Sign in to follow this  
beachangel

Anyone Receive the Email Today?

I got my tickets for LA!!! WHAT A DAY. Thanks to the mods for all their help saving us "corrected" people from U2 purgatory :) 

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 6.08.41 PM.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tinja said:

Should i be worried if i did not get the email yet? I've renewed and verified on time and checked my email address and spam folder. I'm in the innocense group though so there's still some time left...

I didn't receive either...

I want to say thank you to mich40 for coming through and getting this rectified. At least we know the mods do care about the fans and are working for us.

Hopefully, this is a learning experience and we can go back to the old ways of giving out codes to the fans who have paid for the fan club for years and spent an enormous amount of money on traveling, tickets, and hotels to see the band.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kitw said:

I got my tickets for LA!!! WHAT A DAY. Thanks to the mods for all their help saving us "corrected" people from U2 purgatory :) 

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 6.08.41 PM.png

how did you rceive the link or the code? by message or email?

Misery loves company...I have been a u2 subscriber since 2005 or so, hardly as long as many, was able to purchase tickets at that time for the Vertigo tour.  They have not been playing at venues anywhere near me since, so I was truly looking forward to seeing them in Duluth.  Guess I did not win the lottery, I also got the 10 pm email last night confirming I'd be receiving the Experience group code, two hours later the second email indicating that I would NOT receive it.  I called u2.com today to obtain understanding as to what had transpired, also reached busy signals the first 100 times I called, finally reached a woman who offered a u2.com refund, not what I was looking for.  So, now I am registered for the general sale next week, but I am guessing that this group is so popular, that I will have a snowball's chance in hell of being able to purchase a ticket.  Really sad to see tickets already posted for sale at stubhub for $350 minimum near the ceiling, and $600 to over a thousand for GA or better seats.

Well, if this group is so popular that they cannot guarantee a pre-sale ticket sale to all of their fans, then so be it.  But this definitely diminishes my respect for U2 and the ticket sale process.

I have PM'd Max per his suggestion, but made it clear I have no expectations for magic to happen.

Edited by petergoode
typo

No love to me, no text and tried emailing in but no response. unsure what to do or who to speak to but just really bummed out about all of this... Glad y'all got your tickets and hope y'all enjoy the show

correction, got an email that said they will respond to my email in 12 hours.... again, glad to see some of you got tickets 

1 hour ago, toyoracer said:

How are people getting codes? Did you guys request help or maybe this is randomized, too?

1 hour ago, Danielle1 said:

I requested help from the moderator team and I also called  the U2 customer support team.

1 hour ago, jeffwalsh said:

I was working with Max on here to resolve it, e-mailed Ticketmaster support, and called the u2.com support line. Can't say which one did the trick...

I messaged the mods at 7:45am Eastern, and followed up with a U2.com support email. Not sure which worked, but one did! I later got a PM from the mods asking if my situation had been fixed.

I got snuffed as well :(    if they want DNA and my vinyl collection reciepts as well at ticket stub collection, be happy to send in or bring into their office :)    But on serious note, bummed out as well 

5 minutes ago, mdfighton said:

correction, got an email that said they will respond to my email in 12 hours.... again, glad to see some of you got tickets 

I got that same auto response email an hour before I got my code...

Well with all the issues It will be interesting what happens with my 'pre-sale' for tomorrow since I am in the iNNOCENCE group. This is wayy early in the presale plan for these shows and honestly I feel that the band MUST be planning on adding shows......Vegas is May 11th but the first LA show is May 15th...plenty of time to add another show. In 2015 most venues got at least 2 nights..

Edited by JGreg

Just now, dmbfan36 said:

I got that same auto response email an hour before I got my code...

email from who?

No email or text for me, even though I made sure everything was current and verified. When it got to be 20 minutes before the presale and still no info, I checked the "help" page and it says that if you used your code on the JT30 tour you have to renew again, even though it's not due for renewal for another 3 months. I did that, still no code. It would have been helpful if that was posted on the Account page, instead of making us dig for it at the last minute. Took 20 times to get through and then half an hour on hold only to be told that it's a "lottery" and too bad so sad, you weren't chosen. I'd love to know why I wasn't on that list and what I supposedly did or didn't do to be omitted. This isn't the first screwup on my membership and I missed the IE tour because of the last mixup and couldn't afford $500 each tickets in my area. Absolutely gutted right now.

got ticket access but no code. got a unable to process for last tour had to buy re-sale.  I have to say tm has not been good to me. sucks to be me!

40 minutes ago, beto lozano said:

how did you rceive the link or the code? by message or email?

I got a text message about 2-3 hours ago.

I got the email last night that I would be good for today as an eXPERIENCE Verified Subscriber. Logging in to Ticketmaster, they confirm they see that as well: they just want the code to let me in.
Three+ hours after presale has started and still no code. I just went through all of my emails on this (I'm a pack rat) and nowhere does any email use the word LOTTERY or give any indication that we might not get a code. If anything, it was implied the texts would go out to all of us in a blast at 5a PST.
Guess I'll have to wait and hope that the seating area I want is still available by if/whenever I finally get the code.

1 hour ago, ivdf said:

Now that the ticket limit has been downsized from 4 to 2

Isn't it that we get 4 tickets when they are in stadiums and 2 when they do arenas? I don't think this is anything new?

Finally spoke with supervisor at U2. Nothing they can do. Sorry. It way and you were not chosen. She had no idea what the criteria for the lottery was. To get an email saying I would get a code this morning only to wake up to an email saying oops we made a mistake, youre not getting a code. This is the most disgusting treatment of fans I have ever been subject to or heard of. First U2 gig was in Glasgow over 35 years ago. I am now officially done with this band. Hurts me to say that but I feel totally devastated. No more tours for me and as far as the new album goes they know where they can shove it. Im done!

1 minute ago, usceltic said:

Finally spoke with supervisor at U2. Nothing they can do. Sorry. It way and you were not chosen. She had no idea what the criteria for the lottery was. To get an email saying I would get a code this morning only to wake up to an email saying oops we made a mistake, youre not getting a code. This is the most disgusting treatment of fans I have ever been subject to or heard of. First U2 gig was in Glasgow over 35 years ago. I am now officially done with this band. Hurts me to say that but I feel totally devastated. No more tours for me and as far as the new album goes they know where they can shove it. Im done!

contact the mods via PM.  They can, and are, getting people their codes to use.  It is taking time but they are getting it fixed. 

18 minutes ago, jeffwalsh said:

Isn't it that we get 4 tickets when they are in stadiums and 2 when they do arenas? I don't think this is anything new?

Now that you mention it, I'm not really sure, but it could very much be the case. But i've been getting tickets during pre-sales since 2001 for both arenas and stadiums and I wasn't aware of those limits. If I look at the I+E Tour two years ago and The Joshua Tree this year and even the 360º Tour a few years back, I never exhausted my ticket limit anyway. So you may be actually right. My guess is that the european leg of the E+I Tour will be stadiums, but it'd not make sense considering the stage configuration of the 2015's tour at all!

Contacted the mods but so far no response. When I was speaking to U2.com supervisor she basically said I was lying when I said the mods on here have been able to fix this for some people.

Looks like GA's are gone for LA Forum show :(

To the Mods, sent you guys a PM but you can lay low on it because I really just want GA's
Will wait on any added shows to LA Forum.  Thanks!

This is such a crazy mess....  will hope for more shows added AND pray not getting shut-out for those!

Edited by phanatix

34 minutes ago, usceltic said:

Contacted the mods but so far no response. When I was speaking to U2.com supervisor she basically said I was lying when I said the mods on here have been able to fix this for some people.

The U2.com phone staff are wrong. The mods are getting things done. You might as well beat your head against a wall when you call U2.com . Check with the mods. They are fixing things.