andy scotson

U2 MTV Presents

11 hours ago, GoonerMatt said:

Lucky to get a pair of Superfan tickets via a TM email. Really chuffed. I live in London so maybe had a better chance. I think you get early entry as I have to go to MTV in Camden first to pick up a wristband. Also need to be at Trafalgar Square by 3pm. Pleased I don’t have to queue up to get a decent spot, something I’ve had to do for the majority of the 50 or so times I’ve seen them. 

Nice to see a superfan get win the superfan competition, I'm on 31 shows, so got some catching up to do ;). I'll be queuing as normal,, spare a thought :lol:

11 hours ago, jonno77 said:

Would they do a soundcheck cos be shown to a big TV audience so want to sound spot on? If so and early entry you might get to see that?

After seeing the blackout video of the recording in Amsterdam I would love to experience that live.

I would be guessing a couple of the classics that get the crowd buzzing like new year's Day, pride then 2 or 3 off JT, maybe the opening 3 tracks,  then a couple of new songs like blackout and your the best thing and finish with one.

Whatever they play it'll be amazing to be in there with not too many people and no daft queuing for good positions.

Maybe they'll do a quick sound check, might be in the morning though. I guess they'll play YTBT, GOOYOW and hopefully Blackout as well which would be great to hear and a few hits along with them. I'm up for any songs TBH more newer ones the better, but really wouldn't mind EBTTRT, that song has turned into a real live hit for me.

I applied from the link posted on u2.com /front  page, got no email.
Nothing  at all,nothing  even to say i had not won...i am beginning to think the worst now ..... ,not looking good.

I work in Whitehall right by Trafalgar Square and will post here if I hear anything about a soundcheck.:)

55 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I work in Whitehall right by Trafalgar Square and will post here if I hear anything about a soundcheck.:)

Carlos - I see you're from Horsham. Me too. Given your proximity to Trafalgar Sq any thoughts on what could be seen / heard if you don't have a ticket. I'm considering getting the train into London Saturday just to be there!

Only info I got so far is this: "Type: General Admission Standing Ticket
Details: NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN, NO RE-ADMISSION TO THE EVENT, GENERAL ADMISSION, GEN, PRICE LEVEL 1, Unreserved Standing
Ticket Price: £0.00 x 2 = £0.00 The event organisers are still working with us on a few final details before we can make your tickets available to print. "

Luckily I booked a flight to arrive tomorrow so I don't need to stress about what time to pick up a wristband or to go gueuing on Saturday. 

Has anyone been able to print their ticket PDFs yet? I got Ticketmaster confirmation yesterday but when I click through to print I still get the message that the tickets "aren't quite ready" or something.

29 minutes ago, easalas said:

Has anyone been able to print their ticket PDFs yet? I got Ticketmaster confirmation yesterday but when I click through to print I still get the message that the tickets "aren't quite ready" or something.

Same situation. I'm waiting on the actual ticket before booking train and accommodation - Ticketmaster has screwed me over in the past with errors. This is just another example of experimental ticketing schemes not fully worked out before being implemented. I'd like to leave tomorrow but unless I want to search for an internet cafe with printing capabilities I'm stuck here until the tickets are released.

Same here. Still waiting to be able to print the tickets. I tweeted Tickermaster who confirmed we still had to wait. Apparently an email will be sent out when they’re ready. All a bit of a pain as I need to print out whilst in the office as I don’t have a printer at home. They advised to go to my local library. I don’t have one. The government cuts have meant they’ve all been closed... 

Edited by GoonerMatt

Shame to let them go to waste if no printer. I'll do you a favour and take them off your hands ;).

Got an email yesterday saying sorry, BUT got an email 3 mins ago offering tickets with a code and link - and went through fine (also says "Your tickets aren't quite ready to print yet...")

Sorry but am a London postcode

Keep checking!

Cheers

I've just got an e-mail too for Fan tickets, first come first served with a code. Well chuffed. Check your mail! Tickets not ready to print here yet either, but I'm sure they will be soon..

3 hours ago, scooby555 said:

Carlos - I see you're from Horsham. Me too. Given your proximity to Trafalgar Sq any thoughts on what could be seen / heard if you don't have a ticket. I'm considering getting the train into London Saturday just to be there!

Hi - Not sure on both counts but will have a look tomorrow and post here tomorrow evening.  Pretty sure you should be able to hear from Whitehall all depends on how loud the pa is and worth noting that security is always tight around Whitehall and expect it to be even tighter on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Hi - Not sure on both counts but will have a look tomorrow and post here tomorrow evening.  Pretty sure you should be able to hear from Whitehall all depends on how loud the pa is and worth noting that security is always tight around Whitehall and expect it to be even tighter on Saturday.

Thanks Carlos. Re security I I won't be doing anything illegal :), but may have a pint or two in The Admiralty and see if anything arises!

Here's the layout according to Ticketmaster if that's any help. Red area is GA (blue is the fountains). 7000 seems a bit of a squeeze to me!

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 17.14.21.png

I got superfan code on re-ballot but looks like now sold out. Guess they issued more codes than tickets to ensure place will be full.  Not too bothered as already got plans on Saturday.

Hi All. I got SuperFan tix which is great. The tix can now be printed & say Gates are at 5pm. Previously as others have noted you had to go & get a wristband & be a Traf Sq by 3pm. That isn’t on the ticket / info anywhere so far as I can see. Does anyone know if that still is the case or can I rock up at 5pm & gain a decent spot? Thanks v much (ps I’m London postcode). Cheers. Paul 

21 hours ago, utwothefly said:

That will be fantastic!, I got general admission tickets but I'm well happy just that. Hardly anyone got any of the GA let alone the superfan, think you're the only one I know that has! 

Pete! Guess what? Me and heather got engaged!

Th original wording was that the superfan winners had front section tickets. Sure I read that. You had to collect your wristband at 2 and be at the venue for 3. Looking at that layout there doesn't look like there's a front section anymore. Maybe theve scrapped it and everyone's just in together 

could be that they are still finalising exact logistics as staging is set up, i did hear a few more tickets were released earlier today to those who applied early - though not sure if that has ended now...