Sign in to follow this  
wawa049

2nd shows - wait for presale?

Hi there -

I want to see them at MSG but June 25 is not the best date for me - June 26 or 27th would be perfect though.  Has anyone waited....and gone for a 2nd show in a city after the original pre-sale?  What do I do.....let the general on sale sell out for the June 25th show and then they will add another show?  A little nervous about this because I don't want to get shut out....but wondering if because less subscribers will be buying for 2nd show I may get better seats or GA too?  Any thoughts??

I've got to think you'd have a decent shot if you did this. There's no way that they are only doing 1 date at MSG - they did 8 last time around so at least a few more should be added. It looks like they could add before or after the 25th, though...so it's a bit of a crap shoot if you are counting on specific dates. Tough decision. 

I'm feeling a bit of the same - the San Jose show is a Monday night, I'm hoping they add a Sunday night show which would make things much easier coming from SF on the weekend vs weekday traffic.

Yeah I agree with this adding on shows business, it's a nightmare trying to figure out what shows to do when the dates aren't released in full.

In the old days you could buy a ticket and do swaps but can't even do that these days. Not that I'm complaining about more shows added ;)

Added shows in major markets WILL happen--although, in my experience, these are almost always after, not before, the original date (here's looking at you, tvham).  wawa049, I'd guess you're very likely to see an added show on the 26th (but probably NOT the 27th--these days, they always skip a day when they have two dates in a row.  So, no way they do 25/26/27).

2 hours ago, mike7man said:

Added shows in major markets WILL happen--although, in my experience, these are almost always after, not before, the original date (here's looking at you, tvham).  wawa049, I'd guess you're very likely to see an added show on the 26th (but probably NOT the 27th--these days, they always skip a day when they have two dates in a row.  So, no way they do 25/26/27).

While this has been generally the case in the past, at this point your comment is purely speculation. Nothing is official until it is announced by U2.com. Making plans or holding on to codes based on speculation has caused disappointment for some in the past.