anc

Presale U2.com: Experience vs Innocence Group?

Hiya...now that my U2.com verified subscriber presale says "Setup Complete" is there an area that shows which presale group I belong to "Experience" or "Innocence"? There is nothing showing up under by Account Info page. Thx!

The eXPERIENCE Group of longtime Subscribers are members who were current, paid Subscribers on December 24, 2016 and have maintained their paid status without lapsing. These Subscribers will have access on the first day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18A followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

The iNNOCENCE Group are Subscribers who joined or upgraded an expired account after December 25, 2016. These Subscribers will have access on the second day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18B followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

Thanks...I was wondering if the group you belong to will be displayed in your Account Info page prior to receiving the presale code?

5 minutes ago, anc said:

Thanks...I was wondering if the group you belong to will be displayed in your Account Info page prior to receiving the presale code?

it's too early for that - wait until the presale approaches for more details to be published...

3 minutes ago, StephOnTour87 said:

As far as I remember, the group you belong always been displayed on profile at the same time you receive your presale code.

Just wait patiently for the Lord :)

This is correct. 

Why is there no tier for long term subscribers. I hardly considered a subscriber who kept up their account since 2016 Long Term. Seems like a major blow to fans who have been part of the fan club for decades. 

if this presale goes bad I guess I can expect another email from Larry. 

Oh well still love these guys and I guess it’s a hard thing to keep everyone happy. Just wish there would have been a tier for loooooonnnngggggggg term subscribers. 

Bonoisgod, I hear you.  They actually used to do three levels--as recently as the 360 tour--which was great.  Now, just the two levels.

I was a paid up member before 24 December 2016 but have been put into the "innocent" category for this tour presale. I have been a U2 fan club member since Propaganda so very disappointed with this.

A real kick in the teeth.

Edited by Cazza

9 hours ago, Cazza said:

I was a paid up member before 24 December 2016 but have been put into the "innocent" category for this tour presale. I have been a U2 fan club member since Propaganda so very disappointed with this.

A real kick in the teeth. Sick of all this fan presale rubbish. Long term fans get the worse deal. Soaring prices and subscriptions and I never got my 2017 membership gift.....

Same to me Cazza. Fan since 85, I didn't miss any tour since 87, Propaganda subscriber since 88. And still iNNOCENT because I was a little late for renewal.

Feels bitter.

It is a shame but if you are using presale for seats I wouldn't worry. All decent seats are likely to be over 300 dollars so at that price there will be lots left long after general sale has started.

But if you want GA you might need the presale.

1 hour ago, StephOnTour87 said:

Same to me Cazza. Fan since 85, I didn't miss any tour since 87, Propaganda subscriber since 88. And still iNNOCENT because I was a little late for renewal.

Feels bitter.

I hear you. Particularly if you want GA.  I was not late for renewal and was subscribed before 24 Dec 2016. And was also paid up before this tour was announced. A bit tired of how this all works tbh. Good the bad give fans an opportunity which is a good thing (we do pay for it mind you) but the long suffering fans always get hit. 

My account now shows I'm "Experienced" , a week after I renewed

The info is below the "Verified Subscriber" section , at the left of the screen

Luc

13 minutes ago, clappingsoul said:

Just to clarify, the Experience presale will be on Tuesday, 11/14, and Innocence will be Wednesday, 11/15, correct?

Yes.  And then Citibank on 11/16.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 1:36 PM, GeorgiaGirl said:

I'm not very happy that I'm in the Innocence group just because I let my membership lapse this past year. I guess nothing before that matters.

They weren't playing around either... my membership lapsed for less than a week and I got Innocence also... after being subscribed continuously for as long as I can remember...

4 hours ago, Robtum said:

Hi , is this pre sale just for north america ? What about the europe leg , do i need to be verified soon for that ? 

Yes... just for USA and Canada... Europe leg will be announced later (undetermined yet)...

If you are only planning to attend EU dates, you can wait for the announcement. It's recommended that you check periodically the site and zootopia for any news regarding the tour...

Anyone else a bit "miffed" about the "hurry up and subscribe since you already used your presale codes for JT2017"? Feels like a money grab. This is an arena tour which means MULTIPLE shows in various venues. Only nearby Chicago on the calendar currently, and only one date? I call BS lads. New arena in Detroit, so I'm thinking they've already booked the venue, just haven't posted WHEN. Why? Supply and demand. Gotta create the demand.

Come on...

I love them. I will go, but probably not multiple shows. I like the new songs, looking forward to the new album. LOVED JT. But I'm gonna wait. I'll take my chances with the public sale and renew in January.

I too, remember paying $15 a year for Prop. Got my postcard. Got my tickets. This. Just. Feels. Wrong.

Edited by Sunder
  • Like 1

Grateful if someone could clarify the Experience pre sale date for Las Vegas.  I thought it was 14 November but Ticketmaster is showing 20 November.  Is that a mistake? 

Edited by Carlos
typo

The 20th is the general sale.

Presales start the 14th for Experience, 15th for Innocence, and 16th for Citicard holders.

I think.... ;)

Edited by ramsatw

10 hours ago, Sunder said:

Anyone else a bit "miffed" about the "hurry up and subscribe since you already used your presale codes for JT2017"? Feels like a money grab. This is an arena tour which means MULTIPLE shows in various venues. Only nearby Chicago on the calendar currently, and only one date? I call BS lads. New arena in Detroit, so I'm thinking they've already booked the venue, just haven't posted WHEN. Why? Supply and demand. Gotta create the demand.

Come on...

I love them. I will go, but probably not multiple shows. I like the new songs, looking forward to the new album. LOVED JT. But I'm gonna wait. I'll take my chances with the public sale and renew in January.

I too, remember paying $15 a year for Prop. Got my postcard. Got my tickets. This. Just. Feels. Wrong.

I think they will add dates for Chicago.  I've never seen them not do it.  They start announcing one show and then add more dates for the same venue.  I doubt they will go to Detroit.  I think they'll set up camp in Chicago and add a couple more shows.  It's what they've done for the IE tour and all other shows at the United Center in Chicago.  The United Center is my favorite venue.  It's a great place and they have good food to boot.  I was a member of Prop since it began as well.  It is a bit of a sting but I have never not gotten my GAs for a show so hopefully it will work this time too.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1