Sign in to follow this  
Ingrida

Verified fan lottery means not all will get presale access

Regardless of whether you're Experience or Innocence presale group, due to the newly instituted Verified Fan lottery, you're not guaranteed to get a pre-sale code. 

I didn't realize this was the case. I was under the impression that all subscribers who followed the steps to renew their subs and link their TM account would get presale access. That is not true. The fact is that if you're not picked by Ticketmaster to get a code, you will not get a code. Period. That goes for both the Citi presale and the Public onsale too. Every ticket for every show across the board for this tour will be sold using this verified fan lottery. 

That is what I have been told by the customer service people for U2.com. Their number is (855) 867-5297.

1 minute ago, thomasdalkowski said:

I have been a member for a while and have experience level. I got an email about getting a presale code and then it was revoked. Why was it revoked?

Because you weren’t selected in the lottery.

Many of us will be seeking refunds. Clearly U2.com didn’t know about this because they clearly stated that we’d all get codes. You just weren’t guaranteed tix once you had a code, as usual. Not giving us codes at all broke a promise, so they’re offering refunds (which is good).

This lottery system is very confusing - if several dates go on presale how do they know how many codes to give out for a nationwide tour ? Some dates/venues will be more popular than others ??

Here's a theory (I'm still optimistic)...  since codes are sent by SMS, maybe codes will be continue to be distributed throughout the day in waves to Experienced members who have been shut-out so far?  Keep your mobiles charged!    

This completely sucks. Had to renew my membership early because I used my code for JT in Detroit. I am very disappointed. I suppose I can only hope that if additional shows are added that I can get a code for those. :-(.

I wonder are they only doing presales on these initial batch of dates? There's no way they won't add more dates. You know the big cities will get at least 4 nights each. All you have to do is look at the schedule and see there are loads of days in between the dates already announced. There's a whole week between LA and Chicago. You know that will end up stretching to possibly 4 nights in LA.

Question is how are they gonna sell those dates? Is it just going to be a general sale? Or will they be doing all this ridiculous fan verification thing again? It clearly doesn't stop touts getting tickets as there were more than ever on stubhub, seatwave etc just after the presale happened. That's not fans putting them up on there!

I think they should have just put every show up at the same time, so people would have gotten something, rather than so many fans getting nothing at all.

10 hours ago, DBUGGY said:

You know the big cities will get at least 4 nights each. All you have to do is look at the schedule and see there are loads of days in between the dates already announced. There's a whole week between LA and Chicago. You know that will end up stretching to possibly 4 nights in LA.

Question is how are they gonna sell those dates?

Additional dates would likely be handled in a similar fashion to the 2015 and 2017 tours.  Rather than going onsale instantly when the first show sells out, they'll be announced the day or week after the first show sells out.  A new onsale date will be scheduled for the new show, including a presale date.  Based on how Verified Fan has worked with other artists, there will be new registration deadlines, and then the process will play out again.