Sign in to follow this  
beachangel

Anyone Receive the Email Today?

3 minutes ago, rvh95 said:

Has anyone who got the 'Not Eligible' email had a positive response with either a moderator or with Ticketmaster Customer Service where their problem was resolved and they now have a code? 

Very curious about this...

I've heard nothing since I renewed my membership.  Someone just told me though that you had to sign up separately to get presale codes for specific concerts, and that if you didn't you don't get to be part of the presale?  Is that true?  I could find no info that verified that.

And since I didn't do that, does that mean I'm right out of luck for presale tickets??!

Dreading the announcements around the european dates. 

This sounds like an absolute shambles. 

Assume the resale sites are already full of tickets.......

Just now, russellscarbro said:

Dreading the announcements around the european dates. 

That's the problem, they did it backwards this year. Usually they announce Europe first, have issues, and get all of this stuff resolved before the US dates go onsale... ;-)

2 minutes ago, Thallster said:

I've heard nothing since I renewed my membership.  Someone just told me though that you had to sign up separately to get presale codes for specific concerts, and that if you didn't you don't get to be part of the presale?  Is that true?  I could find no info that verified that.

And since I didn't do that, does that mean I'm right out of luck for presale tickets??!

Yes, you had to sign up for presales separately, but you should have received an e-mail from U2 about it in advance...

1 minute ago, jeffwalsh said:

Yes, you had to sign up for presales separately, but you should have received an e-mail from U2 about it in advance...

Hmm.  Definitely did not get an email about this.  I have the big 'Setup Complete' Box, and thought that is as far as I got assuming I was done.  Did I miss a critical step and am now out of luck?

1 minute ago, Thallster said:

Hmm.  Definitely did not get an email about this.  I have the big 'Setup Complete' Box, and thought that is as far as I got assuming I was done.  Did I miss a critical step and am now out of luck?

If you linked your Ticketmaster and U2.com accounts, that was the process for signing up... well, we thought it was signing up for the code, but it seems like it was entering the lottery for the code.

2 minutes ago, usceltic said:

yep resale sites already full of tickets. will not be buying one

In an effort to keep out scalpers, they kept out fans and let scalpers in. Fantastic! 

Same thing here... Propaganda member for over 25 years, have seen every tour since ZooTV,

Was just shafted out of attending the St Louis show due to riots, and now U2 leaves us out in the cold in the name of hitting the scalpers where it hurts.  Really guys?  Already had to have credit card verified swipe to get in JT... how much more "secure" do these shows have to be?

Looks like U2 is erring on the side of blocking their longest and most loyal fans  -- BUT NOT BEFORE THEY HIT ME UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL THAT HADN'T EXPIRED!!  :-(

Edited by bamachester

I have no proof to back this up, but my thought is that this is NOT a lottery system.  I believe Ticketmaster Verified Fan program is hyper-sensitive and automatically shut-out some accounts that looked suspicious.  I bought tickets to U2i&e and JT30 for several cities and I believe the Verified Fan algorithm looked at my purchase history and red-flagged me as suspicious.  Pretty bogus as most of my tickets were credit card entry GA.  How could I scalp a ticket when I need my own credit card at multiple venues?  The cold reality is I expect my Ticketmaster account to be shut-out of the general onsale as well.  The whole tour is Fan Verified, and I'm on the blacklist now.  Hopefully U2 can respond quickly to the negative feedback.  I just urge all fans in the same boat to light up the boards so they hear us.  Someone once told me the power of the people is greater than the people in power.

This is an industry that survives entirely on the backs of fans.  Ticketmaster / LiveNation take advantage of us and provide terrible experiences for us every day.

4 minutes ago, FastCars12 said:

In an effort to keep out scalpers, they kept out fans and let scalpers in. Fantastic! 

VERY TRUE!!!

I doubt that U2 as a group is even aware about this screwup! F**K IT!

4 minutes ago, rvh95 said:

I have no proof to back this up, but my thought is that this is NOT a lottery system.  I believe Ticketmaster Verified Fan program is hyper-sensitive and automatically shut-out some accounts that looked suspicious.

OK, but I was able to purchase Verified tickets to Harry Styles previously?

1 minute ago, khoobo said:

VERY TRUE!!!

I doubt that U2 as a group is even aware about this screwup! F**K IT!

They need to be. It's embarrassing for them. I'm just so frustrated with all of this. I won't even get into the multiple calls to U2.com in the weeks leading up to this just to get set up properly. Now this. Just shaking my head in disbelief here

they tell actual fans they can't buy tickets because they didn't meet ticketmaster's ridiculous requirements, all in the name of stopping scalping..  yet are charging over $325 for half-decent seats and putting most of the good stuff in expensive VIP packages.  who is scalping who again?  and btw, congrats..  you didn't get tickets and now ticketmaster has your contact information for spamming you.

4 minutes ago, SpookTKE said:

Maybe U2 will add a night exclusively for us rejects :) 

...and will pay for all travel arrangements... Certainly :/ They have no clue aboutwhat is going no...

20 minutes ago, rvh95 said:

I have no proof to back this up, but my thought is that this is NOT a lottery system.  I believe Ticketmaster Verified Fan program is hyper-sensitive and automatically shut-out some accounts that looked suspicious.  I bought tickets to U2i&e and JT30 for several cities and I believe the Verified Fan algorithm looked at my purchase history and red-flagged me as suspicious.  Pretty bogus as most of my tickets were credit card entry GA.  How could I scalp a ticket when I need my own credit card at multiple venues?  The cold reality is I expect my Ticketmaster account to be shut-out of the general onsale as well.  The whole tour is Fan Verified, and I'm on the blacklist now.  Hopefully U2 can respond quickly to the negative feedback.  I just urge all fans in the same boat to light up the boards so they hear us.  Someone once told me the power of the people is greater than the people in power.

Nope. I only bought tickets for each tour in Boston and got shut out.

Did they push back the presale date? saw this on TM Presale starts on Wed 11/15/17 @ 01:00 pm EST

sorry, that appeared to be another TM glitch.  Looks like it is on....................

Edited by SpookTKE
add info