Sign in to follow this  
skeegan68

NO TEXT WITH PRESALE CODE HELP!!!

What the heck. Paid for a code and I was already  a subscriber and NO CODE. 

People were depending on me for their 1st U2 concert.

I want my GA tickets

Where do we go to request a refund for the fanclub that we paid for twice to get a code and didn't receive one?

What a total and complete clusterfuck this presale was.

I eventually did receive an e-mail with the code. It was in the Clutter section of my Outlook. Outlook users, be sure to check that!

What a horrible experience.  I never received a code although I was verified and membership was up to date.  I emailed several times with no response..  I called and spoke to a U2.com rep, his supervisor, and then his manager who all said the same ridiculous thing.  My 20 year fan club membership gives me the opportunity to get a code but it does not guarantee a code.  Apparently this has changed and is in small print somewhere.  They said it is to ensure scalpers and bots don't get the tickets and that fan club members do.  I'm not sure what kind of logic the brass at U2.com are following but it makes absolutely no sense to me.  After a 45 minute phone call trying to shed some light on their poor handling of the situation I got nowhere.  The only option I had was to cancel my membership and get a refund which I did.  Aweful!

Still no code and its Tuesday 11/21.  I have missed the presale, I have missed the general on-sale, sent 2 messages to u2.com help, 1 message to Ticketmaster support.  Nothing..  The only communication I have received is the automated message:

Thanks for your email!

A Fan Club Support rep should get back to you within 12 hours.

Please don’t reply to this email as it won’t get forwarded to a representative. Be assured that we will answer your original email ASAP!

Thanks for being a fan!

I am a pretty patient person and realize these ticket sales always disappoint in some way but this is absolutely ridiculous.   I will be disputing my u2.com membership fee with my credit card company and encourage everyone else screwed in this mess to do the same.  U2 can get their money from Visa, not me.

Oh and StubHub is full of bootleg tickets.  Great job!

Edited by JasonGrooms