42 minutes ago, miracleboy said:

I got lucky too but nowhere to redeem my code!

There's a link to TM. Opens at 12 but it's not working for me. Any luck? 

4 minutes ago, utwothefly said:

There's a link to TM. Opens at 12 but it's not working for me. Any luck? 

Hmm, strange. My code was accepted. Maybe give TM a call and see if they can help, probably just gremlins in the system.

My code worked and I got my tickets. Just waiting for ticketmaster so I can print off. I wonder if they will show the Ireland game and then play. The band I’m sure would like to watch it.

On 06/11/2017 at 9:14 PM, Popmartijn said:

So how do you enter the draw for subscribers? I didn't receive any email about that. :(

Not even received a response yet.Fucking typical never have any luck😣😢😢😢😢

7 minutes ago, colincooper said:

Not even received a response yet.Fucking typical never have any luck😣😢😢😢😢

Check your junk folders. My hotmail email went to my junk folder 

12 minutes ago, joshthetree said:

Did anyone north of Birmingham win tickets?;)

Im from West Brom,didn't win though:-( abit crap the tickets were 70% London postcodes 

8 minutes ago, chriswba said:

Im from West Brom,didn't win though:-( abit crap the tickets were 70% London postcodes 

I live in Coventry never even got a reply. 

Neither the missus nor myself scored tickets, an hour east. Some folks from further afield seemed to have luck in the general ballot. Trying to curb the disappointment by considering the sheer maths involved.

Will be a real shame if the same 'superfans' as seem to get sorted for every special event are posting on Twitter/ Instagram from the front of stage this turn. 

I didn’t win either :( 

but to be fair, I‘m too far away from London, so chances weren’t too good...

maybe next time more luck.

congrats to all winners, have fun :) 

42 minutes ago, mystacon said:

Hmm, strange. My code was accepted. Maybe give TM a call and see if they can help, probably just gremlins in the system.

I just tried on a lap top and it worked fine, for some reason didn't work on my phone. Welllll happy!

Didn’t even get a response to the “super fan” ballot. Surely they’ll play loud enough to hear from a few blocks away!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, monica martino said:

So someone received 4 positive mails and of course plenty negative ones 

Iwould say pretty unfair 

Me no luck :(

AAnyone needs +1? ;)

I thought you could only enter once like I said earlier never even got a reply 

Would love to go if anyone has a spare...can’t even queue on the pavement for days to get these (unlike the good old days!!)

Hope all you lucky ones enjoy it...and get those phones out so we can all watch!!

This seemed to be a Ticketmaster-led ballot so you'd imagine that they have the technology to make sure that this wouldn't happen. Still keeping a candle going for any tickets not being taken up. Of course, there is always the option of 50,000 of us just showing up out of the blue...

2 minutes ago, Thor u2 said:

It doesn't seem to count the fact that I've been a fan and supported the band for 41 years, live in the London area and still am not selected for tickets for the gig on Saturday. Frankly I'm appalled as it always seems to me that U2.com / Live Nation / Ticketmaster are only interested in pandering to Facebook, Twitter and download fans and not people like myself that actually purchase physical formats and have been going to watch the band since 1980. The fact that the new album cover looks like a bad clothing catalogue, no actual physical single releases from the last two albums (apart from scalpers selling "The Blackout" RSD Black Friday 12" on eBay for over £100 already, grossly unfair) and now this fiasco! That's it for me I'm afraid and have finally had enough.  

I'm the same been a u2 fan for 30+ seen them in various countries 47 times been a fan club member for 30+years and I think it is all getting a little to commercial. We used to get tickets for concerts before the public even knew about te gig.Buying an album and going to gigs is far to expensive. I never even got a reply. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thor u2 said:

It doesn't seem to count the fact that I've been a fan and supported the band for 41 years, live in the London area and still am not selected for tickets for the gig on Saturday. Frankly I'm appalled as it always seems to me that U2.com / Live Nation / Ticketmaster are only interested in pandering to Facebook, Twitter and download fans and not people like myself that actually purchase physical formats and have been going to watch the band since 1980. The fact that the new album cover looks like a bad clothing catalogue, no actual physical single releases from the last two albums (apart from scalpers selling "The Blackout" RSD Black Friday 12" on eBay for over £100 already, grossly unfair) and now this fiasco! That's it for me I'm afraid and have finally had enough.  

Eh? You're appalled? It was a prize draw for crying out loud!

I tell you what, I've been buying lottery tickets every week since they started it 25 years ago and I haven't won once, I'm appalled, enough is enough!

And what does buying physical formats have to do with it?

3 minutes ago, Thor u2 said:

Totally agree Colin, I think it's an absolute disgrace. What next for the band, Rupert Murdoch and Sky TV to sponsor the next tour? Also always pandering to the USA market first as well, typical of what I'd expect from Live Nation.

I will be selling my entire U2 collection as a consequence to all of this continual slap in face to loyal longstanding fans.

Oh man, you are just too much. Let's face it, you're not selling anything, stop being such a big whinger, you didn't win a ticket, better luck next time.

10 minutes ago, mystacon said:

Eh? You're appalled? It was a prize draw for crying out loud!

I tell you what, I've been buying lottery tickets every week since they started it 25 years ago and I haven't won once, I'm appalled, enough is enough!

And what does buying physical formats have to do with it?

i think you've missed the point - the suggestion was that tickets should be distributed in way which is not a prize draw but instead reflects the financial outlay and time that folk have devoted to U2..

its always a difficult one - but would be nice to have a subscribers only show!  like bowie used to do for bowienetters...

Edited by delacey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thor u2 said:

That's my view and the fact I spend a lot of money on the band in the past gives me the right to complain in my opinion. Sounds like to me you are just another sycophant happy to have whatever is dished up to you.

The right to complain that you didn't win a prize draw? Sounds to me as if the only way you'd be happy is if Bono personally researched who the biggest fans were and then came to your house, presenting you with a tickets in a golden envelope.