Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bcaa

Tickets transferable?

Recommended Posts

Will tickets be transferable to a friend if we cannot attend a show? How does this work? Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering the same after seeing a mention of Fan to Fan Resale on the tour page:

"Please Note: Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2?s new album, "Songs of Experience?, to be released December 1, 2017. Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). Prior to December 1, you will have the opportunity to pre-order one CD per ticket purchased. Once the digital album becomes available on December 1, fans will have the choice of either a CD or digital album at the time of redemption. One album per ticket. US/Canadian residents only. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale."

Can mods confirm if this means we will be able to sell or trade tickets amongst ourselves if something happens and we can't use a ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stateless said:

Can mods confirm if this means we will be able to sell or trade tickets amongst ourselves if something happens and we can't use a ticket?

 

Will ask.... stay tuned...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, stateless said:

I'm wondering the same after seeing a mention of Fan to Fan Resale on the tour page:

"Please Note: Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2?s new album, "Songs of Experience?, to be released December 1, 2017. Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). Prior to December 1, you will have the opportunity to pre-order one CD per ticket purchased. Once the digital album becomes available on December 1, fans will have the choice of either a CD or digital album at the time of redemption. One album per ticket. US/Canadian residents only. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale."

Can mods confirm if this means we will be able to sell or trade tickets amongst ourselves if something happens and we can't use a ticket?

Like Max said, will ask. Also, if you have reasons that you can think of now that may prevent you from going, you may want to look into the ticket insurance that pops up when purchasing through Ticketmaster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustratingly, no one knows right now--which is truly disrespectful to would-be buyers (i.e., us), who need to know vital things like this in advance.  The safest thing (pending further info) is to assume that at least GA and RZ (and other VIP tix) will (again) be CCE, with NO transfers, reselling (even on TM), etc. for these tix.  Even seated hard (non-CCE) tix may not be transferrable/sellable, especially if bought through presales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mike7man said:

Frustratingly, no one knows right now--which is truly disrespectful to would-be buyers (i.e., us), who need to know vital things like this in advance.  The safest thing (pending further info) is to assume that at least GA and RZ (and other VIP tix) will (again) be CCE, with NO transfers, reselling (even on TM), etc. for these tix.  Even seated hard (non-CCE) tix may not be transferrable/sellable, especially if bought through presales.

This has been a consistent problem since U2 sold their touring business to Live Nation, further compounded by Guy Oseary taking over as manager.  There weren't questions like this when U2 handled their own booking and Paul McGuinness was managing.  The problem for us is, Live Nation knows this will sell out, so they don't care if fans get inconvenienced in the process or if it's not fair.  It'll sell out just the same if they provide awful customer service, and it will take less effort and money for them to run it that way.  And Oseary has shown no evidence of being aware of these issues or caring whatsoever, and is not available to contact regarding issues.

My guess is that it'll be similar to 2015 and 2017.  Fan club tickets won't be transferable; but like the previous tours, I would guess that tickets purchased during the general sale will be available to transfer and/or resell through Ticketmaster's own scalping service.  Ticketmaster makes a fortune off of those services, so they won't give them up without a fight.

Note that tickets in New York State will not be Credit Card Entry, as that practice is illegal in New York.  I have mixed feelings about both CCE and the prohibition against it.  The prohibition against it, though offered in the guise of being consumer-friendly, is really about making life easier for scalpers - they make too much on Broadway and other big events to lose the revenue, and lobbied successfully against CCE in the state.  The idea that being anti-CCE is for consumer fairness is ridiculous.  But the problem with CCE is lax enforcement and no customer recourse.  CCE only works if the venue diligently checks both credit cards and IDs and then makes people immediately enter.  Right now, most don't.  Ticketmaster says you're not allowed to use a disposable credit card for CCE tickets, but they don't cancel purchases when people do, which allows them to be scalped freely.  So CCE presents a situation where the average customer who just got stuck with an extra ticket isn't allowed to sell it, but a scalper who had always planned on scalping the tickets can prepare for that.  Venues and Ticketmaster need to tamp down on disposable credit card usage and make sure all IDs and cards match at the venue, and yes, turn away people who are coming with scalped tickets (which will force Stubhub to refund those purchases, and if they have to do that enough, they'll realize they're losing too much money to allow sellers to list those tickets which aren't allowed to be resold).  Scalpers can also transfer tickets, and that has to be stopped.  Ticketmaster also needs to allow an option for customers to return tickets that they can't use.  It could be anything from a straight return to relisting them on TM, and if they sell, then the ticket holder gets refunded, and if they don't sell, they don't.  But there needs to be a legal mechanism to attempt the return of tickets that are legally prohibited from being transferred or resold.

CCE is a great idea that's been poorly implemented in a way that penalizes that average fan while protecting the scalping business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bcaa said:

Any updates on this? Those who got tickets know this answer?

It might change from venue to venue but my order page for San Jose has the Transfer Tickets option (GA tickets)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is that Montreal GA hard tickets are being mailed which implies you can trade and not have to show credit card, but I don't know about the seats.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Various people have posted about hard tickets being available for GA at several venues under the "credit card entry" thread.

So it looks like they will be more transferable than in recent past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, bcaa said:

Will tickets be transferable to a friend if we cannot attend a show? How does this work? Thanks!!

You will have the ability to transfer your tickets if you have to. I see the transfer option through ticket masters web-site via my account on my computer. When I bring up the tickets through ticket masters app on my phone, I see the transfer option also. 

Edited by BVB65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I have the print-at-home option (and can therefore produce actual copies of the tickets), does that mean I can transfer them?

(I accidentally, through my presale panic, managed to buy tickets in the wrong city. And I'm not flying to DC, so unless I can somehow offload these, I won't be able to afford to go at all :( )

Edited by mblanke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the GA tickets I bought gave me NO print-at-home option - it was pay to ship hard tickets to your house only. Therefore, you should be able to transfer those freely to a friend or fan if you can't attend. Los Angeles, Tulsa, St Louis are all shipping hard tickets to my house.

I'm sure that doesn't count for (Red) Zone - I've read that folks are still saying those purchases are check-in at the venue day of show. I also can't speak for seated tickets or VIP packages (gold, silver etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2017 at 1:36 PM, afg said:

How about NY or Boston?  Anyone get GA or seats there?

I got GA for Boston and it is hard ticket. I have the option on Ticketmaster to transfer.     And actually, if anyone would like to trade MSG GA for Boston GA, I'm in. Boston GA not for sale; just trade for MSG GA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...