Sign in to follow this  
andy scotson

U2 MTV Presents

Congratulations to the winners.  Have any of you won in the 'super fan'  ballot?

Is there any info on how many 'super fan' winners there were?

51 minutes ago, dermo said:

Congratulations to the winners.  Have any of you won in the 'super fan'  ballot?

I've heard from a few who got the 'superfan' tickets. They are pleasantly surprised.  

Not for ranting but I must say that I noticed something strange in the "superfan/u2.com" ballot

After clicking on the link in the email we received and filled out the form, I got a thank you message from Tm while I was expecting something from u2.com 

Plus if you copied and pasted the url of the text in the mail you simply got the one of the general ballot 

As you  can see from the first post of this thread. He refers to the mail but he posted the other one (not his fault.) 

I guess we just joined the general ballot, nothing special which lowered our chances. 

Maybe I'm totally wrong but...Just saying... 

Anyway  like  someone said, have a good time winners, hoping to see new faces up front 

1 hour ago, dermo said:

Won 2 super fan tickets today. Not sure how many there are or what it actually means. Have a London postcode as well but not sure if that makes any difference. When I got the email I thought being a dedicated fan actually pays off finally but judging by the posts it seems I was just pretty lucky. Sorry to those who lost out - look forward to next year's tour. The new songs sound great. ☘️☘️☘️

• Like 1

Sorry, did I read this correctly, David Guetta is playing above U2 on the bill and has a longer set? 

I don't even know how to respond to that. 

Still, hope everyone going has a good time!

2 hours ago, colincooper said:

Well done to the winners I'm just pissed off I never even got a reply  (have I already mentioned that )? I am getting pissed off with U2 though even the fan verification system that is in place wasn't explained properly and the tickets will still get in the hands of Getmein and sites like that.If there is a red zone section will they be available in the presale as most of the time the tickets offered in presale are normally shit seats or standing. Rant over enjoy you jammy sods.??????????

Well it's a NO for me - here's hoping U2.com will provide us all with some downloads afterwards :D

Rumour has it that London postcodes had the inside line. That's fair enough. I feel sorry for all of you successful applicants missing the Ireland matches! 

• Like 1

No luck here, and I have a London post code. Wasn't expecting to win, with under 7000 tickets up for grabs, so congratulations to those who did. I'm in town on Saturday evening so will probably head down there to check it out anyway.

No luck here, and I have a London post code. Wasn't expecting to win, with under 7000 tickets up for grabs, so congratulations to those who did. I'm in town on Saturday evening so will probably head down there to check it out anyway.

If any of the fortunate winners don’t have anyone for their +1  please, please message me.  I could be good company for you or alternatively just go in separately.

Here’s hoping 

38 minutes ago, chriswba said:

70% London 30% the rest of the uk :-( 

So it looks like no one from outside the UK?

2 hours ago, monica martino said:

Is there any winner not from UK? 

Yes me! I'm coming from Amsterdam to London this Saturday. I'm sooo excited. I saw them on the EMA's in 1997 in Rotterdam too. Can't believe my luck! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeTighe said:

I got super fan tickets! Amaze! In shock, to be honest 

That will be fantastic!, I got general admission tickets but I'm well happy just that. Hardly anyone got any of the GA let alone the superfan, think you're the only one I know that has! 

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

I just had an email and subject read 'do not reply from Ticketmaster'. My heart was in mouth thinking maybe got a ticket after people didn't redeem theirs.

The little teases, nowt to do with the ballots ?.

Going to console myself and buy some tickets to next year's fake festivals and see a U2 tribute.

Lucky to get a pair of Superfan tickets via a TM email. Really chuffed. I live in London so maybe had a better chance. I think you get early entry as I have to go to MTV in Camden first to pick up a wristband. Also need to be at Trafalgar Square by 3pm. Pleased I don’t have to queue up to get a decent spot, something I’ve had to do for the majority of the 50 or so times I’ve seen them. 

• Like 1

Would they do a soundcheck cos be shown to a big TV audience so want to sound spot on? If so and early entry you might get to see that?

After seeing the blackout video of the recording in Amsterdam I would love to experience that live.

I would be guessing a couple of the classics that get the crowd buzzing like new year's Day, pride then 2 or 3 off JT, maybe the opening 3 tracks,  then a couple of new songs like blackout and your the best thing and finish with one.

Whatever they play it'll be amazing to be in there with not too many people and no daft queuing for good positions.

Is anyone still looking for a +1? I would gladly volunteer to join you ;)

Edited by jenny1980