Sign in to follow this  
Mark Bentman

WHY SHOULD I SUBSCRIBE AGAIN FOR TICKETS?

My subscription doesn’t run out until May 2018 but if I want to get pre-sale tickets I have to pay to re-subscribe now which is 6 months before I need to. Why? For U2’s love of money, money, money that’s why. You are becoming a disgrace boys. Taking more and more cash from loyal fans like me. Stop talking about problems in the world and start dealing with the problems of people like me who you are fleecing for more pounds than ever, while selling out to the biggest ticket tout of all ie Ticketmaster. Because of these new systems, no one can buy a ticket at face value from a fellow fan but has to go a Ticketmaster secondary site for a ticket at over the odds prices. It’s no longer a beautiful day Bono.

• Like 1

I feel you... When I first started following the boys, being in the fan club meant more. Propaganda members got real magazines and some pretty cool stuff... not to mention being a part of a REAL fan club. The reason I joined again is because I want to be able to have a chance to be in the GA again. Every other chance I've had since the Vertigo tour, I haven't been able to get good "seats" for less than $500 each. Greedy bastards.

I agree. I only pay my money to guarantee GA tickets. Standing at Twickenham was amazing but I had seats near the back in Amsterdam and the sound was terrible. I just don’t see why I have to re-subscribe when my original subscription payment was supposed to give me access to pre-sale.

If you didn't buy tickets for jt tour with the current active subscription you don't need to renew It'ss been fixed in the last days 

To have set up complete you must anyway connect to TM Usa and accept txt messages 

• Like 1

I used my code for The JT tour but it’s not my fault that they announce another tour within the same year. My subscription is for one year and includes various things including pre sale. No matter how many tours they announce in that year, I shouldn’t have to pay earlier than I need to.

• Upvote 1

The whole situation seems like a bit of a flustercluck and it should be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Mark Bentman said:

I used my code for The JT tour but it’s not my fault that they announce another tour within the same year. My subscription is for one year and includes various things including pre sale. No matter how many tours they announce in that year, I shouldn’t have to pay earlier than I need to.

I agree. I used my code for the JT tour for tickets to Twickenham (flew all the way from Australia). I renewed my subscription after using that code - after the concert frankly - as my subscription was running out in September. I’m now paid up until September 2018. While I’m not planning to buy tickets in this round (I’m crossing my fingers they actually bring this tour to Australia), it still says I need to renew my subscription! In my books, I haven’t used my code for this new subscription. And 2 tickets instead of 4 is just ludicrous if you want to sit with fellow fans. They really haven’t thought this through.

For indoor tours tickets limit has always been 2 which makes sense, allowing more people to purchase 

Does anyone have the posting from earlier this year about how your membership gets you presale access REGARDLESS of how many tours happen?

When I renewed in January, the site stated that you would have presale access to different tours if the went onsale during your membership. There was no limit on how many "codes" that you received. It seems that U2.com has changed that. I would like U2.com to post what the terms were when I signed up as they have changed the rules at the end of the game.

Also, any idea who I could talk to about this?