Sign in to follow this  
Skaggs01

Extra ATL Dates

I know this is a Memorial Day - Monday show but based on the size of the venue (this has to be one of the smallest on this leg of the tour)

, they would have to add at least a second night.

I'm hoping so. I really don't understand why they're playing this venue out in the suburbs and not Philips Arena.

4 hours ago, grubes1322 said:

Isn’t the sound at Philips Arena notoriously bad?

Probably depends on where you are. I saw the Elevation tour there twice and Vertigo tour twice. First Elevation one, we had seats in the mid section on the side, and we were in a dead sound spot. Couldn’t hear Bono at all, but could walk down 5 rows and hear perfectly, so they let us move. The other 3 times were fine. 

I’m glad they took care of you. I’ve seen U2 in the Georgia Dome twice, but never in the Philips Arena. 

I have seen Springsteen there several times, the sound left a little to be desired, but his sound is never as good as U2’s anyway.

I am seeing The Killers out in Duluth in January; it will be my first show there.

The sound in Phillips is good. The Dome, not so much... but Infinite Energy will be great. I just hope there are additional shows, too... And that some true fan will end up with an extra GA down the road, as my presale next week remains uncertain... this is a very bad time of year for me to be buying tickets... 

BTW - Does anyone know exactly how this verified fan works? If we use our subscription pre-sale code, can we still get one for general on sale? If we don't use our subscriber pre-sale code next week, if they do a ticket drop down the road, will we have first opportunity at these?

I know nothing about the arenas in Atlanta. I do like that it's out in the suburbs. Hotels are cheap! lol

Hoping to go both to this & to the Nashville show. Since I didn't feel like rejoining the FC before my membership was up, I'm just chancing on the option that I'll receive a verification code.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:10 PM, toyoracer said:

I know nothing about the arenas in Atlanta. I do like that it's out in the suburbs. Hotels are cheap! lol

For those of us who live in the area, it'll be a traffic nightmare. No public transportation to speak of. I loved that MARTA practically goes to Philips Arena's doorstep. :/

On 11/6/2017 at 12:55 PM, Skaggs01 said:

I know this is a Memorial Day - Monday show but based on the size of the venue (this has to be one of the smallest on this leg of the tour)

, they would have to add at least a second night.

Based on the seating availability right now (still Citi presale), all non-$329 sections are apparently sold out (one other section does show up for single ticket, but not for pair).  That's assuming no additional tickets are released for the public sale, though.  13 of the 14 $329 sections do still have seats.  Can't really tell how many with the AXS ticketing system, but with seats around 15 rows from the floor sitting there unsold, probably still a fair amount left.  But surely many more customers yet to participate too.  I would have thought the Citi presale group might have been enough to sell this smaller venue out, but maybe that was limited too (lottery)?

Of course, this would all seem to indicate some fan unwillingness to pay that much...especially when it's more like $375 per ticket (with the escalating charges per ticket group).  It sounds like other bigger venues were much worse off, though, paying that much for upper level in some cases, so think Atlanta got lucky (aside from traffic problems!).