Sign in to follow this  
JCF

Ticket purchase limits

I know the pre-sale ticket limit is 2 tickets, they can be to the same show or split between two.  Then there's the Citi pre-sale and the onsale, both of which state that there is a 4 ticket limit PER ACCESS CODE.  And you have to register separately for each date you want to have access to.  So, do we get a separate access code from Ticketmaster for each show we registered for? And so is that a 4 ticket limit per show?  Or total for the tour?  I would love to go to a number of shows in the northeast.  Anyway, I am wondering if we get 2 pre-sale tickets, and then 4 to each show through the Citi pre-sale, and 4 to each show in the onsale, or is it 4 TOTAL for each of the Citi sale and the public onsale.  Thanks if anyone understands this.  

The info I am trying to interpret is this, from the U2.com Citi pre-sale info:  To be eligible to receive an access code, you must register for all shows you are interested in attending. To complete additional registrations, please return back to the Verified Fan form, complete each section, select a new date, and submit

To receive a code, fans must first be verified through the registration process. Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets. To allow as many fans as possible to enjoy U2, there is a four (4) ticket limit per access code.

The u2.com presale ticket limit is 2 (for the whole 2018 US leg).  The citi and TM ticket limits are almost certainly per show, not per tour.  Regarding the ticket limit per show INCLUDING any presale tix for that show, venues differ--read the extra info on the TM page for that show (some venues have this info, some don't, yet).

I am checking this, but doubt anyone will be able to be allowed more than 4 presale tickets per tour via various schemes.. 

Scenario: I want to get 2 tickets in the presale, for two separate shows (Chicago & NY), and then I wanted to get one in the general sale for Nashville, assuming I get a code for it. I have accumulated 3 tickets across 3 shows. Now my husband and I are traveling later in the summer to Britain to visit family, and if they happen to be playing while we are there, I would maybe want to get 2 tickets to London or wherever they choose to play if we can work it out. This would technically be 5 tickets between the presale (2) and general sales (3). Is this exceeding the total ticket limit or am I within the rules?

My interpretation, from doing more reading, abluerwhite, is that you are fine b/c you just have your 2 presale tickets, and then the rest of them are nowhere near 4 per date.  And Mike7man, thanks for your thoughts. I don't think I'll need more than 2 tickets for any separate show so I should be fine, as far as I can tell.  

Bigwave, thanks for the response. That is good to know! Last thing I want is to run afoul of rules.  

If I'm reading BigWave's response correctly, we are only allowed a total of 4 presale tickets, split any way among the various presales (2 U2.com subscriber, and 2 in Citi, for example).

BUT - no limit on general sale tickets (other than whatever the normal public limit per show happens to be)? And the public sale tickets don't count against a fan's total tour limit?

Is this correct? Us crazies planning to go to more than 4 shows need to figure out if we have to get prepaid cards and false identities for general sale or not. ;-)

• Haha 1

It would be good to get clarification on the 4 pre-sale limit across the pre-sales, since nowhere in the U2.com or Ticketmaster rules does it state that.  I emailed U2.com for clarification a couple days ago but have not yet heard back.  

Usually for arena shows, the ticket limit is 2. I have no confirmation, but that's what I'm hearing the case is for this tour also. At least in NA.

Agreed - I totally understand 2 tix per U2.com pre-sale code.  No problem. It's the Citi pre-sale that has me confused, since their own rules state that the limit is four per code, (which still isn't clear if that means one code across all shows you register for, or one code per show)  and we have been told that the Citi pre-sale is totally separate from the U2.com pre-sale.  That's the part I'm currently trying to figure out.

My question is this: got a single for myself this past Tuesday for one show. If they add dates later, am I still able to get another single to that show I desire? And if so, do I use the same presale code, or do I need to register again, and receive another code? Mods please? Thank you.

Edited by Cityofblindinglights

The confusion about the limits is frustrating.

Wells Fargo customer service told me if I bought 2 tix in u2.com presale, I could only buy 2 more in the citi presale.

So I did that, for fear of tickets being cancelled.  

But I see posts on this board or maybe another from users that bought 2 in u2.com presale, and 4 more in citi presale?  That would have been perfect for me, but I didn't want to risk ending up with 0 tix after a cancellation for violating the rules.

If I get a code for the general sale, can I use it?  Who knows?

(And I know I shouldn't complain, plenty of long time fans ended up with 0 tickets, so I'm in pretty good shape really.)

Edited by tomschaedler
extra thoughts

2 hours ago, Cityofblindinglights said:

My question is this: got a single for myself this past Tuesday for one show. If they add dates later, am I still able to get another single to that show I desire? And if so, do I use the same presale code, or do I need to register again, and receive another code? Mods please? Thank you.

they haven't announced that information yet, or even added shows at all, for that matter...  they better still carryover if they haven't been used.  i, as well as many fans, didn't receive their experience codes until after the innocence presales had all begun..  and by that time, there was nothing but overpriced crap left.  i saved my code for hopefully an added date.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, bigwave said:

I am checking this, but doubt anyone will be able to be allowed more than 4 presale tickets per tour via various schemes.. 

I have been searching for confirmation of this? The language that Ticketmaster has used on all individual event dates that I have looked at has no mention of 4 tickets for the whole tour.  If someone purchased 2 via U2.com fan club presale for one date and 4 via citi presale for a second date would they be at risk of having tickets cancelled?In the past for different concerts I have seen terminology around the lines of "X ticket limit for all presales combined".  I would think such a limit should be at least mentioned clearly by ticketmaster if they plan on enforcing that strict a limit for the whole tour.  I do not recall ticket limits being enforced on a multiple event level or based on a whole tour.

the general rule with presale tickets + general tickets has always been 4 tickets total... I would recommend not risking a possible cancellation by buying more than 4 total...

6 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

the general rule with presale tickets + general tickets has always been 4 tickets total... I would recommend not risking a possible cancellation by buying more than 4 total...

It's just a shame that ticketmaster / U2 does not explicitly say this anywhere.  I've checked the event sites and googled the internet without any official word or even a mention on total limit per tour.  You would think that if It is this strict a limit they would post it somewhere in plain sight instead of people theorizing on it.  Thank you for your response.  I wish ticketmaster would be more transparent.  They should not have the power to cancel your tickets if they don't explicitly post an exact limit on tickets.  Citi presale says 4 tickets per code but nothing about total limits.

I bought 5 for round 1 (5 different cities, 1 ticket each) between fan club and Citi presales, and have received all my tickets. Just bought 1 for the added MSG show via Citi.

It would be really helpful to have clear, consistent communication on ticket limits. Though I would argue there should not be a "per tour" limit since there are a lot of fans who go to multiple shows. "Per date" would make more sense to help thwart scalpers.

11 minutes ago, stateless said:

I bought 5 for round 1 (5 different cities, 1 ticket each) between fan club and Citi presales, and have received all my tickets. Just bought 1 for the added MSG show via Citi.

It would be really helpful to have clear, consistent communication on ticket limits. Though I would argue there should not be a "per tour" limit since there are a lot of fans who go to multiple shows. "Per date" would make more sense to help thwart scalpers.

thank you for sharing this.  I totally agree about being clear on limits.  With a band as big as U2 there should be clear ticket limits explained.  Citi saying 4x code makes it seem like you can get 4x through citi per date.

I bought 2 in innocence and had 4 GA's come up in the general sale, punched in my info. and was rejected because "I exceeded the ticket limit." :(

2 hours ago, ApolloAndy said:

I bought 2 in innocence and had 4 GA's come up in the general sale, punched in my info. and was rejected because "I exceeded the ticket limit." :(

Same show date?  I'm guessing the per event limit is 4, but there's no indication on any site U2 or ticketmaster that says "max 4 tickets for the tour"