Sign in to follow this  
beachangel

Anyone Receive the Email Today?

43 minutes ago, SpookTKE said:

so did this only happen to a few of us....................seems like a small crowd IMO

no idea! maybe many more who did not see the tweets as to how to find out? and their phone lines are JAMMED

*****EVERYONE READ THIS*****

It took me 30 minutes of REDIALS to get through by phone, but I spoke to a customer service representative at U2.COM just now.  She told me that registration at U2.COM and subsequent verification with Ticketmaster enters you into a LOTTERY to get a code by text, not a guaranteed delivery of a code.  She said that this detail was spelled out in the subscription service or one of the e-mails, but I can't find that anywhere.  She said that if you didn't receive a code this morning, you weren't selected as part of the LOTTERY.  Because of the "confusion", they are offering a full refund to your subscription here.

4 minutes ago, nbougas said:

It took me 30 minutes of REDIALS to get through by phone, but I spoke to a customer service representative at U2.COM just now.  She told me that registration at U2.COM and subsequent verification with Ticketmaster enters you into a LOTTERY to get a code by text, not a guaranteed delivery of a code.  She said that this detail was spelled out in the subscription service or one of the e-mails, but I can't find that anywhere.  She said that if you didn't receive a code this morning, you weren't selected as part of the LOTTERY.  Because of the "confusion", they are offering a full refund to your subscription here.

(Thanks for reporting back)

1. That's garbage. No reason to do that. Every eligible member should get a chance at tickets.

2. I wonder if those who got screwed will get a chance at the add-on shows, or is it the same "winners" and codes for those shows?

Edited by lowlight10

ALERT! I'm one of the "CORRECTED" people who thought I was out of luck but I just got a text with a code!!! Gonna wait until 10am PT to see if it works for LA but fingers crossed! 

HUGE thanks to all the mods who've been working on this all day. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 4.28.58 PM.png

Somehow, I just got texted a code 90 minutes after the presale began, and still somehow got two GA tickets for Philly?! I'm not going to ask questions, but it somehow worked out... so maybe they are fixing things?

1 minute ago, kitw said:

ALERT! I'm one of the "CORRECTED" people who thought I was out of luck but I just got a text with a code!!! Gonna wait until 10am PT to see if it works for LA but fingers crossed! 

My message hasn't even been read, so I doubt I will get any help

1 hour ago, rbrandonpalmer said:

HELP!!!!! WHERE IS MY CODE?

Got an email saying I was good to go and would get a text.  then got another email saying nevermind.?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

4 minutes ago, rbrandonpalmer said:

I need help!!!

Try sending a message to the mods (max tsukino, bigwave, mich40) with this info: Good luck, because they are very overloaded. I messaged at 7am CST and nothing has changed here.

Name (as registered and it appears in your profile):

email (as registered and it appears in your profile): 

Display Name (as it appears in your profile): 

Login Name (as it appears in your profile): 

When did you resubscribe? (Did you resubscribe recently for this presale and did all the verification process? or Did you resubscribe earlier, did all the verification process and got the green VERIFIED box?

Date for the end of your subscription cycle: 

Presale group: 

Please also send your Order #: 

Edited by toyoracer

Finally got my code 15 minutes ago and was able to buy two Red Zone for Montreal. Phew, that was a stressful morning.

If you haven't gotten your code, there's still hope.

17 minutes ago, kitw said:

Me too!! Shockingly I was able to buy GA tix for Boston even though the sale had started 90 minutes prior!

Thank you, mod team!

27 minutes ago, nbougas said:

Dear God. This has to be a joke. I feel like I feel like I was kicked in the teeth today. My years of membership dating back to propaganda, thousands and thousands of dollars spent over the years and this is what it got me. Sorry if I'm being a bit dramatic but this is completely unreal to me. Still holding out hope I guess but I not banking on it. 

Edited by FastCars12

Still waiting on a code, if that even happens. I'm at work, so I really can't devote time to this this, but finding it hard to focus :(

• Like 1

This is a crazy! I e-mailed the Moderators, but I'm guessing they are COMPLETELY INUNDATED and aren't getting info out to anyone anymore due to the volume.  I can't imagine anyone having any luck at this point.  I already found DC tickets on Stub Hub for $418/each for General Admission.  Nice job U2.COM, this process is really eliminating those scalpers getting tickets.  I'm glad the real fans are getting pushed aside; I really feel appreciated!

10 minutes ago, toyoracer said:

How are people getting codes? Did you guys request help or maybe this is randomized, too?

I was working with Max on here to resolve it, e-mailed Ticketmaster support, and called the u2.com support line. Can't say which one did the trick...

2 minutes ago, jeffwalsh said:

I was working with Max on here to resolve it, e-mailed Ticketmaster support, and called the u2.com support line. Can't say which one did the trick...

No one has seen my message. I can't call at work. Would TM even help on this issue at this point? 

I don't think I've seen a worse fan club disaster than this one today. Instead of giving their fans access to get tickets, they place them in a bogus lottery with a "chance" to get tickets after paying for a subscription with the "chance" to get a code. What complete and utter fucking bullshit. Way to screw your fans over U2. Bravo!

4 minutes ago, 2000_man said:

I don't think I've seen a worse fan club disaster than this one today. Instead of giving their fans access to get tickets, they place them in a bogus lottery with a "chance" to get tickets after paying for a subscription with the "chance" to get a code. What complete and utter fucking bullshit. Way to screw your fans over U2. Bravo!

100% AGREE. And I do not think that any refund of membership fee ever covers the amount of disapointment that each verified member had to go through. Not even talking about time you need to spend to firefight this and figure out WTF is going on here...

I believe U2 as a group needs to get at least beedback on this and do their actions for wrong decision they allowed thier managment to make.

I finally got the texts at exactly 5:27 pm my local time (GMT+1). All in all, I don't think i'm gonna be able to get the tickets i wanted. Talk about "the blackout"...

Been a U2 subscriber since the Propaganda days and I remember that I could get my tickets for the Elevation Tour without any hassle. From then on I've been a verified experience member and been able to get tickets for every show i wanted during presale, even when depending on your verified member seniority you had different windows for presages, Vertigo Tour on, if i remember properly.

Now that the ticket limit has been downsized from 4 to 2 and after the horrible experience of today's presale, I only want to express my enormous disappointment about the whole process.

Finally, please elevate this to the higher staff and powers that be so that you can have it rectified in time for the european leg presale next year. Codes MUST be sent to  those who are entitled to ON TIME!

One little piece of advice: the different windows according to member seniority was such a good idea.

•  
Edited by ivdf