Sign in to follow this  
waves_of_joy

Montreal

Got the email, got the code. I'm in Montreal, Canada, tickets sold through Evenko, not Ticketmaster. Presales have always gone smoothly before. Clicked on the link, got redicted to Evenko by Ticketmaster. Now I'm on the U2 ticket sales page on Evenko, but there is no mention of the fan club presale, only of the general onsale that will take place on Nov. 20. Waiting room should be open by now. Looks like THERE IS NO PRESALE! Anybody in Montreal got around this somehow? 

Go to the Tours Page and click on the link , you'll be redirected to an evenko page (has fanclub in the address)

And I've just purchased a RZ ticket , $400 with all fees . 

Worked for me too.  I linked in from the tour page and got 2 Red Zones.  Site was in french, which made it interesting with my very old high school french, but I got the Red Zone.  Why am I always on Adam's side though?  Just once I'd like RZ on the Edge's side!

It is a real shame the official link didn't work.  I'm sure that is still driving people nuts, but all in all this is a HUGE improvement from the last couple of concerts.  With the correct link, I was in and out quick, with exactly what I wanted. (apart from the side;-)) MUCH better than Ticketmaster.  The "Beats the Bots" may actually be working!

I sent a message to Bigwave and he answered in seconds! So grateful! Got great tickets. Feeling especially grateful and lucky seeing that so many fans didn't get access... 

The Mods, and Big Wave in particular, are great.  He was really helpful with the issue several times previously in the craziness of presales.  Big Wave, tell your boss we think you deserve a raise!

• Like 3

Hi BillHenderson 

Where do you see which section you're in , I can't find the info in my confirmation e-mail

Agree with above comment - it might actually have been faster, being on a non-ticketmaster site.  In and out under 5 min.  Got 2 GAs == 188 Cdn. 

Good luck to everyone .  Hope this beat-the-bots experiment is considered a success. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LdeC said:

Hi BillHenderson 

Where do you see which section you're in , I can't find the info in my confirmation e-mail

well, you're ahead of me.  I don't have a confirmatory email yet.  Checking now.  But the side of the stage showed up in the map when I was ordering.  

Went through the link on the U2.com tour page, got in easy, entered my code and got my two GA tickets!

Looking forward to seeing them in MONTREAL!

• Like 1

Got 2 Red Zone tix for Philly. Was directed right to Wells Fargo Center website to purchase and had them by 10:05. Went off without a hitch but was a little worried when it sent me off of ticketmaster and straight to the arena's website.

3 minutes ago, BillHenderson said:

well, you're ahead of me.  I don't have a confirmatory email yet.  Checking now.  But the side of the stage showed up in the map when I was ordering.  

It took several minutes before the email confirmation came through, I printed the receipt from the site while I was there in case, but just got the email confirmation as well - phew!

L

10 minutes ago, LdeC said:

Hi BillHenderson 

LdeC, I think you can only see your seats when you purchase the tickets... I did a screen shot to send to my friend.

Link never worked for me for Evenko in Montreal so I switched from phone to iPad and went through tours page on U2.com. No GAs, and took several tries to get decent seats. Nerve racking to release seats repeatedly but the gamble paid off. Section 202 on Edge's side. So pumped!

Edited by rowlandh

Thanks BillHenderson

I was in a hurry to finalize the transaction before something went wrong and did not look at the map

Guess I will have a surprise netx June.

Luc

1 minute ago, LdeC said:

Thanks BillHenderson

I was in a hurry to finalize the transaction before something went wrong and did not look at the map

Guess I will have a surprise netx June.

Luc

You can easily find a map of the Bell Centre by doing a Google search though!

My mistake was being in a hurry too.  I think had I just clicked "search again" I might have got the other side. But the last couple of times I've tried to get tickets there were all kinds of problems with the presale (rightly or wrongly I blamed Ticketmaster and Bots) so I was a little panicked not getting in initially.  As soon as I saw tickets I grabbed them.  I'll know for next time.  

For what it's worth, by receipt said:

(RED) ZONE PACKAGE - FCA

the FCA may specify the side.  If yours says FCB that might be an indication you are on Edge's side.  I have no idea.  

OK mine is FCA too so we're probably going to be in the same section : RZ1

Also first time using evenko.ca as opposed to the usual TM.

That said, I was impressed.  It worked very smoothly and I was in and got my 2 in RZ no problem (also FCA).  I like how the evenko receipt breaks down the GA price ($76) and shows the extra for the RZ ($315).

(I was a little worried because i had also clicked open another window when i was checking out how things would work, so had a second window focused on GA tickets....which i also got offered and turned back)

Anyway, good excuse to head back to MTL (has been almost 20 years since I've been there....sigh.)

Edited by myzmak