Sign in to follow this  
beachangel

Anyone Receive the Email Today?

Got the second email saying  the first email was a mistake and i am not eligible for experience presale code.  Renewed my subscription now valid until june 2019. . My first u2 gig was at tiffanys ballroom in Glasgow, i believe 1979. Hoepful y this gets sorted this morning. If not I will have gone to my last u2 concert and will not be buying any more cds or tshirts etc.  

1 hour ago, danknapp said:

I don't think texts have gone out yet...

I think texts have alrady been sent. In my case, they sent me an email with the code because sms couldn’t be sent due to country codes.

Link and code ready for presale.

I received the email. I'm shocked. I contacted the moderators of this forum, following those guidelines :

Anyone who received the "NOT ELIGIBLE" email please send this information via PM to the Moderation team:

Name (as registered and it appears in your profile)

Display Name (as it appears in your profile)

Login Name (as it appears in your profile)

Presale Group

When did you resubscribe? (Did you resubscribe recently for this presale and did all the verification process? or Did you resubscribe earlier, did all the verification process and got the green VERIFIED box?
Date for the end of your subscription cycle
Please also send your Order #
thanks

DO NOT PUBLISH THIS INFORMATION HERE IN THE THREAD - SEND IT VIA PM

"We're not sure what's going on or what's going to happen." - the folks on the U2 support line just now regarding those of us who got the "Correction" email this morning.

They're very apologetic and trying to figure it out, but it's not looking good. 

Please help! I can't get through to U2.com by phone. I'm in experience. Didn't get any emails or a text. I'm not a scalper. Paid subscriber since U2.com came into existence... Propaganda before that. All I want is a code so I can get tickets to see a show. Help! 

Ugh... I can’t even get through on the phone, I keep getting busy signals. My local experience presale starts in 90minutes... I really need to get this cleared up...

I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ingrida said:

I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over. 

Just terrible if true. 

2 minutes ago, Ingrida said:

That is how the Verified program normally works, but it did sound like U2 was using it just to remove scalpers and make sure everyone in the fan club got a code. I'm on hold with them now, but sounds like I'm wasting my time... ack.

Eff this. So innocence group people will get codes when some experience people do not?

REFUND!!

5 minutes ago, dmbfan36 said:

Eff this. So innocence group people will get codes when some experience people do not?

REFUND!!

Only the Innocence people who also win the lottery, it would seem...

5 minutes ago, dmbfan36 said:

REFUND!!

Not everyone in the Innocence group will be getting codes either. Only the people picked by whatever nonsense system that Ticketmaster has made up are getting presale access. Everyone else is not getting anything.

6 hours ago, AP1 said:

Hi, thanks for all your hard work.

I have not yet received any confirmation email re: 11/14 presale (I'm in the Experience group) and my set up was complete last week. Nothing in my spam box either.

Never did get the confirmation email, but I did receive the purchase link and code via text a little while ago. Good luck to everyone.

I got both emails (the "you're verified and will receive your code in the morning" one and then the "correction - no you're not" one about two hours later) last night.  I truly was mentally prepared to get screwed and not get approved, as I had already registered for the Citibank "verified fan" presale just in case I got shut out on this one.  I realize that even having membership didn't guarantee me a presale code.

But to be sent a "you're in" email and then receive a "oh, we're sorry, we screwed up, you're actually not...." message afterward is just wrong.  Crushing.  Someone's head should roll on this one.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jeffwalsh said:

Only the Innocence people who also win the lottery, it would seem...

Right, but if eXPERIENCE people are shutout. All innocence should be... that’s how seniority works.

did you get a rep, or are you still on hold? I keep getting busy signals.

Just now, dmbfan36 said:

did you get a rep, or are you still on hold? I keep getting busy signals.

Still on hold...

thanks u2 for play with us correct fans...... i'm very sad

Please let us know what they tell you on the phone. Because the guy I talked to said, as a result of adding the verified fan to the presale access, that means not everyone is getting a presale code. And if you either didn't get the email or if you got the one saying they made a mistake that you're shut out, then you're not getting a code. This supposed lottery has caused a large number of actual fans to get shut out from getting a presale code.