Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
thijst

Unclear situation for Europe

Recommended Posts

GA entry in Germany in 2015 was via smartphone ONLY, when you ordered tix at "eventim" which is another big ticket selling company in Germany. I don't know, if that was the same with "ticketmaster.de" --> Germany. I have just checked both eventim and TM.de. At "eventim" NOW there is an option, what kind of ticket you would like, if you buy any ticket. I couldn't find anything there kind of CCE. Maybe they have it, I haven't seen such thing. At TM.de now I could only find a categorie which says "Ticket-Personalisierung", which means a ticket has to be personalised when buying it and be verified by passport or so for entry. Also no CCE. Hope I got that right.

Anyway, monica m, thanks a lot for claryfying CCE for Dublin in 2015!!! Let's hope, this will be the case next year too!!!

And for the rest, for now, I'll hope for the best, which means, CCE for GA in Germany also!!!!!

Probably the mods read the two last sentences and if there are some official announcements concerning GA entry ticket formats, PLEASE let us know. Thanks a lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't have the nerves to wait any longer so I just renewed my subscription. Just in case.

 

But as I read these posts, it is not necessary for me to create an American Ticketmaster account, as I am not interested in US concerts?

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wenmir said:

Didn't have the nerves to wait any longer so I just renewed my subscription. Just in case.

 

But as I read these posts, it is not necessary for me to create an American Ticketmaster account, as I am not interested in US concerts?

  

lots being told by CS its not necessary if you are not intending to try for US presales. Personal choice (if you want to leave options open)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Nov 1 I renewd my membership and connected with ticketmaster.com and agreed to sms-messaging as (then) the text said "all subscribers MUST". So my setup is complete and I'm verified.

But it seems that it's only for North American presale. I want Europe tickets only.

I asked u2-support for help what I need to do now that I don't forfeit my code for Europe. I was told that I don't need to verify now if I want to buy only Europe tickets. But I am verifed already.

the only reply by u2-support I received that kind of helped me was: Registering for the North American concerts will not disqualify you from registering to the international concerts.

So do I get it right?

IIt doesn't matter that I'm verified now/for North American presales. As long as I don't use the code for US/Canada-shows I will have the code (or a new one) for the Europe-presales.

And as common I will not have to renew my membership for Europe-presales as long as I haven't used my presale-code for North American shows.

right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Support answer

Thank you for your email. I'll be glad to assist you.

This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only. You only need to complete the registration if you wish to attend a show in the U.S or Canada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 5:34 AM, peterferris8 said:

I've preordered the album, but I renewed my subscription in January (can't remember whether it was before or after tickets for The Joshua Tree tour went on sale). Do I need to renew my subscription in order to get a new presale code?

for the U2.com subscribers presale, yes you would need to resubscribe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

for the U2.com subscribers presale, yes you would need to resubscribe...

Ok, that’s clear. But we can wait to resubscribe until the European presale starts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, eme2 said:

Support answer

Thank you for your email. I'll be glad to assist you.

This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only. You only need to complete the registration if you wish to attend a show in the U.S or Canada. 

Yeah, I was told that too. But what to do if like in my case I am ALREADY verified (as the text then said "all subscribers MUST" without info that only if youwant tickets for US/Canada)? Simple stay verified and don't use the code? Or unverify? Or do I risk my code if I unverify?

Anyone knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mwinterberg said:

I purchased the alum through Itunes but does that still count as a preorder album in which I'll get a preorder code? 

I preordered the album (in Europe) straight away but as it turned out s(shortly after) the button was linked with the first page if the webpage and there are two buttons:

one button: "Pre-order/pre-save"

another button : "Pre-order for ticket presale access (selected countries only)"  - so I guess the code will be only by pre-ordering via this button.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Quick question & apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. 

I live in Europe & want to attend shows in both the US & Europe. I have done all the necessary for Verified Fan in the US and will look to buy 2 tickets this afternoon. If I do this however, will this mean that I will not be able to purchase 2 tickets (presuming that's the allocation), for Europe?

Many thanks in advance for your time & effort in answering.

David. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Max,i have been send my pre-sale code by text a few days ago....but i don't intend to go to the US concerts....i only want to go to European shows.Is it alreaday too late for me now,can i use this code i got for the European pre-sales?please,help me out of this confusing situation....thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, u2hl said:

Hello Max,i have been send my pre-sale code by text a few days ago....but i don't intend to go to the US concerts....i only want to go to European shows.Is it alreaday too late for me now,can i use this code i got for the European pre-sales?please,help me out of this confusing situation....thank you! :)

wait until the EU presale process starts, please

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I received my presale code by txt. My question is, as i live in the uk, can i use the same code for the upcoming european presales? I didnt realise at the time of completing the setup and creating/linking a US ticketmaster account, that the american dates were the only ones available.

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading a lot of the comments regarding the US presale has made me really, really nervous for this one. Buying tickets for the I&E and Joshua Tree tours, for me, was as easy as putting a pizza in the oven - this could be much harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also so nervous!

Any news about the European Tour? When are the dates, when is the presale! Can t wait!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I am really confused/worried...I am in UK and want European presale tickets. I verified and linked to Ticketmaster as instructed and got presale info for US tour (which I didn't want!) how can I be sure I will get UK/Europe presale?! I am long term u2.com member - I have never let my fan club subs lapse since 1982/1983....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ballynoe beetle said:

Hi,

I received my presale code by txt. My question is, as i live in the uk, can i use the same code for the upcoming european presales? I didnt realise at the time of completing the setup and creating/linking a US ticketmaster account, that the american dates were the only ones available.

Phil

What Phil said!....me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told by u2-support that being varified/setup complete and don't want North Amrerica tickets:

- Registering for the North American concerts will not disqualify you from registering to the international concerts.

- It is fine that you completed the set up, just do not use the codes. The Europen leg of the tour is set up differenly, you will receive information on that at a later date.

- No need to complete the setup if you are not interested in purchasing US/Canada tickets. Simply wait for the European leg of the tour to be announced. We strongly suggest you do NOT use any code sent to you for US/Canada tour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soey said:

I was told by u2-support that being varified/setup complete and don't want North Amrerica tickets:

- Registering for the North American concerts will not disqualify you from registering to the international concerts.

- It is fine that you completed the set up, just do not use the codes. The Europen leg of the tour is set up differenly, you will receive information on that at a later date.

- No need to complete the setup if you are not interested in purchasing US/Canada tickets. Simply wait for the European leg of the tour to be announced. We strongly suggest you do NOT use any code sent to you for US/Canada tour.

 

thank you so much for this important information U2 sister! much appreciated,have a beaU2iful day! ;)

  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ingenpat said:

I'm also so nervous!

Any news about the European Tour? When are the dates, when is the presale! Can t wait!!!!

I believe word was when the US dates were announced that Europe/UK shows would be announced early in the new year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Reading a lot of the comments regarding the US presale has made me really, really nervous for this one. Buying tickets for the I&E and Joshua Tree tours, for me, was as easy as putting a pizza in the oven - this could be much harder.

Yes Peter Ferris...I’m already stressing and we dont even have the info yet.  It seems like an utter nightmare from what I have read in the most part and waiting to receive a code will be like being on death row!  I hope they manage to learn from this and fix things before Europe dates. I have never ever had a problem getting tickets in 30 years which is brilliant of course but reading all those posts makes me fear the worst!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...