Sign in to follow this  
sm2112

Member 2 tickets whole tour?

Having a membership allows you to buy 2 tickets for the whole tour or 2 per show? I assume like always it's for the tour but originally when I read it, it wasn't clear. Although I have rejoined that's kinda BS since EVERYONE knows people join for the presale access and I even paid for an extra membership last tour to get GA's.. Total SCAM IMO but not like there are a lot of choices. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sm2112 said:

Having a membership allows you to buy 2 tickets for the whole tour or 2 per show? I assume like always it's for the tour but originally when I read it, it wasn't clear. Although I have rejoined that's kinda BS since EVERYONE knows people join for the presale access and I even paid for an extra membership last tour to get GA's.. Total SCAM IMO but not like there are a lot of choices. 

2 per tour per subscription. 

• Sad 1

Such BS..  Make us renew for 2 tickets.. I mean at least make it up to 2 per show and multiple (a few) shows since they know their fans go to more then 1

• Brilliant 1

Does anyone know about this? This has to be a disclaimer, right? I mean how many subscribers would likely drop their subscriptions if they were denied a pre-sale code? Surely this would cause a shit storm for the band. Probably the main reason most of us drop $50 a year to members, no?

image.thumb.png.010af0050c8f015d5a19ef64ceeb3fec.png

• Sad 1

I thought we got 4 tix per membership for JT30, right?  So we're down to 2 per membership this time?  That's disappointing.  My husband and I typically try to go to two shows, and we wanted to take some friends to at least one of the shows.  We have two memberships, but that would only be 4 tix total.  

Stadium shows are typically 4 tickets and arenas are 2 tickets. 

These have been the limits since the 360 Tour. And as always, presale codes never guarantee tickets. 

On 11/10/2017 at 3:22 PM, theEDGEofTN said:

So basically I wasted $$$ to get a presale code?

There is a lot of cool stuff on this website.  You have access to all of their music.  You have access to all of their videos.  You have access to the forums in Zootopia.  I'm not trying to be rude but if the only reason you signed up was to get into the presale...that is the chance you take.  Many of us have been paid members for thirty years now.  If you are in the second group you will still get seats.  I've never seen it happen that someone does not get seats.  They may not be the seats you want but that's the chance a person takes.

Check out this website.  There is a lot of very cool stuff on it for any U2 fan.  You also get a gift.  In my opinion, those who sign up at the last minute should be the last ones to get a crack at seats in the presale. Those of us what have been paid members since Prop in the 1980s should get first crack at tickets, period, but we do not.  We've been fans who paid for memberships for decades and are grouped with those who joined in December of 2016.  It is what it is, however; it is extremely irritating to see people complain who only joined recently so they could get in on the presale and then they complain about how it works.  I'm not saying this is you, rather; anyone who joins at the last minute.  They seem to bitch the loudest.  Many of them then let their membership lapse during years there is no tour and bitch four years later when they decide to pay because there is a new tour and they are not in that presale.  Many of us have paid year after year after year.  It is as it is. You may not get GAs but you will get seats.  I would not fret about it.  You did not waste your money.  You took a chance.  There is much more on U2.com than presale codes.  If you only joined to get in on the presale...You'll find little sympathy or empathy on this site.  It is the chance you take.

Edited by Manohlive

On 11/10/2017 at 8:34 PM, mich40 said:

These have been the limits since the 360 Tour. And as always, presale codes never guarantee tickets. 

yes, but that's not the issue.  The FAQs now seem to say that u2.com members are not even guaranteed a presale code!

To all the Worry Warts out there, pls read words used in the posts regarding what U2.com Team members say/write, perfect example above:

- Registration does not guarantee a pre-sale code.

There is a difference between "registration" & "subscription". You can register as a U2.com member without being a "Subscriber" to U2.com. I first registered as a U2.com member my first couple of years a few years ago, registering just allows you to have a member name, Forum posting priveliges & certain website areas access.

Subscribing (at 50$/year, 40$/year renewal) gives you full access to the full site/downloads etc etc + a pre-sale code when the band goes on tour.

Being a Member does not include/mean being a Subscriber.

Pls stop panicking fellow Subscribers, all will be well.

Cheers

Edited by passenger789
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, Manohlive said:

There is a lot of cool stuff on this website.  You have access to all of their music.  You have access to all of their videos.  You have access to the forums in Zootopia.  I'm not trying to be rude but if the only reason you signed up was to get into the presale...that is the chance you take.  Many of us have been paid members for thirty years now.  If you are in the second group you will still get seats.  I've never seen it happen that someone does not get seats.  They may not be the seats you want but that's the chance a person takes.

Check out this website.  There is a lot of very cool stuff on it for any U2 fan.  You also get a gift.  In my opinion, those who sign up at the last minute should be the last ones to get a crack at seats in the presale. Those of us what have been paid members since Prop in the 1980s should get first crack at tickets, period, but we do not.  We've been fans who paid for memberships for decades and are grouped with those who joined in December of 2016.  It is what it is, however; it is extremely irritating to see people complain who only joined recently so they could get in on the presale and then they complain about how it works.  I'm not saying this is you, rather; anyone who joins at the last minute.  They seem to bitch the loudest.  Many of them then let their membership lapse during years there is no tour and bitch four years later when they decide to pay because there is a new tour and they are not in that presale.  Many of us have paid year after year after year.  It is as it is. You may not get GAs but you will get seats.  I would not fret about it.  You did not waste your money.  You took a chance.  There is much more on U2.com than presale codes.  If you only joined to get in on the presale...You'll find little sympathy or empathy on this site.  It is the chance you take.

Could not have said it better or more politely Manohlive!! :)

Edited by passenger789

On 11/11/2017 at 4:35 PM, Manohlive said:

Absolutely agree. Well said!

14 hours ago, mike7man said:

yes, but that's not the issue.  The FAQs now seem to say that u2.com members are not even guaranteed a presale code!

my feeling is that this is just TM covering their asses with a disclaimer. 

i think they realize the madness and chaos it would cause if paid subscribers did not receive codes...

Just so I’m clear - if we use our 2 ticket limit code for a US show, we won’t have a presale code for European leg whenever those shows are announced and sold?

sort of makes me feel the fans who used code for JT are being penalized. If had not gone to JT, could use that code for US tour, then renew for new code which could be used for new shows, including European shows??

37 minutes ago, TChubb said:

Just so I’m clear - if we use our 2 ticket limit code for a US show, we won’t have a presale code for European leg whenever those shows are announced and sold?

sort of makes me feel the fans who used code for JT are being penalized. If had not gone to JT, could use that code for US tour, then renew for new code which could be used for new shows, including European shows??

I don't think it would have worked that way.  Most likely its one code per tour, regardless of when you renew.

If you didn't use all of your allowable tickets for JT, do they roll over to EI?

I got 3 tickets for JT in Miami, but we were allowed 4 total.  Would I be able to buy 3 tickets tomorrow during the presale, or would I have to stick with 2?  We were going to take our son to the EI show, so that's really going to screw things up if we can only buy 2.

14 minutes ago, jgreen said:

If you didn't use all of your allowable tickets for JT, do they roll over to EI?

I got 3 tickets for JT in Miami, but we were allowed 4 total.  Would I be able to buy 3 tickets tomorrow during the presale, or would I have to stick with 2?  We were going to take our son to the EI show, so that's really going to screw things up if we can only buy 2.

No, tickets don't roll over.  Your limit is 2.  Sorry, I feel your pain.  I have 4 kids that saw the JT show over the summer and want to go again.  

I just ran across this on the Ticketmaster site for the Nashville show...I wonder if the limits are different for each venue?  The innocence & experience groups should fall into the "verified fan presales," I would think?  Any thoughts?

Date Sat 5/26/18 @ 8 pm

Venue Bridgestone Arena Nashville, TN

Ticket limits

There is a 2 ticket limit for the Fan Club Presales. There is a 4 ticket limit for the Citi Presales. There is a 4 ticket limit for the Verified Fan Onsales. There is an eight ticket limit for the public onsale.

Re jgreen--you're correct.  The Verified Fan Onsales are different from the presales (including u2.com presales).  The former is purely a TM thing (and is relevant for trying to get tix the first day of the regular onsale); the latter is through u2.com (and the separate citibank presale).

Re gpmalecki:

4 hours ago, gpmalecki said:

my feeling is that this is just TM covering their asses with a disclaimer. 

i think they realize the madness and chaos it would cause if paid subscribers did not receive codes...

I hope you're right!

Edited by mike7man

13 hours ago, tomschaedler said:

I used my code for the JT Tour and still got a new code for the new tour.  It seems very fair to me.  Besides, seats always become available as the gigs approach.  I've never not seen GA tix released the day of the show for Chicago and many other cities.  If you can't get what you want in the presale do not lose hope.  Keep trying.  I've gotten right up front three hours or so before a show.  Everyone freaks out during the presales.  This is a normal thing.  It's my experience that things work out for just about everyone.  I pay pretty close attention even though I'm not a moderator.  They always dump tickets periodically and then right before the show so keep looking.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:04 PM, passenger789 said:

Could not have said it better or more politely Manohlive!! :)

Thank you.

15 hours ago, svoot said:

Absolutely agree. Well said!

Thank U2.  honk honk   I am of the few who like corny jokes.