Cazza

What is criteria for 'Experience' Group?

I understand that people who are in the "Experience" category get first access to presales.  Just to be clear site mods, what is the criteria for being in the "experience group"? Thanks v much.

Edited by Cazza

21 minutes ago, Cazza said:

I understand that people who are in the "Experience" category get first access to presales.  Just to be clear site mods, what is the criteria for being in the "experience group"? Thanks v much.

From the FAQ:

How do I know what priority Presale group I’m in?
There are two Subscriber Presale groups participating in these Presales. Please refer to your U2.com Subscriber profile for more details on your designated Presale group and time.

The eXPERIENCE Group of longtime Subscribers are members who were current, paid Subscribers on December 24, 2016 and have maintained their paid status without lapsing. These Subscribers will have access on the first day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18A followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

The iNNOCENCE Group are Subscribers who joined or upgraded an expired account after December 25, 2016. These Subscribers will have access on the second day of the Verified Subscriber Presale and will use a Presale access code to unlock ticket inventory. The codes will use the prefix: U18B followed by a unique (x) digit access code.

5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

From the FAQ:

Thanks alot Max. Much appreciated. How do you get your presale access changed if you meet the criteria for the Experience Group? Thanks

2 hours ago, vertigojds said:

I miss the days when there was a separate group for Propaganda subscribers.

Absolutely. A real shame the long term propaganda fans are not given some recognition. I guess these days it may be hard to prove you were a propaganda subscriber.  Perhaps that is why.

• Like 1

There were 3 priority levels for 360.  No reason they couldn't have kept the same - tier 1 for longest term subscribers [whatever the 1st group was called for that tour], tier 2 dating back to the previous tour's renewals, tier 3 for newest sign-ons.  Tier 2 would gain people each tour if they kept up with subscriptions and Tier 1 would continue to be rewarded.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:41 PM, Cazza said:

Absolutely. A real shame the long term propaganda fans are not given some recognition. I guess these days it may be hard to prove you were a propaganda subscriber.  Perhaps that is why.

They actually had it this way when they switched to online presales.  When U2.com went live for the Vertigo tour presales in 2004, people who had been Propaganda members (which wasn't actually a yearly subscription, but a fee for four issues - which could come at random, it wasn't just four a year, so that membership could actually last a few years) received a special code to use when registering for U2.com.  This carried over your Propaganda history, and the presale order went Propaganda subscribers first, then new U2.com subscribers second.

In my opinion, they should have kept that grouping going forward.  Now, I'm treated exactly the same as everyone else who happened to sign up one day before the ticket sale announcement.  So my 20+ years of being registered with the fanclub means exactly as much as someone who just signed up a few weeks ago cause they heard a rumor there would be a tour.  Like scalpers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vertigojds said:

They actually had it this way when they switched to online presales.  When U2.com went live for the Vertigo tour presales in 2004, people who had been Propaganda members (which wasn't actually a yearly subscription, but a fee for four issues - which could come at random, it wasn't just four a year, so that membership could actually last a few years) received a special code to use when registering for U2.com.  This carried over your Propaganda history, and the presale order went Propaganda subscribers first, then new U2.com subscribers second.

In my opinion, they should have kept that grouping going forward.  Now, I'm treated exactly the same as everyone else who happened to sign up one day before the ticket sale announcement.  So my 20+ years of being registered with the fanclub means exactly as much as someone who just signed up a few weeks ago cause they heard a rumor there would be a tour.  Like scalpers.

My first reaction is: pretentious and somewhat obnoxious. Why should the same people, just because they are part of some elusive ‘club’ always have the same front row and have been to numerous gigs while other cognoscenti (also for years), but no member of what ever society, every time get the door slammed in their face and not be able to get any tickets. Live and live I would say and grant other the same fun with no restrictions. At the same time apprehending and knowing that this is a chimera, I’ve contemplated about it and ‘if you can’t beat them? I might as well join them. So, here I am, some what closer to the ‘unforgettable’ fire and hoping (it seems it’s going to be tougher ever time) to get a couple of tickets just to see those guys together with my wife  this time. And I even don’t want field ticks, just some seated will do fine. So fingers crossed.... and please don’t be offended.

It is first world problems Michel. I guess just frustrating in my case when I am elligible for something, paid for it and due to an error have not got it.

Other than that, nae complaints. At least there is a presale for fans. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, vertigojds said:

Totes agree. 

On 11/8/2017 at 6:09 PM, vertigojds said:

I miss the days when there was a separate group for Propaganda subscribers.

Amen. I vividly remember for Zoo TV getting a letter in the mail with tour dates listed, you'd mark which show(s) you wanted, send payment and tickets came in the mail.  Ahh....the good ole days! ;)

On 11/8/2017 at 8:41 PM, Cazza said:

Funny thing about that...not only do i have all my propaganda issues, for some reason I kept the mailing envelopes.  Turns out it came in really handy when everything migrated to U2.com and they couldn't find my propaganda subscription. If I remember correctly the envelopes had membership numbers on them...?  

3 hours ago, andrew91271 said:

Funny thing about that...not only do i have all my propaganda issues, for some reason I kept the mailing envelopes.  Turns out it came in really handy when everything migrated to U2.com and they couldn't find my propaganda subscription. If I remember correctly the envelopes had membership numbers on them...?  

If you have the envelopes still, go look yourself :)  but to save you time. Yes they did used to have membership numbers on them,  :D

Edited by kavanbJDE

On 11/12/2017 at 6:35 AM, MichelCollignon said:

My first reaction is: pretentious and somewhat obnoxious. Why should the same people, just because they are part of some elusive ‘club’ always have the same front row and have been to numerous gigs while other cognoscenti (also for years), but no member of what ever society, every time get the door slammed in their face and not be able to get any tickets. Live and live I would say and grant other the same fun with no restrictions. At the same time apprehending and knowing that this is a chimera, I’ve contemplated about it and ‘if you can’t beat them? I might as well join them. So, here I am, some what closer to the ‘unforgettable’ fire and hoping (it seems it’s going to be tougher ever time) to get a couple of tickets just to see those guys together with my wife  this time. And I even don’t want field ticks, just some seated will do fine. So fingers crossed.... and please don’t be offended.

Anyone could have joined Propaganda like I did? Why shouldn't long-time loyal subscribers have first access? So why would anyone have the door slammed in their face when they had the same opportunity? It does seem unfair that people can just join within a couple of months and get the same access as someone who has belonged and not lapsed for over 20 years...I am sick to death of scalpers and StubHub and their ilk. Personally I find it disgusting that something like StubHub is now legitimized. 

1 hour ago, kavanbJDE said:

If you have the envelopes still, go look yourself :)  but to save you time. Yes they did used to have membership numbers on them,  :D

I would..but they're packed away in storage...along with year after years worth of "official" U2 calendars! 😉

On 11/12/2017 at 9:35 AM, MichelCollignon said:

I'm not offended at all, and it's a legitimate question.

I've been thinking about it a little while since I read your post and while I don't have a perfect answer, here's my idea, based on a real-life example.  On the 2015, my mom joined as a paid subscriber just for that year so that she could get a pair of tickets.  She was in the second group because she signed up after the tour had been announced.  She was able to purchase the tickets she had wanted to buy without a problem.  This suggests to me that having secondary groups aren't necessarily bad.  It seemed to be that Ticketmaster had separate inventories for the two groups.  In other words, for example, the first priority group had its allotment of GA tickets, and then the secondary group had its own allotment too.  The groups weren't just a matter of lining people up but also setting aside inventory for each group.  But I'd make the inventory more favorable for the early groups.  I think someone who paid membership fees in off-years should have better choices than someone who signed up yesterday.

So I'd say do the same.  Just have a third group with Propaganda in addition to the other two groups.

Because U2 generally tours once every four years, but the fan club makes you pay an ever-increasing amount each year, fans who don't let their subscriptions lapse on off years should get an extra perk.  I mean, I paid subscriber fees for U2.com in 2004-2018, (fourteen years) but only purchased tickets in (some tickets went onsale in different years than the actual show) in 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2014, and 2017.  So that's probably eight years I paid a $50 membership fee - or $400 extra in total - for something that gave me nothing of value in those years.  You might be in the same boat.  I think having the first group as it now is justified because we're paying a huge tax to be in it.  I guess I'd just make the argument that Propaganda subscribers have paid an additional tax beyond that.  It's not so much a matter of years put in or "I'm a bigger fan than you" but "I've been billed more and want something of value for what I've been asked to pay."

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vertigojds said:

I'm not offended at all, and it's a legitimate question.

I've been thinking about it a little while since I read your post and while I don't have a perfect answer, here's my idea, based on a real-life example.  On the 2015, my mom joined as a paid subscriber just for that year so that she could get a pair of tickets.  She was in the second group because she signed up after the tour had been announced.  She was able to purchase the tickets she had wanted to buy without a problem.  This suggests to me that having secondary groups aren't necessarily bad.  It seemed to be that Ticketmaster had separate inventories for the two groups.  In other words, for example, the first priority group had its allotment of GA tickets, and then the secondary group had its own allotment too.  The groups weren't just a matter of lining people up but also setting aside inventory for each group.  But I'd make the inventory more favorable for the early groups.  I think someone who paid membership fees in off-years should have better choices than someone who signed up yesterday.

So I'd say do the same.  Just have a third group with Propaganda in addition to the other two groups.

Because U2 generally tours once every four years, but the fan club makes you pay an ever-increasing amount each year, fans who don't let their subscriptions lapse on off years should get an extra perk.  I mean, I paid subscriber fees for U2.com in 2004-2018, (fourteen years) but only purchased tickets in (some tickets went onsale in different years than the actual show) in 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2014, and 2017.  So that's probably eight years I paid a $50 membership fee - or $400 extra in total - for something that gave me nothing of value in those years.  You might be in the same boat.  I think having the first group as it now is justified because we're paying a huge tax to be in it.  I guess I'd just make the argument that Propaganda subscribers have paid an additional tax beyond that.  It's not so much a matter of years put in or "I'm a bigger fan than you" but "I've been billed more and want something of value for what I've been asked to pay."

In a dream world a Propaganda Group would be lovely. In the real world, impossible to accomplish. It’s been...what, 18 years since the last one came out? Records of Propaganda members are probably long gone. Proof being that you have a copy/copies of the magazine? Those can be found various places around the web. Then you are right back at the same problem you have with the groups now. 

But U2.com already has this information - on the Vertigo tour, there was a Propaganda ticketing group. (Propaganda members were sent a coupon to convert their membership to a U2.com membership.)

U2.com would merely need to access this information that they already are in possession of. 

Has anyone else received the email from U2.com telling us that as eXPERIENCE Group members, we were mistakenly told we would have access?
I used my code for Joshua Tree tickets, and U2.com said if we renewed early then we'd have access to presale again. Then last night they just took it away from us.

WTF?

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. 

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. 

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team 

#U2eiTour