Sign in to follow this  
laurelb

What a Pain

Why did we bother hooking our TM account? I have all my saved info on there including cc. In the middle of trying to get my tix, I had to register for that site too. We couldn't select our own seats, had to take what was given to us.

• Like 2

Failure on U2’s part to do the verified fan presale. It only mucked things up even worse. All other presales have worked great until this one. 

• Like 1

Waste of time and patience linking to Ticketmaster! I consider myself lucky for getting red zone tix after being directed away from TM then having to register for the Wells Fargo Center ticket site before purchase was completed

• Like 1

Same here. Had to register for a different site called AXS for the Georgia show. It was pretty stressful watching that clock count down with about 60 seconds to go and I'm trying to think of security question answers to create an account from scratch! And when I'd already updated everything on Ticketmaster. Then this new site just emails me a PDF of tickets that I'm supposed to print and bring to the door? How does that limit scalpers? Couldn't I just sell those paper tickets if I wanted? (not that I would)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bagdifo said:

Waste of time and patience linking to Ticketmaster! I consider myself lucky for getting red zone tix after being directed away from TM then having to register for the Wells Fargo Center ticket site before purchase was completed

I completely agree!!!! What was the point of linking our Ticketmaster account if we had to log into the Wells Fargo Center site?? I haven't used that site for years and none of my info was updated. I had to use the forgot password, then add my credit card, etc. I had all of my info on Ticketmaster updated and ready to go. This is complete BS!!! I am so aggravated.

• Like 1

This was a complete failure on U2.com's part for not informing us that we would be redirected to the arena's website to purchase the tickets instead of Ticketmaster. What was the point of doing the verified fan through Ticketmaster??? It took almost 10 minutes for my code to work and then none of my info was updated on the Wells Fargo Site. And $197 with shipping for 2 GA tickets?????

1 minute ago, snorkel said:

Holy cow.. Seriously?!

Yep. I was blown away. I bought them and will figure out how to afford it later LOL :lol:

9 minutes ago, bonobarb said:

This was a complete failure on U2.com's part for not informing us that we would be redirected to the arena's website to purchase the tickets instead of Ticketmaster. What was the point of doing the verified fan through Ticketmaster??? It took almost 10 minutes for my code to work and then none of my info was updated on the Wells Fargo Site. And $197 with shipping for 2 GA tickets?????

Hey, be lucky you even had the chance to get tickets. Some of us didn't even get a damn code when the presale has already started. Complete bullshit.

• Like 1

Just now, 2000_man said:

Hey, be lucky you even had the chance to get tickets. Some of us didn't even get a damn code when the presale has already started. Complete bullshit.

OMG. I know. I'm so sorry. I have just been reading all the horror stories. It is complete bullshit. I wish U2 themselves knew what was going on with this nonsense. I'm not sure whether they do or not but they need to know. I have been a "fan club" member since Propaganda. I LOVED how they did it then. We would get our "invoice" in the mail, choose our show, send in our check and get tickets back that were reserved only for fan club members. This was before the GA craze. The majority of seats on the floor in front of the stage were for fan club members only. That is the way it should always be.

Just now, bonobarb said:

OMG. I know. I'm so sorry. I have just been reading all the horror stories. It is complete bullshit. I wish U2 themselves knew what was going on with this nonsense. I'm not sure whether they do or not but they need to know. I have been a "fan club" member since Propaganda. I LOVED how they did it then. We would get our "invoice" in the mail, choose our show, send in our check and get tickets back that were reserved only for fan club members. This was before the GA craze. The majority of seats on the floor in front of the stage were for fan club members only. That is the way it should always be.

Yes, I miss those days. Now they're in bed with Live Nation and Ticketmaster (one and the same) and they're screwing over their fans that have been going to their shows for years. Just complete and utter incompetence. Whoever was in charge of this completely dropped the ball.

Plus I was waiting for the ticket sale link at the top to go live. It took a while to figure out I had to go to another link that had all the packages and the place you purchase the tix was at the very bottom. That also wasted valuable time. Anyway, I glad I got tix even though I couldn't pick what I wanted and had to go with what was listed.