Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cincy mike

CITI Card, Verfied Subscriber & Verfied Fan

Recommended Posts

I had an issue with the Paul McCartney presale this past summer. My parents wound up putting the tickets on their Amex for an Amex presale after the fan club presale fell through.

It just stubs me that this process, designed to help fans, got screwed up for GA as badly as it did. Clearly, it worked great for regular seats, but come on, the fans want GA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allirogo said:

Thanks! yes you can and I did. At least as far as I can tell I did. All I want is GAs or RZs though so I doubt any of those will magically appear in the public sale but I will try for them Monday anyway. Thanks for your help.

Don't be so sure.  Very few got them today so you will likely get them Monday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crazygoji said:

Don't be so sure.  Very few got them today so you will likely get them Monday.

 

I will definitely try for them! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just wondering though since there are soooo many GAs available on stubhub for $350+ each!! How on earth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hollywoodswag said:

I had an issue with the Paul McCartney presale this past summer. My parents wound up putting the tickets on their Amex for an Amex presale after the fan club presale fell through.

It just stubs me that this process, designed to help fans, got screwed up for GA as badly as it did. Clearly, it worked great for regular seats, but come on, the fans want GA.

Yes exactly! All i want are GAs or RZs. I can't ever go back to seats after being on the floor for so many shows. This is why I subscribe!! to get GAs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allirogo said:

I will definitely try for them! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just wondering though since there are soooo many GAs available on stubhub for $350+ each!! How on earth?

Looks like the Verified Fan to stop scalpers was an unmitigated failure.  It only succeeded in causing fanclub member to miss out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crazygoji said:

Looks like the Verified Fan to stop scalpers was an unmitigated failure.  It only succeeded in causing fanclub member to miss out.

Yep! total disaster it seems. So sad and frustrating. I am beyond disappointed. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crazygoji said:

Looks like the Verified Fan to stop scalpers was an unmitigated failure.  It only succeeded in causing fanclub member to miss out.

I haven’t followed events since pre-sales started on Tuesday, only that Zootopia was taken offline.

So most fan club subscribers were screwed and the scalpers beat the system again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cincy mike said:

I haven’t followed events since pre-sales started on Tuesday, only that Zootopia was taken offline.

So most fan club subscribers were screwed and the scalpers beat the system again?

From what I'm reading, it seems that way. I was in innocence group and on exactly when tickets were released. No GAs. I thought they all got snatched up by experience group BUT from reading here, tons of Experience members could not get GAs either yesterday. And now loads of GAs are on stubhub for $350+. It's terrible. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my email this evening from citi and it looks like the process is similar to the u2.com presale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, allirogo said:

From what I'm reading, it seems that way. I was in innocence group and on exactly when tickets were released. No GAs. I thought they all got snatched up by experience group BUT from reading here, tons of Experience members could not get GAs either yesterday. And now loads of GAs are on stubhub for $350+. It's terrible. :(

Do the tickets use CC entry like I+e and JT30?  How are tickets on StubHub being resold?  If it can be determined the “tickets” on the secondary market were purchased by scalpers, why can’t TicketMaster cancel the tickets?

didnt some artist do that recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cincy mike said:

Do the tickets use CC entry like I+e and JT30?  How are tickets on StubHub being resold?  If it can be determined the “tickets” on the secondary market were purchased by scalpers, why can’t TicketMaster cancel the tickets?

didnt some artist do that recently?

Chance the Rapper did

https://pitchfork.com/news/68157-chance-the-rapper-says-he-took-back-thousands-of-tickets-from-scalpers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cincy mike said:

Do the tickets use CC entry like I+e and JT30?  How are tickets on StubHub being resold?  If it can be determined the “tickets” on the secondary market were purchased by scalpers, why can’t TicketMaster cancel the tickets?

didnt some artist do that recently?

Also apparently they are paper tickets not CCE this time. Why on earth would they have gone back to paper tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, amenaqt said:

I got my email this evening from citi and it looks like the process is similar to the u2.com presale.

Me too, and I just got my code an hour ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Crazygoji said:

Looks like the Verified Fan to stop scalpers was an unmitigated failure.  It only succeeded in causing fanclub member to miss out.

 

It's ridiculous.  Make me register for "verified fan" if you really think that'll weed out scalpers - it won't - but make me enter a frickin' LOTTERY just to have a CHANCE to buy tickets???

 

I kinda got that for Springsteen on Broadway because those shows were unusual, but for a standard arena tour? 

 

God knows how many people registered for the Citi presale but don't even have Citi cards - I'm guessing a lot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my email last night, got my code about an hour ago - here’s hoping I️ get LA GA today... 

Edited by lukylsp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lukylsp said:

Got my email last night, got my code about an hour ago - here’s hoping I️ get LA GA today... 

I followed the link to the Boston show, but it only shows the same Presale Ticket Options as before:
eXPERIENCE
iNNOCENCE
and the 4 VIP packages

anyone see where to put in your citi code?

I'm crossing my fingers that it'll show up at 9am, in 2 minutes, but seriously doubt it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SamyTheEdge said:

I followed the link to the Boston show, but it only shows the same Presale Ticket Options as before:
eXPERIENCE
iNNOCENCE
and the 4 VIP packages

anyone see where to put in your citi code?

I'm crossing my fingers that it'll show up at 9am, in 2 minutes, but seriously doubt it!

I take it back, the Citi pulldown did show up promptly at 9am!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clicked on the link, put in the code, got 2 GAs and was checked out by 9:02.  

Couldn't ask for easier purchase 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The u2 presales worked like a charm for me, unlike may others, but the citi pre-sales were a bust.  I got the pull down for citi pre-sales promptly at 9 am, but whatever tickets I requested, in whatever category including "best available", or number, returned an error message asking me to try again later.  No message that there were no tickets available, just an error message with the search.  If others were able to get in, I'm assuming the allocation is probably gone by now.  Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Code arrived just after 7 this morning.  No GAs for DC available - still searching and still none.  So, went for RZ.  The RZ for DC are pickup only at Will Call.  Surprised by this as the GA I got for Tulsa for the fan presale are hardcopy and being mailed.

Just checked again for DC - no RZ available now at 10:34 and now they are again at 10:35.  Be patient and keep trying if what you want doesn't come up right away - easy to say, very hard to do!

Edited by peggytwoten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, guess what.....once again was approved as a verified fan, now for the citi presale and didn’t get another presale code ???

what a complete debacle. How about KISS...keep it simple stupid...just put the codes in our accounts like the past and let us at least TRY against the scalpers. ?

Edited by skeegan68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok it's official this is a shit show.. No more U2 memberships or citi cards in the future.. I will be buying through verified scalpers since they get the majority of the tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we allowed to share codes here?

 

I️ registered for multiple cities (as we were allowed to). I️ got my St Louis tix yesterday in Innocence and I️ registered for Vegas as a back up to LA but I️ got an LA code too. 

 

SO are we allowed by mods to share unused Citi codes with fans? If so I️ have St Louis and Las Vegas and am happy to give them to Citi card holding fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...