Sign in to follow this  
dawnboo

Presale Codes Not Guaranteed for Fan Club Members?

A Ticketmaster rep just told me on the phone that presale codes are NOT guaranteed for all fan club members. He said they just had a meeting about it this morning and that it would be a lottery-type system where only some fan club members will receive codes and others will not. I looked at some of the information on FAQs posted on U2.com and it seems like he's correct... This is copied directly from the FAQs (note the part that I bolded in red): "Once I complete all the steps on the Account Info page, will I have access to the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale? All subscribers who complete the required steps and are verified will be equally eligible to receive an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale."

That sure sounds to me like it's not a guarantee. That is a slap in the face to the fan club members who have paid thousands of dollars on memberships and concert tickets. In the name of preventing scalpers from getting tickets, we are being forced into this Verified Fan system that doesn't even guarantee that we will get a presale code. Doesn't seem very fan-friendly to me... I'm so frustrated... Every single presale is the cause of a lot of stress and disappointment for U2's most devoted fans.

Edited by dawnboo
fixing typo

I'm going to be pretty pissed if subscribers don't get a code.  That should be universal.

I can grudgingly accept Ticketmaster not giving all 'verified' fans a code for the general sale. (I think it crap, but I can accept it.)

But its total BS is they don't give pre-sale codes to ALL u2.com subscribers.

Edited by tomschaedler
  • Like 1

I don't think that's accurate. I'm pretty sure all fan club members who completed the verified fan process on u2.com will get presale codes on the day of their group. It's the Citi presale and the Public onsale where the lottery part comes in. 

I think the wording you posted up there refers to the fact that, just because you get a presale code doesn't guarantee you'll get tickets. Because that's something that people always assume who don't know the drill. They think presale access guarantees they'll get tickets. Maybe for a crappy band with few fans. But U2 is the biggest band on the planet with more fans worldwide than any other band in the world. So you're up against a lot of people in both presale and public sale. Which makes it harder to get tickets overall.

I hope you are right, Ingrida, but there is separate question section of the FAQ that addresses the whole issue of not being guaranteed tickets by participating in the presale. But, when you look at the FAQs, it refers to the part about "being eligible to received an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale" in the section about fan club memberships. Using language that says I am "eligible to receive an invitation" sounds a whole lot like a lottery to me. That, coupled with the information several people on this forum have gotten from various Ticketmaster/Live Nation representatives saying that everyone will not automatically get a presale code, makes me very suspicious that codes aren't going to be given out to all fan club members. If that's true, it REALLY sucks.

5 hours ago, dawnboo said:

I hope you are right, Ingrida, but there is separate question section of the FAQ that addresses the whole issue of not being guaranteed tickets by participating in the presale. But, when you look at the FAQs, it refers to the part about "being eligible to received an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale" in the section about fan club memberships. Using language that says I am "eligible to receive an invitation" sounds a whole lot like a lottery to me. That, coupled with the information several people on this forum have gotten from various Ticketmaster/Live Nation representatives saying that everyone will not automatically get a presale code, makes me very suspicious that codes aren't going to be given out to all fan club members. If that's true, it REALLY sucks.

regrettably, I agree--and it would be pretty outrageous (especially for experience folks) to not get a presale code.

Don't panic. Bigwave explained it on the @u2 podcast today (https://www.pscp.tv/iChris/1zqKVMkvEylxB?t=46) If you have the green "setup complete" button and you are not a ticket scalper with a Ticketmaster history of suspicious purchases, you will be fine, you will get a code! That fine print language is in there to cover the fact that if someone  has a suspicious ticket purchase history, that looks like they could be a scalper, then they would theoretically be denied a code. That's what I came away understanding after watching the podcast.  Thanks Bigwave!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, JCF said:

Don't panic. Bigwave explained it on the @u2 podcast today (https://www.pscp.tv/iChris/1zqKVMkvEylxB?t=46) If you have the green "setup complete" button and you are not a ticket scalper with a Ticketmaster history of suspicious purchases, you will be fine, you will get a code! That fine print language is in there to cover the fact that if someone  has a suspicious ticket purchase history, that looks like they could be a scalper, then they would theoretically be denied a code. That's what I came away understanding after watching the podcast.  Thanks Bigwave!

That makes me feel a lot better. Now, if we would just get that informational email they promised us tonight...

1 hour ago, dawnboo said:

That makes me feel a lot better. Now, if we would just get that informational email they promised us tonight...

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/37467-anyone-receive-the-email-today/

I've been a member for years.  Am in the Experience group.  Got an email last night saying that I was "verified" and selected and would be receiving my code via text this morning about two to four hours prior to the presale start time.  Then two hours later I got a "Correction" email saying, in essence, "ooops, we were wrong, you're not approved and you're not getting a code but if you'd like to get a refund on your fanclub membership here's how to apply to get one...."

Do I buy a lot of tickets from Ticketmaster?  Yes.  I've been to 71 concerts this year.  I see a LOT of shows by many different musicians.  I happen to love live music!  Do I occasionally resell tickets?  Yes, as sometimes I buy tickets for a show and can't attend.  When I can't go, or otherwise have extras, I am usually reselling them at or below cost.  I have no idea if my "history" is what has triggered their algorithms to label me as a "scalper" or "potential scalper" or whatever, but to say I'm not happy right now is an understatement.  :-(

The podcast was wrong. The TM Verified platform is shit. We’re getting screwed. Time for a membership refund....

• Like 1

I've been a fan club member since before U2.com.  I received the verification email last night and then got a rejection correction email this morning.  This is bullshit.

3 minutes ago, KirstenM said:

I've been a fan club member since before U2.com.  I received the verification email last night and then got a rejection correction email this morning.  This is bullshit.

I hope they are kidding me, too. Have been paid member several years now and got very same "CORRECTION" mail this morning. WTF???

Can anyone from U2.com tell me a reason of it? 

I did not get a code and I am listed as an Experience member. So screwed up. Of course the phone number is busy!

56 minutes ago, cmooreNC said:

I've been a member for years.  Am in the Experience group.  Got an email last night saying that I was "verified" and selected and would be receiving my code via text this morning about two to four hours prior to the presale start time.  Then two hours later I got a "Correction" email saying, in essence, "ooops, we were wrong, you're not approved and you're not getting a code but if you'd like to get a refund on your fanclub membership here's how to apply to get one...."

This also happened to me as well but I did get the code in a text message. Frustrating!!

8 minutes ago, khoobo said:

I hope they are kidding me, too. Have been paid member several years now and got very same "CORRECTION" mail this morning. WTF???

Can anyone from U2.com tell me a reason of it? 

Check the other thread. It’s a lottery system and people are getting screwed. Many experience people will be rejected, even though many innocence people will get codes.

1 hour ago, CatKim said:

This also happened to me as well but I did get the code in a text message. Frustrating!!

Congratulations on getting a code.  I still have not received one and my presale starts in less than 30 minutes, so I guess I'm SOL for this go 'round.  But hopefully I'll get one for the Citibank presale and there will be some GAs left for Nashville when I get my opportunity to try to buy tix.

We pay for a membership to get a code. Anyone who doesn't get a code should get a refund. It's ridiculous how screwed up this presale has been. I've been doing these presales with the band for a long time and always gotten a code. Today, they have screwed over some long time fans. I won't forget.

• Like 1

FOR LOVE OR MONEY

-Aren’t there enough tickets to satisfy the demand of your most faithful fans? 
- Do you withhold tickets for other target groups, like Citi Cardmembers? 
- Why is a system that proved to work in the past suddenly abandoned?

FOR LOVE OR MONEY

Then why did I pay for another subscription  when I already had one for 10 years now? 

I hope they add more shows and FIX this. 

Got the same email that (it seems) several have gotten.  Beyond frustrated.  Have bee a paid (and current) member for 31 years back to the days of Propaganda.  To get the "you will be getting a code in the experience group" to an email retracting such is insane.  This whole process has sucked the energy and excitement out of me.  Is there another thread with regards to this and who has contacted U2.com about this madness?  Apologies if this is a redundant post (I don't frequent the forums often but have been reading all day since receiving that shitty email).  :(

8 minutes ago, unforgettable72 said:

Got the same email that (it seems) several have gotten.  Beyond frustrated.  Have bee a paid (and current) member for 31 years back to the days of Propaganda.  To get the "you will be getting a code in the experience group" to an email retracting such is insane.  This whole process has sucked the energy and excitement out of me.  Is there another thread with regards to this and who has contacted U2.com about this madness?  Apologies if this is a redundant post (I don't frequent the forums often but have been reading all day since receiving that shitty email).  :(

try page 10 of the thread Did anyone receive the email today  here

Edited by hobbes4444