1 minute ago, delacey said:

i think you've missed the point - the issue is that tickets should be distributed in way which is not a prize draw abut instead reflects the financial outlay and time that folk have devoted to U2..

No, I haven't missed the point at all. I think I might understand a little more if this was a full on U2 gig, but it's more of a promotional thing set up by MTV.

Just now, Thor u2 said:

Yes whatever you say troll.

No, not trolling. I just get really pissed off with people on the internet who seem to think they have a god given right to something. Why not be one of those people who just say "Oh well, no win for me this time, I hope those of you that did have a great time!". No, that would just be too much wouldn't it?

Anyway, good luck selling all your U2 stuff. 

2 minutes ago, mystacon said:

No, I haven't missed the point at all. I think I might understand a little more if this was a full on U2 gig, but it's more of a promotional thing set up by MTV.

my friend - given that you appear to have gotten tickets - maybe you should let discretion be the better part of valour....

1 minute ago, delacey said:

my friend - given that you appear to have gotten tickets - maybe you should let discretion be the better part of valour....

Sorry but I like to call out people who are being unreasonable.

If I hadn't won tickets, guess what? I would be happy for those that did and wish then a great time. I would not throw my toys out of the pram and announce that I'm going to sell all my U2 stuff in protest. It's childish and bitter.

Just now, Thor u2 said:

You do not know me and frankly I have no wish to know you so kindly keep your witless observations to yourself in future.

I will if you will!

3 minutes ago, mystacon said:

Sorry but I like to call out people who are being unreasonable.

If I hadn't won tickets, guess what? I would be happy for those that did and wish then a great time. I would not throw my toys out of the pram and announce that I'm going to sell all my U2 stuff in protest. It's childish and bitter.

have a god time on sat - i wish i could be there. -i'm sure everyone's dsappointment will be forgotten once we move forwards with the new album and tour

Edited by delacey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thor u2 said:

You do not know me and frankly I have no wish to know you so kindly keep your witless observations to yourself in future.

Actually, just one more thing I'd like to clear up. If you had won tickets and then heard that another lifelong fan hadn't, I'm assuming you would still be appalled, sell all your U2 stuff and then not go to the gig out of protest, right?

Right?

We need to bring this back to a civilized level and keep in mind that name-calling and personal attacks are grounds for warnings and/or lose of posting privileges. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Crickey, the money that I've put in down the years, Bono should be playing in my living room. Nay, seranading me on my lap! I've invested so much, I could have got in on the ground floor of the Lithuanian retail sector!

But a draw is a draw, and assuming it was fair, I'm happy to take that on the chin. Hopefully there'll be some new faces at the front of house and not the usual crew.  

That said, if anyone in the feted inner circle needs a plus one, a tall, silvering Corkman is happy to oblige! 

Edited by Anam

2 minutes ago, mich40 said:

We need to bring this back to a civilized level and keep in mind that name-calling and personal attacks are grounds for warnings and/or lose of posting privileges. 

Yep, agreed.

Thor u2, I'd like to offer you an olive branch. No beef here, it just brushed me up the wrong way. I wish you well, no hard feelings.

*fist bump*

• Like 1

Folk need to chill. If number of albums/singles/concerts been to was the criteria then 7000 would still not be enough!

Hopefully someone does a mixlr and we can enjoy it too.

Wow. It's going to be crazy here when Ticketmaster starts deciding who is a Verified Fan and who is not. David Guetta will be playing 20 minutes longer than U2 - maybe his fans should get all the tickets!

So gutted I didn’t get tickets, I wonder how many were available in the ‘super fan’ section? I’m in Northampton. For those that were lucky enough to get tickets, have a wonderful time, what a fantastic opportunity and enjoy every second. 

4 minutes ago, chriswba said:

Think of the positives, you haven't got to stand through David guetta for an hour :-) 

Hopefully a bar to help them through that hour!

Sheffield here and no tickets.

Well done to the winners I'm just pissed off I never even got a reply  (have I already mentioned that )😂 I am getting pissed off with U2 though even the fan verification system that is in place wasn't explained properly and the tickets will still get in the hands of Getmein and sites like that.If there is a red zone section will they be available in the presale as most of the time the tickets offered in presale are normally shit seats or standing. Rant over enjoy you jammy sods.😂😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😈

When's the cut off point for people to claim their tickets? Said they  could be re released if there not claimed 

I’m gutted I didn’t win a ticket (Bournemouth)but I’m gonna turn up anyway I’m sure we will be able to hear them from nearby 😜

well done to all those who won, very jealous 😛 but ENJOY fellow fans 👍

3 minutes ago, DA FLY said:

I believe the end of the redemption period is midday tomorrow GMT.

I'll be constantly checking my emails tomorrow afternoon then :-) 

9 minutes ago, chriswba said:

I'll be constantly checking my emails tomorrow afternoon then :-) 

Me too!! :-)