Sign in to follow this  
beachangel

Anyone Receive the Email Today?

Wow, this is garbage. Totally expecting to get screwed in the Innocence pre-sale now. Lotteries are a terrible system. I feel bad for the people left out. 

This is getting to be a little much. First time in 25 years that this fan is not going to get tix this way. I don't get it. I just don't....

3 minutes ago, Ingrida said:

Please let us know what they tell you on the phone. Because the guy I talked to said, as a result of adding the verified fan to the presale access, that means not everyone is getting a presale code. And if you either didn't get the email or if you got the one saying they made a mistake that you're shut out, then you're not getting a code. This supposed lottery has caused a large number of actual fans to get shut out from getting a presale code.

I didn't get an email at all last night (or this morning), but I did get the code texted to me. Hope it all works out for everyone.

I got through on the (949) 333-4820 number. It's listed as "for outside US" but I think it goes to the same place. 

4 minutes ago, hhayes9009 said:

What a mess.

Same as it ever was, unfortunately.  As much as I love U2, these presales (and the GA lines to get into shows) are always complete fiascos.

I'm in the Innocence group and hope to get a code tomorrow, but the 2-tier system seems pretty ridiculous if people in the higher tier don't get a code and people in the lower tier do.

JRjr

This is all so bizarre.   I only got one email saying I was verified BUT never received a text.   I checked my email and I had an email from ticketmaster saying that my phone number would not work so they texted me code & link.     So - if anyone has not received a code, check your email.      I need to figure out why my phone number didn't work however -- never thought to ask whether or not to put dashes in the phone number when I added it (1-222-2222).    Maybe I should have left them out?     Would kill me if I won a Springsteen/Broadway lottery and missed it because I entered my number incorrectly!

Edited by beachangel

Finally got through, and they basically said if you got that e-mail, you won't be getting a code today... they basically don't know what is going on, since they also told me it wasn't guaranteed and that it was first-come, first-served, which is also untrue.

Edited by jeffwalsh

1 minute ago, kitw said:

I got through on the (949) 333-4820 number. It's listed as "for outside US" but I think it goes to the same place. 

Yeah, it’s the same thing... busy signals.

1 minute ago, jeffwalsh said:

Finally got through, and they basically said if you got that e-mail, you won't be getting a code today... they basically don't know what is going on, since they also told me it was guaranteed and that it was first-come, first-served, which is also untrue.

Did you request a refund?

1 minute ago, dmbfan36 said:

Did you request a refund?

No, I'll wait until I lose the lottery for rollover dates first. ;-)

I also know from previous Ticketmaster Verified run-ins that they do keep track of you, and that they can offer you tickets before anyone else in the future, or only tell that group if more tickets are released, etc.

Edited by jeffwalsh

So it seems like people are getting an e-mail saying that "you are successfully signed up for the program" (which apparently just means you're in the lottery), so when you get a follow-up message, it may contain a code or a rejection.  Is there an actual mistake happening in the communication, or did we just not understand how the new program was supposed to work?  (Just trying to understand what's going on so I'll know what to expect tomorrow...)

JRjr

33 minutes ago, Ingrida said:

I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over. 

And so is my looooog time fan club subscription.

1 minute ago, Jerry Ray said:

So it seems like people are getting an e-mail saying that "you are successfully signed up for the program" (which apparently just means you're in the lottery), so when you get a follow-up message, it may contain a code or a rejection.  Is there an actual mistake happening in the communication, or did we just not understand how the new program was supposed to work?  (Just trying to understand what's going on so I'll know what to expect tomorrow...)

We all got e-mails that said "You Have Been Selected For Verified Subscriber Presale Ticket Access" with all the details about when we would be receiving codes and such this morning, and an hour later, we got told that e-mail was sent by accident and that we wouldn't be getting codes.

It certainly is the end of the fan club if they go to a lottery. I mean, that is the system they use for bands who don't have fan clubs, but it makes no sense in this case.

4 minutes ago, jamesb said:

And so is my looooog time fan club subscription.

Same. I hate all of this! Shut out for the first time in decades. I'm not a scalper. Just a long time devoted fan whose spent a small fortune on this band. Feels great... 

I would've rather not gotten any emails from them than to have them send me one saying I was picked only to get another one soon after saying they made a mistake and that I wasn't going to get a code after all. That's the part that hurts the most in my opinion.

Has anyone who got the 'Not Eligible' email had a positive response with either a moderator or with Ticketmaster Customer Service where their problem was resolved and they now have a code? 

I got rejected for some unknown reason.  Both my husband and I have been fan club members since Propaganda days.  This is a total cluster.  I received a verification email yesterday and this morning received a correction email saying I was rejected.

BULLSHIT!!  C'mon Larry.  Fix this please. You've always looked out for the fans!