andy scotson

U2 MTV Presents

22 minutes ago, richd66 said:

Just spoken to MTV. They are going to e-mail people shortly, but for those with superfan tickets, here's what I was told:

You need to go to MTV Camden between 12 and 2pm with ID to get wristbands (both of you together if there are two people). You then queue at Trafalgar Square from 3pm for priority access. They will let you in before GA (i.e. some time before 5pm) so you'll be able to get to the front.

If you're unable to get to Camden to collect wristbands you can still go straight to Trafalgar Square and use your tickets to gain entry but you won't have priority, so will enter with GA.

Brilliant, thanks. So looks like wristbands just get "Superfans" early entry then, no special access to some restricted front stage section?

Yes, as I understand it there's no separate section, just early entry for those with 'Superfan' wristbands

4 hours ago, detonator said:

Well having seen U2 at The Astoria, having won tix in a ballot in a second draw, I guess Lady Luck (with the spinning head) has deserted me this time.

Its good to see some fans here have got in. 

Enjoy it for me and the countless other U2 fans here in London who will be on the outside....somewhere! 

The Porterhouse is near enough; another fine Dublin export! 

I was at the Astoria too.  One of my U2 highlights without a doubt.  I remember well getting an email on Saturday morning and hastily arranging time off work, flight, hotel.  A 2 hour drive to Dublin for a midday flight on Tuesday.  A few pints before the show. The show.  A couple of hours sleep ( I needn't have bothered with the hotel) before a 6.30 am flight back to Dublin, 2 hour drive home and in work for 11 am.  Would be great to be doing something similar tomorrow, so all I will say is everyone who is there, ENJOY!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Carlos said:

Hi - Not sure on both counts but will have a look tomorrow and post here tomorrow evening.  Pretty sure you should be able to hear from Whitehall all depends on how loud the pa is and worth noting that security is always tight around Whitehall and expect it to be even tighter on Saturday.

Just walked past TS, concert area still boarded up.  If there is a sound check tomorrow you should be able to hear this outside the concert area pretty easily.:)

It's a long shot, but I missed out on the ballot despite being an experience member of u2.com.  If anyone has a spare wristband tomorrow please do let me know by PM.  I can meet at either Camden or Trafalgar Square as I am London based.  Regardless, I do hope everyone who is going has a great time.  The set looks like it'll be over an hour, so it should be fantastic.

Still looking for a ticket if anyone has a spare. Promise to be good company and buy you drinks :)

If anyone has a spare ticket and hasn't already been nice enough to offer it to another one of the lovely U2 family; I will happily meet, entertain, warmly encourage & generally throw our love out into the Universe together :) PM me if you would like to or alternatively; have a lovely day people; you deserve it :Zoo_Cosmo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Boy In The Well said:

If anyone has a spare ticket and hasn't already been nice enough to offer it to another one of the lovely U2 family; I will happily meet, entertain, warmly encourage & generally throw our love out into the Universe together :) PM me if you would like to or alternatively; have a lovely day people; you deserve it :Zoo_Cosmo:

What he/she said :-) 

infact I'll go one further if anyone wants to ditch their wife's/husbands/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/mother/father for an overweight bald man from West Bromwich then pm me :-) 

Edited by chriswba
  • Like 1

on eBay  £800 for tickets..Sick of touts and seams to me not many people care. report it and no reply from U2 mods what the point in reporting things 

all super fans won them ???? on sale on gumtree from £100 to £200 each..

Edited by stateless_uk

7 minutes ago, stateless_uk said:

on eBay  £800 for tickets..Sick of touts and seams to me not many people care. report it and no reply from U2 mods what the point in reporting things 

Just imagine spending £800 on a ticket and they won't let you in on the door because the name is different on the tickets :-) 

37 minutes ago, stateless_uk said:

We don't have any power at all over external sites, like eBay... the most we can do is pass the information...

Also, please don't assume that things will be done the mere second something is reported - it would be great if it happens, but I'm afraid it's a very unrealistic expectation - unfortunately, many things take time to happen...

any response would of been better than nothing. I know the crack for how many people help with tickets from my group it really does do your but in with how people rip fans off 

I'm great company if anyone has a spare ticket for tomorrow and I will shout you dinner and all you can drink. Plus I have some amazing memorabilia and happy to gift something in return. PM me.....haha long shot or what. Enjoy if you are lucky enough to be there. Be safe and look after each other ✊

2 hours ago, stateless_uk said:

all super fans won them ???? on sale on gumtree from £100 to £200 each..

It's very disappoiniting to see the 'super fan' tickets on sale like this.

Wasn't lucky enough to win tixs unfortunately , but as I'm at a theatre  in the area this after noon for a matinee  performance think I will probably hang around and at least listen to it from the outside. Somewhere . Better than nothing I suppose. Those lucky enough to have tixs have a fabulous evening , very envious. 

Be aware security is very tight in the square 

Beenthere 2 hours ago and they even asked me to cross away from the traffic lights 

And yes, I got a +1 :D

• Like 1

Periscope has ended but you can watch the replay. 

• Like 1

Do some of the fan sites such as u2valencia, u2tours.de get allocated tickets for these events as they always seem to get in??