allyson2008

Time for ACROBAT LIVE

Yep, I'm going to go there. If ever there was a time to play it live, this is it.

Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see
If you just close your eyes you can feel the enemy.
When I first met you girl, you had fire in your soul.
What happened t'your face of melting snow
Now it looks like this!
And you can swallow or you can spit
You can throw it up, or choke on it
And you can dream, so dream out loud
You know that your time is coming round
So don't let the bastards grind you down.

No, nothing makes sense, nothing seems to fit.
I know you'd hit out if you only knew who to hit.
And I'd join the movement 
If there was one I could believe in

Yeah, I'd break bread and wine 
If there was a church I could receive in.
'Cause I need it now.
To take the cup
To fill it up, to drink it slow.
I can't let you go.

And I must be an acrobat
To talk like this and act like that.
And you can dream, so dream out loud
And don't let the bastards grind you down.

• Like 2

I’ve been scouring the web and researching information on how to try and catch a glimpse (and maybe a picture and/or autograph) of the band when they come in for sound check before the concert starts. I’ve got tickets to the show in San Jose at the SAP Center this coming May (2018). I would love any tips or advice of what to do and where to go to try and catch them entering the arena for sound check. I’ve loved them since I was a little girl and this would seriously be a dream come true to meet them! Thanks in advance for any help! 

An article I've read quoted Dallas Schoo as saying that the guitars "come off the truck" around 9:30 am on concert day. Hope that helps.

On 11/15/2017 at 4:19 PM, loriloo23 said:

I’ve been scouring the web and researching information on how to try and catch a glimpse (and maybe a picture and/or autograph) of the band when they come in for sound check before the concert starts. I’ve got tickets to the show in San Jose at the SAP Center this coming May (2018). I would love any tips or advice of what to do and where to go to try and catch them entering the arena for sound check. I’ve loved them since I was a little girl and this would seriously be a dream come true to meet them! Thanks in advance for any help! 

I'm not sure which tour but many people were able to say hi to Bono and The Edge around 2-2:30 pm the day of a show.  It was over by the trucks.  Both of them came out for many shows.  They let pics be taken and signed items.  I remember people posting pictures.  Hopefully someone will see what I've written, have more info and elaborate on it.  Good luck!

Concerning Acrobat live:   Didn't we have it ?  I love it too.  Do you honestly think they'll do it again?  I do not think they will, but what do I know?  It's a successful day if I don't spend two hours looking for my car keys.

The recent JT tour featured Acrobat, at least for the Chicago shows.  I'd like to hear Who's Gonna Ride....or Crumbs From Your Table.  I most want to hear Sleeps Like a Baby and The Troubles.

I'd also love it if they did Love is Blindness.

Edited by Manohlive

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Concerning Acrobat live:   Didn't we have it ?  I love it too.  Do you honestly think they'll do it again?  I do not think they will, but what do I know?  It's a successful day if I don't spend two hours looking for my car keys.

The recent JT tour featured Acrobat, at least for the Chicago shows.  I'd like to hear Who's Gonna Ride....or Crumbs From Your Table.  I most want to hear Sleeps Like a Baby and The Troubles.

Think you might have Acrobat mixed up with Ultraviolet. 

• Upvote 1

Acrobat!!! my all time favorite U2 song!!!Brilliant from their masterpiece Achtung Baby!(also my favorite)

really hope they will play it someday....but don't think it will happen on SOE tour.... :( hope there will be an Achtung Baby tour next time,that would be awesome!!!!!

On 1/23/2018 at 8:13 PM, mich40 said:

Think you might have Acrobat mixed up with Ultraviolet. 

Umm...yeah.  Thanks, Mich.  Funny.   We got Ultraviolet on the 360?   Vertigo?   Elevation?   Popmart?   Zoo TV?    I'm confused, but I know it's one of them? haha.

The 360 it is...I'm editing and hauling butt out  of here before I blunder again.  :)

Edited by Manohlive
general air headedness

13 hours ago, u2hl said:

Acrobat!!! my all time favorite U2 song!!!Brilliant from their masterpiece Achtung Baby!(also my favorite)

really hope they will play it someday....but don't think it will happen on SOE tour.... :( hope there will be an Achtung Baby tour next time,that would be awesome!!!!!

That would be a dream come true for me.  I still listen to Achtung Baby from start to finish and I do so regularly.  I think it's the greatest album since Sgt. Pepper's.  Another question:  Do you think they'd do that when they EI is yet to begin and AB 30th is only two years from now?   It's a nice thought, that is for certain, imho.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Thanks, afg.  I wish I was wherever you are in that picture because it's cold and solid ice everywhere one walks where I live. 

Welcome.  I also wish I was in a warm setting like that right now:).  My home is also where winters are cold.

11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

That would be a dream come true for me.  I still listen to Achtung Baby from start to finish and I do so regularly.  I think it's the greatest album since Sgt. Pepper's.  Another question:  Do you think they'd do that when they EI is yet to begin and AB 30th is only two years from now?   It's a nice thought, that is for certain, imho.

excellent taste my friend!!! ;) yes,i think (and hope) there will be an AB 30th anniversary tour,just like there was for JT!!!keep our fingers crossed!  

4 minutes ago, u2hl said:

excellent taste my friend!!! ;) yes,i think (and hope) there will be an AB 30th anniversary tour,just like there was for JT!!!keep our fingers crossed!  

in fact,i'm listening to Achtung Baby right now!!!! ;)

On 23/01/2018 at 11:41 PM, Manohlive said:

Yes big time to Wild horses. Great shout.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 7:00 AM, u2hl said:

yes,i think (and hope) there will be an AB 30th anniversary tour,just like there was for JT!!!keep our fingers crossed!  

It would also give us lovers of Pop even more of a bully pulpit to tout its merits!   We'd be one release away.....haha

Edited by Manohlive

On 25/01/2018 at 9:02 AM, Manohlive said:

Umm...yeah.  Thanks, Mich.  Funny.   We got Ultraviolet on the 360?   Vertigo?   Elevation?   Popmart?   Zoo TV?    I'm confused, but I know it's one of them? haha.

The 360 it is...I'm editing and hauling butt out  of here before I blunder again.  :)

yeah, the played it last year and on 360. pretty sure only ZOO TV had Ultraviolet before that.

3 minutes ago, BigBunny said:

yeah, the played it last year and on 360. pretty sure only ZOO TV had Ultraviolet before that.

Thanks.  I was being goofy and making fun of myself.  I am very fond of Ultraviolet and Acrobat, however; they are the songs where I finally have to get up and go to the bathroom...or something of the sort...as AB is a long piece.  Thus, I've always confused them.  Somehow I ended up in my set again for Love is Blindness.  I finally made myself sit and listen to both A and U and love both of them.  I still confuse, but I love them.  Acrobat is intense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Thanks.  I was being goofy and making fun of myself.  I am very fond of Ultraviolet and Acrobat, however; they are the songs where I finally have to get up and go to the bathroom...or something of the sort...as AB is a long piece.  Thus, I've always confused them.  Somehow I ended up in my set again for Love is Blindness.  I finally made myself sit and listen to both A and U and love both of them.  I still confuse, but I love them.  Acrobat is intense.

sorry, I can't pick up making fun of yourself on this forum eggs.gif.92c63d9c581ce76be9450d59d89896d4.gif 

1 hour ago, BigBunny said:

sorry, I can't pick up making fun of yourself on this forum

Is that a joke?   It easily could be as we do get a bit intense on U2.com.  I'm laughing because I've no idea what you meant.  I love it.  I have the flu, along with most of America.  My temp is 102.9 degrees right now.   I'm almost hallucinating.  Thanks for the laugh, but what do you actually mean?  :)

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Is that a joke?   It easily could be as we do get a bit intense on U2.com.  I'm laughing because I've no idea what you meant.  I love it.  I have the flu, along with most of America.  My temp is 102.9 degrees right now.   I'm almost hallucinating.  Thanks for the laugh, but what do you actually mean?  :)

when I read your post I couldn't tell that you were making fun of yourself. it's this forum. on another forum, I know what certain people are like eg: when they are being self deprecating or taking the piss out of themselves.

when I read your post I actually thought you didn't know what tours Ultraviolet was played. sorry you have the flu, it's summer here.

catfrypan.gif

12 hours ago, BigBunny said:

sorry you have the flu, it's summer here.

So rub it in that it's summer by you!   lol    I doubt you meant it that way, but I really laughed.  Thank you.   Also, thanks...but lots of us have the flu.  It's pretty bad, so don't fly to America right now.

Honestly, while I'd be delighted if they break into Acrobat at the O2 in October, I'm kind of worried that at this point it would disappoint loads of people. I mean, it took 30 years for the band to play Red Hill Mining Town live, then when The Joshua Tree tour rolled around last year loads of people weren't happy with how they played it with the new arrangement (I personally loved it) - and obviously there's no telling whether they'd change Acrobat from the original arrangement as they did RHMT.

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

So rub it in that it's summer by you!   lol    I doubt you meant it that way, but I really laughed.  Thank you.   Also, thanks...but lots of us have the flu.  It's pretty bad, so don't fly to America right now.

no, I didn't mean to rub summer in ya face lol just no flu problems here right now. only problem is when it gets too hot for a cuppa tea, that really ticks me orff. but then this is Austraila, it's a hot country. 

18 hours ago, BigBunny said:

Ultraviolet on 360 ... with the red lasers jacket ??????