zerokul175

Red Zone vs GA

Hello U2 Friends,

I was wondering what the big difference between Red zone and GA is besides the price, I've done GA a couple of times but for the next Forum show it will be 2 days b4 my 43th birthday so I am thinking of gifting myself a Red zone ticket. Pro's and con's anyone???

Thanks

Pros, your up front with not much wait time. Its a good spot. I enjoyed myself. Proceeds go to RED. Note, you can move into the GA if you want. 

cons, GAers have figured this out & are now turning it into an all day wait starting at roughly 9am (starting with the JT 2017 tour). I still come at about 4pm and end up with a decent spot. Location is off to the side, to the far right & left of the band. GA has the better view. For the i&e tour there were entire songs where you couldn’t see the band or what was going on while they’re on the B stage.

This is where having the flexibility to move into GA comes in handy... If you’re on the rail, don’t move. Otherwise walk around to view the show.

Its a nice spot. If you’re wanting an easyish GA experience, it’s worth doing & proceeds go to RED.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shannon387 said:

Pros, your up front with not much wait time. Its a good spot. I enjoyed myself. Proceeds go to RED. Note, you can move into the GA if you want. 

cons, GAers have figured this out & are now turning it into an all day wait starting at roughly 9am (starting with the JT 2017 tour). I still come at about 4pm and end up with a decent spot. Location is off to the side, to the far right & left of the band. GA has the better view. For the i&e tour there were entire songs where you couldn’t see the band or what was going on while they’re on the B stage.

This is where having the flexibility to move into GA comes in handy... If you’re on the rail, don’t move. Otherwise walk around to view the show.

Its a nice spot. If you’re wanting an easyish GA experience, it’s worth doing & proceeds go to RED.

I did GA for the I&E show at the Forum and I was  in the middle of the walkway 4 rows behind the rail and I lined up around 1:00 pm, great experience imo.

I'm leaning towards red-zone more and more... Thanks for your input.

No point in doing Red Zone with this set up.  Easy to grab a great spot in GA no matter when you arrive.   JT on the other hand, RZ was awesome - strolled in after Noel and still got a rail spot.  There is only enough room for about 3 rail spots in RZ now, and they are all the way off to the side.

1 hour ago, grinch1 said:

No point in doing Red Zone with this set up.  Easy to grab a great spot in GA no matter when you arrive.   JT on the other hand, RZ was awesome - strolled in after Noel and still got a rail spot.  There is only enough room for about 3 rail spots in RZ now, and they are all the way off to the side.

I agree.  This RZ placement (pretty much identical to the 2015 tour) is pretty lousy, especially for the price.  JT RZ was much better, as you could get right up next to the b-stage.

I think Everyone is missing the point including our boys in U2. The red zone which I have purchased since they first became available is a way to support one of the many causes U2 Supports. An added benefit especially in the beginning is that they were always the best location and the band would give them special attention. This has changed dramatically since the last tour. For the fan who wants to have the best experience in regards to location  GA is the way to go, but come very early especially in the Key big cities. For this who want to arrive later have less pushing but not have the best location and at the same time donate to a charity then it is the  Red Zone.

U2 seems to have lost control of a lot of the small things that make there shows special for long time fans especially in the club. I am from the Propaganda days and so I speak from experience. Special attention and location should be given to the Red Zone If you see the latest map the location is not very good.

Edited by Dizzy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, mike7man said:

I agree.  This RZ placement (pretty much identical to the 2015 tour) is pretty lousy, especially for the price.  JT RZ was much better, as you could get right up next to the b-stage.

+2 If you look at venue seating charts, I see no reason to pay for RZ seeing it's location. For stadiums, maybe... for arenas, I see no advantage. (other than donating to a good cause, if you have expendable income at the start of the holiday season, that is.  :)  )

On 11/10/2017 at 7:48 AM, gpmalecki said:

+2 If you look at venue seating charts, I see no reason to pay for RZ seeing it's location. For stadiums, maybe... for arenas, I see no advantage. (other than donating to a good cause, if you have expendable income at the start of the holiday season, that is.  :)  )

The only reason I'm considering Red Zone for the arena shows is due to GA scarcity.  GA for stadium shows?  Easy to get.  GA for arenas?  Tougher - and since apparently we now only get 2 presale tickets FOR THE WHOLE TOUR, that makes GA even more of a chore.

I may go Red Zone for some of the tighter shows - MSG, Boston - just to ensure I'm on the floor...

On 11/11/2017 at 12:55 PM, Oatsdad said:

The only reason I'm considering Red Zone for the arena shows is due to GA scarcity.  GA for stadium shows?  Easy to get.  GA for arenas?  Tougher - and since apparently we now only get 2 presale tickets FOR THE WHOLE TOUR, that makes GA even more of a chore.

I may go Red Zone for some of the tighter shows - MSG, Boston - just to ensure I'm on the floor...

you should definitely try for regular GA before Red Zone. just my humble opinion...

4 hours ago, gpmalecki said:

you should definitely try for regular GA before Red Zone. just my humble opinion...

Oh, I will - I'm dumb but I'm not THAT dumb! :D

But if it's clear GA ain't happening, Red Zone becomes more appealing.

I'd probably exhaust options for decent, reasonably priced lowers first, though.  Not a lot of lowers under $250, but I had those in 2015 for the shows where I didn't get GA and they were fine.

My hierarchy:

1) GA

2) Non $200+ reserved

3) Red Zone

And just remember people, Red zone tickets in the past have not required a code in the pre-sale, this may have been a TM glitch, but you could click on the drop down box,  highlight Red Zone and you were in! 

Red Zone is every show, right? Prudential in NJ seating chart on Ticketmaster isn't showing it...

I'm bummed that RZ has such bad placement. GA is problematic for me - I'm short & even average-sized guys in front of me means I won't see a thing. And waiting in line all day the day before....I'm older, and don't think my body would take that well. But I had RZ for the canceled St Louis show & really have my heart set on that experience. I just don't know...

How much is RZ? - and apparently you do need a code. I tried just to see how much they were, but saving my code for CST sales.

And to further complicate matters, the gold & silver packages just talk about the neat "stuff", they don't say anything about seats/placement in the arena....