Sign in to follow this  
sparky77

Are GAs "credit card entry"?

Hey,

Just got the U2.com pre sale email.  It doesn't say whether GAs will be credit card entry, or whether they will be hard tickets.  

Mods, do you know the answer to this question?  Or will we just find out tomorrow during the onsale?

Thank you! :)

No one knows yet (a major oversight by TM or LiveNation, seriously inconveniencing everyone).  But, given the last 2 tours, very likely.

8 minutes ago, onelynne said:

Just purchased two GA for the Washington, DC show, and my only option was hard copy.

Same for Philadelphia.  Oddly, having tickets mailed cost $1 less than picking up at box office.

How do I buy GA tickets? I can't find the option when I go to purchase tickets. I'm in the experience group and have access to tickets but they are seated or packaged - not what I want.

EDIT: Big ol' idiot over here. I figured it out and got my tickets.

Edited by u2gamer

42 minutes ago, onelynne said:

Just purchased two GA for the Washington, DC show, and my only option was hard copy.

Well, unfortunately this will make tickets much harder to get.  The scalpers will be swarming during the general sale.  Credit card entry was a pain but I never had an issue getting GA.

1 hour ago, lowlight10 said:

Well, unfortunately this will make tickets much harder to get.  The scalpers will be swarming during the general sale.  Credit card entry was a pain but I never had an issue getting GA.

Yes, I was quite surprised it's not cc entry.

I got MTL GAs - and the only option was via mail. 

Doesn't Hard tickets defeat the whole purpose of preventing scalping ? agreed , i preferred cc entry too .. 

Montreal GA is mailed hard copy with no box office option. 

28 minutes ago, lowlight10 said:

Yes, I agree.  I got MSG and Newark tix this morning-- Both are hard copy tickets.  There were things I hated about credit card entry (i.e., not being able to sell a ticket when I couldn't attend a show b/c I got sick at last minute), but I really do think cc entry cut down on scalpers b/c it was harder for them to sell.   This time around, there will be tons of GAs on scalper websites / eBay....   Oh well.  

Thanks for the replies everyone!  

25 minutes ago, lowlight10 said:

Not necessarily... If the Verified Fan process works from here through to the Verified Fan onsale as they are anticipating, then scalper TM accounts will have a harder time getting an access code to purchase before the "Verified Fans" get their chance at getting tickets. Even the general on sale is by access code only, right? 

Either way, there are always promotional and venue VIP / season ticket holder tickets that are released for every show that scalpers have ways of getting access to. CC entry wouldn't prevent that. 

I love that hard tickets are an option in Philadelphia, so i can control who ultimately uses my tickets in the end if I can't make it, not TM. 

1 minute ago, jerry51 said:

Not necessarily... If the Verified Fan process works from here through to the Verified Fan onsale as they are anticipating, then scalper TM accounts will have a harder time getting an access code to purchase before the "Verified Fans" get their chance at getting tickets. Even the general on sale is by access code only, right?

I don't see Verified Fan deterring scalpers. It seems like just a way of TM getting more of our info (a phone number they can text). The bigger touts have deals with TM to get tickets and the smaller ones register just like the rest of us. Now they'll be able to get GA too.

3 minutes ago, lowlight10 said:

I don't see Verified Fan deterring scalpers. It seems like just a way of TM getting more of our info (a phone number they can text). The bigger touts have deals with TM to get tickets and the smaller ones register just like the rest of us. Now they'll be able to get GA too.

Oh, sorry, i didn't realize you had inside access to how this new process works (or doesn't). Source for your statements, or just skeptical speculation? 

If scalpers have that kind of "deal" with TM, then there would also be ways for them to sell tickets without cc access requirements. The loser in that scenario is the standard fan as well...the one who can't give their tickets to a friend if they can't make it. 

1 minute ago, jerry51 said:

Oh, sorry, i didn't realize you had inside access to how this new process works (or doesn't). Source for your statements, or just skeptical speculation? 

If scalpers have that kind of "deal" with TM, then there would also be ways for them to sell tickets without cc access requirements. The loser in that scenario is the standard fan as well...the one who can't give their tickets to a friend if they can't make it. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/paradise-papers/2017/11/09/montreal-scalper-scooping-up-tickets-by-the-hundreds-at-lightning-speed-to-big-names-like-adele-ed-sheeran-and-drake-then-selling-them-back-to-you-at-huge-profits.html

Not sure why I'm getting attitude, but I've been going to shows for decades and credit-card entry has almost always helped. I've had to eat some non-transferable tickets, but I know that going in.  As I said above, credit-card entry wasn't perfect, but at least it gave fans a chance.

4 minutes ago, lowlight10 said:

As I said above, credit-card entry wasn't perfect, but at least it gave fans a chance.

You have no idea if this new system will work better or not.

Plus, you really should read what you're posting to support your speculation before you post it... Where is this scalper's "deal" with ticketmaster to get tickets? 

There isn't a "deal" with TM to get tickets!.. Instead, the article alleges that he bought tickets with bots... something the Verified Fan process is supposed to be better at preventing:

Tickets were charged to 15 different names and aliases used by Lavallee and his organization who appear making the purchases from 12 different locations in three countries — addresses that mostly point to UPS stores.

“What he is doing is sending something — a bot — a robot — into the system,” said the source. “He just bought 100 tickets and he probably bought them in less than an hour. And that is not possible. It’s not physically possible.”

Lavallee’s ongoing success points to the use of increasingly refined bot technology that hits ticketing outlets hundreds of times a minute.

Genuine fans . . . (are) . . . being denied access because somebody is using technology potentially to sweep up large amounts of tickets and then immediately sell them (for) huge profits to people. It’s really denying proper access to a market.”

6 minutes ago, jerry51 said:

You have no idea if this new system will work better or not.

Plus, you really should read what you're posting to support your speculation before you post it... Where is this scalper's "deal" with ticketmaster to get tickets? 

There isn't a "deal" with TM to get tickets!.. Instead, the article alleges that he bought tickets with bots... something the Verified Fan process is supposed to be better at preventing:

TicketMaster has it's own resale site. You think they care about stopping scalpers?

I'm not interested in a back and forth with you.  You seem angry and looking for a fight, and I'm not.

Good luck.

Edited by lowlight10

2 minutes ago, lowlight10 said:

TicketMaster has it's own resale site. You think they care about stopping scalpers?

I'm not interested in a back and forth with you.  You seem angry and looking for a fight, and I'm not.

Good luck.

All you're doing is changing your story with each statement. Ticketmaster resale or stubhub has nothing to do with how one gets tickets to begin with. 

Give the verified fan process a chance to do what it says it does instead of claiming to other fans that it won't work without evidence.