Sign in to follow this  
lin

What happened to the good old days

Now I might  be the odd one out here but what happened to the good old days of calling up to get your tickets you could only purchase 4 at a time and often you would be at the phone pressing the redial button and eventually you'd get through and get your tickets if you wanted more you had to redial and go through the whole process again hitting the redial and trying  so I'm sure that helped to stop people getting more than they needed and it seemed there was never as many scalper outside trying to sell tickets (or am I just so old that I'm seeing this in rose coloured glasses)

now It's all done on the computer and you have to prove your not a bot but this system allowed scalpers to get  get tickets and stop real fans getting them as the scalpels would have lots of computers booking tickets before real fans could even select your seat it would be sold out

bring back the old way it might be slow but you stand a fairer chance to get tickets all this having to prove I'm a fan (I've been fan since I was 15 and I'm in my 50s now) is just causing stress before the real stress of trying to get a ticket I say this but yet again I've fallen for the having to renew and pre ordered the new album 

come on u2 read some of your real fans comments and talk to fans about how tickets should be sold we all know how to stop scalpers unlike live nation and ticketmaster and other sights that sell tickets I'm seriously getting to old for this stress

see hopefully if I get my tickets on the new tour

ive yet to miss a tour since the war tour! 

• Like 1

The "good old days" were when "real fans" camped outside local record stores overnight and hoped they would be at the front of the line  before tickets ran out when they were released in the morning.

True you also know that the person in front or behind you was going through the same panic but you had I thing in common your were fans and you helped each other saved each other s place if you had to use the loo real friendships developed and when gates opened you looked out for each other 

concerts too had fans attending not like now days where it's seen to be cool to be at the hottest concert with no interest in listening to the band but to talk all the way through ( this happened to me at twickenham 2  guys who talked all the way through and spoit it for about 5 people in the rows behind )

this action stops real fans again getting tickets corporate tickets too never used to be concert goers where there because they wanted to be to sing Thier hearts out to scream at their favourite band member and enjoy the atmosphere of real fans doing the same

i know things have to move forward but I still think that somebody needs to ask real fans the best way forward so real fans get the tickets that they want and the seats they want I'm sure we the real fans of u2 could come up with a better way to guarantee that loyal fans don't miss out

I definitely miss the old GA line days. Heck, I almost miss mailing in the Propaganda ticket request form. I still have one.  

On 11/4/2017 at 7:03 PM, monica martino said:

And when we had GA line without numbers and roll call 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 7:55 PM, rantnnravin said:

The "good old days" were when "real fans" camped outside local record stores overnight and hoped they would be at the front of the line  before tickets ran out when they were released in the morning.

I for one am glad those days are over!

On 11/4/2017 at 8:03 PM, monica martino said:

And when we had GA line without numbers and roll call 

Haha. That's because we all respected the process and acted like adults. We weren't entitled to anything except the place we got in line...  :)

On 11/5/2017 at 8:56 AM, lin said:

True you also know that the person in front or behind you was going through the same panic but you had I thing in common your were fans and you helped each other saved each other s place if you had to use the loo real friendships developed and when gates opened you looked out for each other 

concerts too had fans attending not like now days where it's seen to be cool to be at the hottest concert with no interest in listening to the band but to talk all the way through ( this happened to me at twickenham 2  guys who talked all the way through and spoit it for about 5 people in the rows behind )

this action stops real fans again getting tickets corporate tickets too never used to be concert goers where there because they wanted to be to sing Thier hearts out to scream at their favourite band member and enjoy the atmosphere of real fans doing the same

i know things have to move forward but I still think that somebody needs to ask real fans the best way forward so real fans get the tickets that they want and the seats they want I'm sure we the real fans of u2 could come up with a better way to guarantee that loyal fans don't miss out

ahhh.... the days of real human interaction and ticket localization. i made some lifelong friends in those lines. 

and if you did miss out on tickets, you could always rely on someone having an extra on the day of show that only wanted what they paid for the ticket, and maybe a beer inside.  :)

On 11/7/2017 at 8:08 PM, GeorgiaGirl said:

I for one am glad those days are over!

I couldn't agree more. I'd rather not have to get dressed and sleep on the street to get tickets. If that doesn't make me a "true fan" I'm all for it but just tell that to my bank account after seeing six shows in four years. 

• Like 1