dawnboo

Presale Codes Not Guaranteed for Fan Club Members?

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that I wasn't given a code after buying another subscription on top of the one that was still valid. 3 friends relied on me to get tickets . I don't want to make the call. Feeling ripped off and embarrassed 

I'm an Experience group member and got the same e-mail that I won't be receiving a code. This sucks, how am I supposed to get tickets?? This is ruining my life, I am a huge U2 fan and am so incredibly upset. I can't believe they are doing this to fans. I am a fan from Propaganda days, how is this happening????

After years of not being able to afford to be a paid subscriber or to buy tickets, I finally took the plunge and I'm extremely disappointed that I never got an email or a text message with my code this morning for the Los Angeles presale. 

1 minute ago, Claudiasue said:

I'm an Experience group member and got the same e-mail that I won't be receiving a code. This sucks, how am I supposed to get tickets?? This is ruining my life, I am a huge U2 fan and am so incredibly upset. I can't believe they are doing this to fans. I am a fan from Propaganda days, how is this happening????

1 minute ago, jesrick said:

After years of not being able to afford to be a paid subscriber or to buy tickets, I finally took the plunge and I'm extremely disappointed that I never got an email or a text message with my code this morning for the Los Angeles presale. 

PM the mods (see Subscription 2018 FAQ thread), they are working to get codes for everyone. It does take time, but they need your information to make it happen. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kwaite said:

PM the mods (see Subscription 2018 FAQ thread), they are working to get codes for everyone. It does take time, but they need your information to make it happen. 

THANK YOU!

1 minute ago, jesrick said:

THANK YOU!

Yep-

Also re-reading your post.  Are you in the experience group or innocence?   Rereading makes me think innocence, if so- your sale is tomorrow. Innocence group will get email tonight and text tomorrow.  Although same holds true tomorrow- if any issues PM the mods :)

3 minutes ago, kwaite said:

Yep-

Also re-reading your post.  Are you in the experience group or innocence?   Rereading makes me think innocence, if so- your sale is tomorrow. Innocence group will get email tonight and text tomorrow.  Although same holds true tomorrow- if any issues PM the mods :)

I'm so daft. I thought today was Wednesday. I am in fact part of the innocence group...thanks again!

Edited by jesrick
wrong word

9 minutes ago, jesrick said:

I'm so daft. I thought today was Wednesday. I am in fact part of the innocence group...thanks again!

glad it is just that!  Hopefully, you get email tonight (around 10-11pm EST) and text(s) tomorrow.  If any issues PM the mods they are the real super heroes during this time. Good Luck!

Thanks Kwaite. Where am I supposed to PM them? On twitter? I'm having trouble navigating all this, I'm still in shock. I've been hearing U2 since Zoo TV, cannot believe I didn't get a code.

I spoke with U2.com, and got told that I'm not a verified fan, so I can't get a presale code. How is this possible? I renewed my membership early, through 2019. How am I not a verified fan? U2 used to care about the fans, but now they really don't care at all. This is ruining my life, I live for my U2 concerts.

Did you take the other steps as required? You had to link your account here to your Ticketmaster account. It would say “set up complete” in your profile when it was done.

Just checking...

28 minutes ago, Claudiasue said:

Thanks Kwaite. Where am I supposed to PM them? On twitter? I'm having trouble navigating all this, I'm still in shock. I've been hearing U2 since Zoo TV, cannot believe I didn't get a code.

PM them in the forums here.  See below.  

My concern is that if people were not picked for the presale, who's to say they can participate in the general sale? If TM determined an issue to the account to disqualify them, it could happen again. Yet, fans that are really scalpers are posting tickets for resale right now. Way to beat the system, guys! You really got them this time.

didn't get one! been a fan member for a decade and seen every tour since 1997 :(

to say im upset is an understatement...

I have been a U2.com subscriber for many years as well.  My membership did lapse once because my email address changed and I didn't renew in time.  This was a few years ago but I am still considered a 'newbie'. I've seen every tour since the original Joshua Tree multiple times and have spent an incredible amount of $ on all things U2, it has been the 'splurge' in my life and something I absolutely loved.  My pre-sale is supposedly tomorrow - I did not receive the email that was supposed to be send to EVERYONE on the 13th.  I am really hoping that I am able to get a code. My Joshua Tree 2017 pre-sale and credit card ticket experience was a disaster and honestly, the show was a bit disappointing and the GA crowd where we were standing were obnoxious.(Levi's Stadium  - Santa Clara).    If I don't get a code, it may be time to re-think my loyalty.  I know they don't read these, I wonder if they know how horribly the real fans are affected by all these ticketing issues.  Now I hear that a 'fan score' is taken into consideration and your score is based on your social media presence.  Are you kidding me?  Sure, I have a FB, Twitter and Instagram account - am I active on them? NO!  I am an active 50 year old professional with a family and responsibilities - I don't hang out on social media and I am not going to change that to get access to a ticket pre-sale.  If this is how they are deciding whether or not a person gets a code....I am done with this whole thing and unfortunately, right or wrong, will resent the band for it.

Edited by stacigwalker
Update - Expecting the worst but I got the best! Got my code with no issue and VIP tickets. I went big JIC it's my last show. I am so relieved! First world problems, I know - I'm very grateful for this life and very grateful that fandom paid off!

19 hours ago, JCF said:

Don't panic. Bigwave explained it on the @u2 podcast today (https://www.pscp.tv/iChris/1zqKVMkvEylxB?t=46) If you have the green "setup complete" button and you are not a ticket scalper with a Ticketmaster history of suspicious purchases, you will be fine, you will get a code! That fine print language is in there to cover the fact that if someone  has a suspicious ticket purchase history, that looks like they could be a scalper, then they would theoretically be denied a code. That's what I came away understanding after watching the podcast.  Thanks Bigwave!

Now we know this is not true!

33 minutes ago, stacigwalker said:

I have been a U2.com subscriber for many years as well.  My membership did lapse once because my email address changed and I didn't renew in time.  This was a few years ago but I am still considered a 'newbie'. I've seen every tour since the original Joshua Tree multiple times and have spent an incredible amount of $ on all things U2, it has been the 'splurge' in my life and something I absolutely loved.  My pre-sale is supposedly tomorrow - I did not receive the email that was supposed to be send to EVERYONE on the 13th.  I am really hoping that I am able to get a code. My Joshua Tree 2017 pre-sale and credit card ticket experience was a disaster and honestly, the show was a bit disappointing and the GA crowd where we were standing were obnoxious.(Levi's Stadium  - Santa Clara).    If I don't get a code, it may be time to re-think my loyalty.  I know they don't read these, I wonder if they know how horribly the real fans are affected by all these ticketing issues.  Now I hear that a 'fan score' is taken into consideration and your score is based on your social media presence.  Are you kidding me?  Sure, I have a FB, Twitter and Instagram account - am I active on them? NO!  I am an active 50 year old professional with a family and responsibilities - I don't hang out on social media and I am not going to change that to get access to a ticket pre-sale.  If this is how they are deciding whether or not a person gets a code....I am done with this whole thing and unfortunately, right or wrong, will resent the band for it.

I feel for you and hope you get tickets.  I know that social media presence is a factor to get Taylor Swift tickets who is also using the Verified Fan thing.  As far as I know social media has zero to do with the process for U2.  I have zero social media presence and I got an experience code.  

So, what are my options if I have a subscription presale code however need more than 2 tickets? If i wait for the verified fan presale as a subscription member will I get a code so I can get up to 4? My kids are all minor so we need to sit together. What are my options?

6 minutes ago, omnivox said:

So, what are my options if I have a subscription presale code however need more than 2 tickets? If i wait for the verified fan presale as a subscription member will I get a code so I can get up to 4? My kids are all minor so we need to sit together. What are my options?

The typical quantities for pre-sale tickets has been 2 tickets for arena shows and 4 tickets for outdoor stadium shows.    Did you register to be a verified subscription U2.com fan member before the cut-off registration deadline of 11/12?   If not, you probably won't get a U2 verified fan presale code.   However, if you have a Citibank credit card, you can register as a verified fan through Citibank presale which begins tomorrow -- the Citibank verified fans are allowed up to 4 tickets.     Not sure if that registration deadline has passed.

I did the subscription presale and the verified fan registration. I do not have a Citibank card.

On 11/14/2017 at 5:27 AM, cmooreNC said:

Do I buy a lot of tickets from Ticketmaster?  Yes.  I've been to 71 concerts this year.  I see a LOT of shows by many different musicians.  I happen to love live music!  Do I occasionally resell tickets?  Yes, as sometimes I buy tickets for a show and can't attend.  When I can't go, or otherwise have extras, I am usually reselling them at or below cost.  I have no idea if my "history" is what has triggered their algorithms to label me as a "scalper" or "potential scalper" or whatever, but to say I'm not happy right now is an understatement.  :-(

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think this is what's happening, that this flawed system is mistakenly flagging people who are fans as "scalpers", and now the Mods are trying to sort it out person by person. 

5 minutes ago, zoomcat said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think this is what's happening, that this flawed system is mistakenly flagging people who are fans as "scalpers", and now the Mods are trying to sort it out person by person. 

And clearly the mods got overwhelmed and were told to back away from the whole situation, which is sad.  Not that I'm blaming them at all, but I think the saddest thing about this is that in order to "battle the bots" Ticketmaster has set up their own un-human system.  We may need to go back to the days of lining up at the box office and buying our tickets in person.  Yes, there will still be "scalpers" who get on the line or pay someone to get on the line, but at least we're then back to humans dealing with humans.  All this "automation" is clearly not working for everyone.  :-(

1 minute ago, cmooreNC said:

And clearly the mods got overwhelmed and were told to back away from the whole situation, which is sad.  Not that I'm blaming them at all, but I think the saddest thing about this is that in order to "battle the bots" Ticketmaster has set up their own un-human system.  We may need to go back to the days of lining up at the box office and buying our tickets in person.  Yes, there will still be "scalpers" who get on the line or pay someone to get on the line, but at least we're then back to humans dealing with humans.  All this "automation" is clearly not working for everyone.  :-(

Yeah, the good ol' days, lining up in front of a record store with a TM booth!  I'm beginning to think thats not such a bad idea. 

I have a feeling bigwave and this site will just "pass the buck" and say it is the "verified" process or it's TM fault this happened to receiving a verified email followed by a rejection email.  It seems that if a fan wants to go to see U2, this process is directing them to the scalpers, as some of us won't be able to purchase "face value" tickets when tickets go on sale thru pre-sales or public sales.  Oh the scalpers must be licking their chops...

I looked at the help post, as directed from this website, and it doesn't appear to have been updated since this site took a holiday yesterday.  No explanation as to why some folks received "Yup, you  are verified" then a "ha ha, we were only kidding... tough shit, you're not"  emails.

I usually buy one ticket to two or three shows each tour, so how can that be construed as a "scalpers" account?

Argh.