Sign in to follow this  
drs557

Tickets prices

Well...I am sad to say that this tour may be my swan song for live U2 shows. I have been to multiple shows on every tour since Zoo TV and came to a crushing reality yesterday. I am 40 years old and have spent thousands of dollars traveling to see this band play and I just can no longer line the pockets of a band that seems to becoming disconnected from its fans and reality. I, like so many, was rather upset not to get GA. However, I sucked it up and used my code on a pair of upper level seats in Nashville. However, as soon as I bought them, I had a feeling I have never had when buying U2 tickets. Excitement was replaced with regret and buyers remorse. Its bad enough to have been a fan for this long and not get the seats you want but then to actually feel ripped off for getting any seat is a sign my time with U2 has come to an end. I should feel thankful that I even got tickets given that so many were left in the cold and did not even get tickets. This who process has taken the joy out of what once felt like Christmas morning. Just can't support it anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Mott said:

Well...I am sad to say that this tour may be my swan song for live U2 shows. I have been to multiple shows on every tour since Zoo TV and came to a crushing reality yesterday. I am 40 years old and have spent thousands of dollars traveling to see this band play and I just can no longer line the pockets of a band that seems to becoming disconnected from its fans and reality. I, like so many, was rather upset not to get GA. However, I sucked it up and used my code on a pair of upper level seats in Nashville. However, as soon as I bought them, I had a feeling I have never had when buying U2 tickets. Excitement was replaced with regret and buyers remorse. Its bad enough to have been a fan for this long and not get the seats you want but then to actually feel ripped off for getting any seat is a sign my time with U2 has come to an end. I should feel thankful that I even got tickets given that so many were left in the cold and did not even get tickets. This who process has taken the joy out of what once felt like Christmas morning. Just can't support it anymore. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I couldn't even afford any tickets in Nashville. So I'm not going at all. 

I used to be mad about this band. Now I'm just meh. I think this might be the last year I subscribe to the fanclub too.

I think U2 has taken the eXPERIENCE and iNNOCENCE thing a little too far. Not sure losing your iNNOCENCE to the financial sodomy the ticket prices are is the eXPERIENCE fans really wanted. What does Guy O'Seary have on Bono that the band signed off on these ticket prices?

Price (eventually) does matter.

As an example, as of yesterday evening, there seemed to be a pretty good mix (all pricing levels) of tickets available in Atlanta...not the best seat in each price location, but not to the rafters yet either, even in the "moderate" ($175) sections.  It's a tiny (relatively speaking) arena too, not sure there really is that bad a seat there (at least on the sides) given the size of the stage/screen/etc.  Unfortunately there was no GA at any point during the day yesterday for me personally, but maybe a few got lucky.

Then, when the Citi presale hit this morning, GA briefly was available.  Everything left from the day prior in the non-$329 sections seemed to start disappearing, though (not sure if any new non-GA tickets were available briefly or not).  But right now, nothing but $329 sections (which are only at the lower level - full length between stages) available.  But there are still many very good (like 5 rows from the floor a few minutes ago) $329 seats of those available...almost can't believe I'm not trying to buy any more myself!  So it would seem price eventually does get too high, no matter how the good the seats are, no matter how good the band is...