kneener

Considering GA for first time - would love some input (:

I have been to several U2 concerts but never in general admission.  I have a couple questions I would love help with...

Price - usually what is price for GA - my venue lists prices from like $40 to $325 - any idea where GA would fall in there?

Availability - Does GA usually sell out?  Wondering if there is any benefit to doing presale if I am getting GA.

I think the stage set up lends itself to a great GA experience without having to get there hours and hours early to wait in line.

Thanks for any help and advice!!

1 hour ago, kneener said:

I have been to several U2 concerts but never in general admission.  I have a couple questions I would love help with...

Price - usually what is price for GA - my venue lists prices from like $40 to $325 - any idea where GA would fall in there?

Availability - Does GA usually sell out?  Wondering if there is any benefit to doing presale if I am getting GA.

I think the stage set up lends itself to a great GA experience without having to get there hours and hours early to wait in line.

I believe GA tickets are about $90. GA is the first to go most of the times. It's hard to say if doing the presale or not would increase your chances - I'd like to believe so. I agree about this tour - there is a lot of space around the stage/catwalk that increases the front row view :) chances without camping all day!

• Thanks 1

GA is typically under $100

I've purchased GA both during pre-sales and after the public on-sale with no problem.

It depends what you want out of the GA experience.  If you want to be close or on the "rail" you will need to be in line all day.  If you're okay hanging back but still having a good view then show up when the gates open.  

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

GA's for arena shows go quick. The $40 tickets are upper corner nosebleeds. Years ago, the GA's were the cheapest. Now they run $80-$100. GA is definitely worth it. With this stage layout, you can do well without lining up all day, because they move between stages. Just work your way closer to the stage they have just left and you will get pretty close. You can have the RED zone experience with more crowding and no bar on the floor.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:16 AM, kneener said:

In my opinion, GA is the only way to go. They are affordable at $80 and the best way to experience U2... especially with this stage setup. Unless you want to spend $325 get the same show, with the privilege of sitting.  :) And with an arena size venue, if you're on the floor, you're not far from stage wherever you are!

And yes, for GA I would highly recommend the pre-sale. Most of us real fans want the GA experience!

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

Take a look at Joe's Guide, it might help you decide, it was a huge help for us and he updates it for each tour:

http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/

We did GA the first time on the 360 tour and we loved it, we cant think of seeing U2 any other way now! 

If you've never done it, go for it!! 

I always buy GA tix during the presale, personally I wouldn't take my chances with the public sale.  GA tix sell out quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much to everyone for all the input!!   I think I'm gonna go for it. I think it will be way different than the reserved seating route and I'm looking forward to experiencing it.  (Experiencing... Lol)

I started trying to buy two GA tickets today about 15 minutes after the Innocence Presale started. I've been trying all day but haven't had any luck. The site says there are no GA tickets available. Some people say to keep trying because they hold back some GA tickets for each wave of the presales and the public sale. I am hoping to get some! Tomorrow the Citi Presale starts at 9:00am. I will start trying again in the morning before that. Good luck!

• Brilliant 1

i'm in the same position as you!!....and thinking to keep trying (i have been trying for GA tickets for about 17 hours :blink:,very stressing)....hopefully tomorrow we have luck!!

On 11/10/2017 at 4:43 AM, gpmalecki said:

6 hours ago, RebekahMathis said:

I started trying to buy two GA tickets today about 15 minutes after the Innocence Presale started. I've been trying all day but haven't had any luck. The site says there are no GA tickets available. Some people say to keep trying because they hold back some GA tickets for each wave of the presales and the public sale. I am hoping to get some! Tomorrow the Citi Presale starts at 9:00am. I will start trying again in the morning before that. Good luck!

i'm in the same position as you!!....and thinking to keep trying (i have been trying for GA tickets for about 17 hours :blink:,very stressing)....hopefully tomorrow we have luck!!

Many people online are saying it will happen if we keep trying. Also, others say they were able to get tickets three days before Joshua Tree shows. I have a feeling it will work out. 

2 hours ago, RebekahMathis said:

Many people online are saying it will happen if we keep trying. Also, others say they were able to get tickets three days before Joshua Tree shows. I have a feeling it will work out. 

Keep the faith. It always works out. I've always ended up with a ticket. And over the years I've just shown up in cities day of show and found either box office ticket drops or a fan that had an extra to sell at face value...  

GA or red zone is the only way I can see them. Having done it this ways most times, I feel sad when I'm in a seat and see a sea of people on the floor between me and u2! Makes me feel too far from all the action. With GA you can see it all up close - like a show just for you! Good luck!

11 hours ago, RebekahMathis said:

Also keep track on the boards for your city. There's usually someone between ticket sale and showtime that can no longer go and wants a fan to buy their tickets! Try and be online a few minutes before the sale starts and be ready just as they go on sale. I've usually been able to get GA for multiple venues on the same tour doing that. But maybe it's luck too? So good luck!

On 11/16/2017 at 6:57 PM, amenaqt said:

Also keep track on the boards for your city. There's usually someone between ticket sale and showtime that can no longer go and wants a fan to buy their tickets! Try and be online a few minutes before the sale starts and be ready just as they go on sale. I've usually been able to get GA for multiple venues on the same tour doing that. But maybe it's luck too? So good luck!

Exactly. In the 30+ years I've been seeing them, I've never been shut out and NEVER paid a scalper. Keep watching here, and at worst case scenario, go to your venue early day of show. You'll almost definitely find a fan with an extra ticket that just wants to recoup their cost!