thijst

Unclear situation for Europe

Three questions that I can't find a clear answer to ...

1) When in Europe, do we also have to connect to a US ticketmaster account? 
2) Is pre-ordering the album the only way to get presale codes here in Europe? Simply renewing my subscription for € 50 is not enough? I don't need physical copies of the album, I only stream audio these days, so I really don't need to buy the album.
3) In Europe, is pre-ordering the album enough to get a presale code? Or do we also need a a subscription?

Combining question 2 and 3, the worst case scenario leads to € 70 investment just to get a presale code. I hope I'm wrong because that would be ridiculous.

1) no.

2) Still awaiting a clear answer on that - but for the moment being, if you have a paid subscription assume the only steps needed will be linking your account and authorizing your mobile #.

3) A paid verified subscription should be enough...

Thanks Max. But what should I link my account to? No the US ticketmaster, as you pointed out in your reply to my first question.

Excuse me, being an active paid subscriber might not be enough to get presale codes for Europe??????? 

9 minutes ago, thijst said:

Thanks Max. But what should I link my account to? No the US ticketmaster, as you pointed out in your reply to my first question.

I would recommend to link it to the US TM account... it doesn't cause any harm. In any case, once the procedure for the European presales is published you would know to where it should be linked...

If you don't link to a US TM account it's ok as well...  just wait until this US/CA presales end and the European presales start...

An addendum to your point 2): Have in mind the relevant FAQ questions about how the code was used in the Joshua Tree tour, because that may make necessary to resubscribe. check http://www.u2.com/help for more detail and keep checking the board periodically (particularly once the EU presale approaches) for if there are changes...

7 minutes ago, monica martino said:

Excuse me, being an active paid subscriber might not be enough to get presale codes for Europe??????? 

there's a bit of confusion because there is mention of a presale attached to the album preordering... still seeking clarification over this... Stay tuned and calm...

On 3/11/2017 at 5:10 PM, Max Tsukino said:

there's a bit of confusion because there is mention of a presale attached to the album preordering... still seeking clarification over this... Stay tuned and calm...

Thanks Max for your precious work.

But I think there can't be any misunderstanding on this point.

As stated: " THE TICKET PRESALE WINDOW AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM WILL FOLLOW U2.COM SUBSCRIBER PRESALES. FOR MORE "

It's on the main page.

So I will not accept any additional condition to have access to presale code.

I'll stay tune, of course :-)

53 minutes ago, EnjoyTheClaw said:

Thanks Max for your precious work.

But I think there can't be any misunderstanding on this point.

As stated: " THE TICKET PRESALE WINDOW AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM WILL FOLLOW U2.COM SUBSCRIBER PRESALES. FOR MORE "

It's on the main page.

So I will not accept any additional condition to have access to presale code.

I'll stay tune, of course :-)

then it's clear now: U2.com subscription first, any other presale next, general sale next....

Is there any news on the European CD pre-sales.

I've bought two CDs for hopefully 2 presales codes (4tickets). Or will there only be allowed one code per person?. 

Cheers 

8 minutes ago, utwothefly said:

Is there any news on the European CD pre-sales.

I've bought two CDs for hopefully 2 presales codes (4tickets). Or will there only be allowed one code per person?. 

Cheers 

A friend just preoredered the album. She received an email in which reads that they will send the code in spring 2018 by email...

no info yet if you can have more than one code...

Max, does it make a difference where the album is pre-ordered please?, i usually get mine from Amazon

I'm in the uk and only looking to purchase tickets in Europe.  I phoned the help line and was told NOT to link my account with ticjetmaster in the US. Keep my account as "set up incomplete" and wait for further news on the European dates. 

• Like 1

I didn't Monica. I initially linked my account with ticketmaster US and had the set up complete in green showing. I rang the helpline to check I had done the right thing. He told me to disconnect this and wait for news on the European dates. 

• Brilliant 1

Good to know, thank you for posting that:) ?

I've preordered the album, but I renewed my subscription in January (can't remember whether it was before or after tickets for The Joshua Tree tour went on sale). Do I need to renew my subscription in order to get a new presale code?

As the subscription is only valid for a year, and we might not get a presale before January, I think you will have to renew at some point before the European presale. 

I am in the same situation :)

5 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I've preordered the album, but I renewed my subscription in January (can't remember whether it was before or after tickets for The Joshua Tree tour went on sale). Do I need to renew my subscription in order to get a new presale code?

Pete, my understanding is you do have to resub by the 12th of this month if you want to be eligible for upcoming presale  code UNLESS you didn’t use your JT presale code in which case you will get a new code without re-subbing early.

Mobile Tickets for GA Entry again????

Hi,

I havent't read anything about that yet, so I have a question concerning the format of the tickets.

In 2015 the GA tickets in Europe were Mobile Tickets, they had been sent to a smartphone and you needed to show the code to get into the arena. Now the procedure for buying tickets is somehow different.....with all the registrations things......will the GA tickets again only be available via smartphone so to say, or will we get paper tickets/print@home tickets for GA???

Would love to know it in advance....

Thanks!

I definitely know, at least in Germany, GA entry was via smartphone. You had been sent a link, by which you had to download your barcode = entry code to your smartphone, which you had to show to gain entrance, GA. And as far as I know, there was no credit card required. I think, it was the same case for Dublin as it was in Germany, but I'm not so very sure about that....I would also like to know, what would be the case for Dulin GA entry this time around.

I would prefer paper tickets!!!!!!!!! as I don't have a smartphone. I only have an old-fashioned mobile phone, no internet availability. In 2015 I have been with people who wouldn't like to have GA, so we all opted for seating tickets. But this time around I would definitely prefer GA TIX!!!

If this information is alreadly available and ready for confirmation, I would very much like to have it published!!!!!

Thanks for clarification!