carvajfcutah

American Soul or The Blackout as openers?

Since The Blackout cane out I actually really liked that song and I thought it would make a pretty good song for them to open the shows with, but now after hearing American soul that would also make a good opening song. Or maybe American Soul followed by The Blackout for the first 2 songs. What’s everyones thoughts?

The Blackout would be a killer opener for sure, followed up by The Electric Co!

Edited by zooropamofo

I actually could see them opening with "You're the Best Thing" - Bono walking in like the innocence tour, waving, etc., then starting the opening lines while walking from the experience stage to the innocence stage with everything kicking in and lights going out when he gets there - like "The Miracle" opener.

I could definitely see Blackout as the second song - with stage lights going out right after Best Thing leading into strobes, etc for Blackout.

• Like 1

Blackout would be a great opener. I really don’t like American Soul at all. 

Edited by Matt_u2
  • Like 2

i just love the Blackout,great rocking sound,makes it ideal as an opener!!!

On 11/19/2017 at 11:46 AM, RockHardly05 said:

I actually could see them opening with "You're the Best Thing" - Bono walking in like the innocence tour, waving, etc., then starting the opening lines while walking from the experience stage to the innocence stage with everything kicking in and lights going out when he gets there - like "The Miracle" opener.

I could definitely see Blackout as the second song - with stage lights going out right after Best Thing leading into strobes, etc for Blackout.

That could work and the one challenge on this tour with literally using the same stage how do you change it?  U2 has managed to always make a great entrance.  Streets on the JT Tour, Zoo Station, Mofo, Elevation - personally a favorite, City of Blinding Lights, Breathe - which I personally liked with Larry leading the way to indeed The Miracle with Bono on the walk, and of course Larry leading the way this summer with SBS.  I think this one should open up with The Blackout and do the twist with the Edge coming from the Experience stage with an extended intro of the Blackout adding Larry and Adam then  Bono joins them on stage with lights all still on and then they go out when he hits "when the lights go out"

1 hour ago, dwenn said:

That could work and the one challenge on this tour with literally using the same stage how do you change it? 

Maybe the uppers are so expensive because they're going to FLY in this time.  Like Lady Gaga.   LOL!

The Blackout. I can see them playing Get Out Of Your Own Way and American Soul in order like on the album, because of the rap part in between that it looks like Bono will do on his megaphone. 

I can absolutely see them opening with The Blackout followed by The Fly. It would make a lot of sense considering the Blackout rocks followed by THe Fly would turn the crowd on its ear. The songs are sonically similar although differant keys . Also In the innocence shows ,,, early songs (ooc, electic co, gloria ,  i will follow)  were in the beginning of the show. .. I believe that the Experience part of the career started At Achtung Baby. The fly hasnt been played the past 2 tours ,, I can see this being its return to prominence.

I'm going against the grain here and making a wild-ass guess, but would be interesting if they opened with Song For Someone and ended with 13 (There is a Light) from SoE for the main set.