Anyone else just had an email from Ticketmaster to enter a ballot for tickets to see U2 performance in Trafalgar Square, London this Saturday?

Excited much !

Please use the link below to register.:D

https://mtv_presents_trafalgar_sq.ontouraccess.com/ 

MTV Presents Trafalgar Square

mtvpresents_ts1509644314.png

MTV is set to honour stellar rock band U2 with the Global Icon award at the 2017 MTV EMAs.  The band will mark the occasion with a live EMA performance in London’s landmark Trafalgar Square, in the heart of the city, on Saturday 11 November for MTV Presents Trafalgar Square.

Tickets for this special show will be free (max 2 tickets per person).  

Click on the link below and enter your email address before 10pm on Tuesday 7 November in order to be entered into the MTV Presents Trafalgar Square ticket ballot.

If successfully drawn, you will be contacted on an email on Wednesday 8 November, which will include a one-time-use unique code and link to obtain up to 2 show tickets.

Guests under 16 must be accompanied by an adult + 18.

For more information go to www.mtv.co.uk/mtvpresents

Email Address
Re-enter email address
First Name
Last Name
Please check this box if you require wheelchair access.
Postcode (please enter with spaces e.g. WC2N 5DX)
Phone number

Yes, I agree to receive emails from MTV Presents
I have read and accept Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy

Yep! I already know i'll be gutted if I dont get to go. Apparently the gig will be about 40 mins long and in front of 7000!!

Yes, have entered, not expecting any luck but you never know! Does anyone know what time it's starting? 

Does anyone know what time it's finishing?

Email says collect wristbands before 2pm and to arrive at Trafalgar Square by 3pm. And for U2 to play for 40 minutes.

I need to leave at 6.50 - 7pm because I would have to catch a train to Doncaster because I'm on stage at my own gig at 10pm

Will subscribers who received the mail be part of a restricted draw or we just joined the rest of the world? 

2 hours ago, monica martino said:

Will subscribers who received the mail be part of a restricted draw or we just joined the rest of the world? 

It says the draw for subscribers is for up close. Anyone who is not successful will go in a ballot for GA. 70% go to London postcodes, 30% other postcodes.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, jonno77 said:

It says the draw for subscribers is for up close. Anyone who is not successful will go in a ballot for GA. 70% go to London postcodes, 30% other postcodes.

So how do you enter the draw for subscribers? I didn't receive any email about that. :(

5 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

And it just had to be on the same day as my own gig in Brighton - on at 4.45 as well!

I turned 40 when JT30 was at Twickenham so didn't have a do. My belated do is this weekend 😥. Already told my mates I'm bailing if I get tickets. It's all about priorities 😜

14 hours ago, Popmartijn said:

So how do you enter the draw for subscribers? I didn't receive any email about that. :(

There was an email. I got two, one from U2 and one from Ticketmaster. T&C's say it will cross check email entered against their list and duplicates will be disqualified. So I only entered once even tho 2 emails.

So check your spam if paid up subscriber.

Edited by jonno77
Added comment

19 hours ago, theyallayallas said:

Does anyone know what time it's finishing?

Email says collect wristbands before 2pm and to arrive at Trafalgar Square by 3pm. And for U2 to play for 40 minutes.

I need to leave at 6.50 - 7pm because I would have to catch a train to Doncaster because I'm on stage at my own gig at 10pm

Seen this:

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/u2-perform-trafalgar-square-saturday

Says finishes at 10pm. Support starts at 7pm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonno77 said:

Seen this:

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/u2-perform-trafalgar-square-saturday

Says finishes at 10pm. Support starts at 7pm.

Good info :)

If DG is on from 9-10 then I'd imagine u2 will be on around 8 or just before with a 40 minute set. I mean Guetta has only got a laptop to set up so not much time sorting that out.

Edited by utwothefly

1 hour ago, utwothefly said:

If DG is on from 9-10 then I'd imagine u2 will be on around 8 or just before with a 40 minute set. I mean Guetta has only got a laptop to set up so not much time sorting that out.

I've missed where it says DG on from 9-10. So he's definitely on after U2?

MTV it is still existing :D ?! i remember the enduring nights of 1983 at home looking for Sunday Bloody Sunday to turn up again the only song that had some real meaning and New Years Day but well yea secretly curious just curious is there something interesting they play out loud or maybe not we'll see

a wonderful stage however in the heart of London

Edited by jaanakulo

7 hours ago, utwothefly said:

It doesn't say anywhere that u2 are on at 8 ?? Surely u2 will close the show seeing as the show has been put on for them