I couldn't get RedZone to come up at all for NYC. Got them for Philly but they run a different ticketing software that is a Ticketmaster partner, but not standard Ticketmaster site. I had the Philly RZ purchase done in less than 1 minute. Kept trying for NYC and then I just gave up and purchased other seats very close to Adam's side of the stage.

During the iNNOCENCE+eXPERIENCE tour a few years ago, I went to two shows in Madison Square Garden. For one show, I got lower level tickets very similar to the ones I ended up getting today for the June 25th show and they were great seats. (They are also way less money than the RedZone.) For the other show, I did the RedZone and the set up was identical to the diagrams they are showing for MSG for this summer. You get separated into two groups, RZ1 or RZ2, when they line you up at the show. We had great spots - first row on the rail - just a few feet away from The Edge. No, you are not right in the center of the stage, but the view was still awesome.

Edited by dawnboo

5 minutes ago, theladyA said:

No idea...I had to update my CC info in TM and clicked a link that said if I resell them through TM that would be the CC for payment.   Also, for RZ tickets only option was to mail them hard copy (no electronic option this time).  I've read those that got GA got electronic tickets this morning.  Seems like another unclear thing going on...

RZ is will call only, at least for Boston (I assume other cities). Non-transferable. Was that way for JT.  YMMV for MSG due to NY state law that I believe requires a transfer option. 

GA is hard ticketed from what I've read.  Chicago was for sure, and I read DC and Philly were hard tickets also.

15 minutes ago, ScatterofLight said:

are the tickets re-saleable / transferable this time around?  

GA should be transferable, but double check the fine print on your receipt. Ultimately if you got hard tickets they are yours to do what you will.  It would seem the "verified" process, in theory, means fewer scalpers and therefore no need for credit card only entry.  

1 hour ago, theladyA said:

Unfortunately, I think it is the latter and hope a moderator is seeing this. It really is BS that we go through all these hoops to be a verified fan, longstanding, get first access to sales and then the seats fans want most are limited or not available?  I know it's impossible to please everyone and the demand for U2 tickets is off the charts...but....either give it to the fans or don't.  Half-assed and making us figure this out every tour like some mystery of the sphinx is really not fun nor fair.

No Kidding! I had to take a personal day off from work in order to try and get tickets. What is really going to tick me off, is when tomorrow, or Monday other people will have no problem getting GA tickets. I took an unpaid day off for nothing. 

4 hours ago, hobbes4444 said:

RZ is will call only, at least for Boston (I assume other cities). Non-transferable. Was that way for JT.  YMMV for MSG due to NY state law that I believe requires a transfer option. 

GA is hard ticketed from what I've read.  Chicago was for sure, and I read DC and Philly were hard tickets also.

Hobbes you just hit the nail on the other head going on here, how and why is it different in every city?  Red Zone for MSG today was only hard copies and you had to pay to mail them!  They were credit card for JT and electronic for Innocence so unless that's a new NYC law....it isn't consistent.  

On 11/14/2017 at 11:34 AM, theladyA said:

No I am not positive.  In fact, I don't believe we yet know the stage layout and seating of GA/Red Zone for certain.  If they sold RZ1 and RZ2 unlike JT where there was only one Red Zone, then I think it means there will be two RZ sections.  The seat map shown today is the same as Innocence in 2015 and RZ1 was Edge side.  But...you can go from RZ1 to RZ2 after you get in and the GA's are allowed to stampede.  At least that was the case in MSG in 2015.

Looking at the seating charts and stage diagrams, RZ2 is Edge and RZ1 would be Adam. 

Not taking into account the two of them moving around during the show, but those are the sides they'd start on.

To the best of my knowledge, RZ1 is on the right facing the stage (Adam) and RZ2 is on the left facing the Stage (Edge). Several TM venues have maps showing RZ1 and RZ2 that way, and that was how it was for the i&e tour in 2015. There is also a venue seat map floating around from Cali I think showing similar (and more detailed) staging, with a more accurate depiction of the RZs. It looks like — and It would make a lot of sense — that the e&i arena staging will be the same as the i&e arena staging, with RZs at the front corners on both sides. For the i&e tour, where I did RZ from both sides, about 15-20 people could fit on the front rail on each side, with the rest of the RZers behind them and also on a rail that ran roughly parallel to the long video wall down the middle. You had a great view of the screens and from time to time the band members would be directly in front of the RZ folks at the front. It was also far less densely packed than the GA area and many chose to hang out along the “back” rail that ran along the far side forming the traffic alley at the sides of the arena since you still had great views. They also allowed RZers to enter the GA area on the i&e tour since GAers got into the arena well before RZers and took their well-deserved pick of spots.  Some RZers would take the few remaining open rail spots near the b-stage in GA or spots along the video wall  

JT30 RZ was a bit different since it was a stadium setup and the stage itself jutted out to form a Joshua tree with the single RZ. There it wasn’t so great to be front rail for most of the show since you couldn’t see the center of the stage over the walkway. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, theladyA said:

Hobbes you just hit the nail on the other head going on here, how and why is it different in every city?  Red Zone for MSG today was only hard copies and you had to pay to mail them!  They were credit card for JT and electronic for Innocence so unless that's a new NYC law....it isn't consistent.  

Surprised to hear that they are mailing Red Zone tix.  That may be a glitch.  I thought everywhere RZ tix are will call pickup at the venue only.  By contrast, regular GA are being mailed this time around ( I got a pair for Newark thru the Citi onsale this morning), and I think that is because of the verified fan process already being a supposed check on scalping. Whether that will be as effective to deter scalping compared to credit card entry, well that remains to be seen; I suspect a big NO on that one.   

9 hours ago, nsheers said:

To the best of my knowledge, RZ1 is on the right facing the stage (Adam) and RZ2 is on the left facing the Stage (Edge). Several TM venues have maps showing RZ1 and RZ2 that way, and that was how it was for the i&e tour in 2015. There is also a venue seat map floating around from Cali I think showing similar (and more detailed) staging, with a more accurate depiction of the RZs. It looks like — and It would make a lot of sense — that the e&i arena staging will be the same as the i&e arena staging, with RZs at the front corners on both sides. For the i&e tour, where I did RZ from both sides, about 15-20 people could fit on the front rail on each side, with the rest of the RZers behind them and also on a rail that ran roughly parallel to the long video wall down the middle. You had a great view of the screens and from time to time the band members would be directly in front of the RZ folks at the front. It was also far less densely packed than the GA area and many chose to hang out along the “back” rail that ran along the far side forming the traffic alley at the sides of the arena since you still had great views. They also allowed RZers to enter the GA area on the i&e tour since GAers got into the arena well before RZers and took their well-deserved pick of spots.  Some RZers would take the few remaining open rail spots near the b-stage in GA or spots along the video wall  

JT30 RZ was a bit different since it was a stadium setup and the stage itself jutted out to form a Joshua tree with the single RZ. There it wasn’t so great to be front rail for most of the show since you couldn’t see the center of the stage over the walkway. 

Thank you nsheers, such a better and more accurate description than I originally provided.  This is all assuming, of course, that the stage set will be the same as Innocence...I hope like JT, they make some adjustments to the Red Zone areas and allow us closer to the stage (closer than the top part).  Also, for JT some "genius" decided to set up the RZ with the part of the barricade that you can actually sit on or put your leg up on facing the stage so no one could rest any body part.  Really?  How is this ADA compliant too?  

5 minutes ago, hobbes4444 said:

Surprised to hear that they are mailing Red Zone tix.  That may be a glitch.  I thought everywhere RZ tix are will call pickup at the venue only.  By contrast, regular GA are being mailed this time around ( I got a pair for Newark thru the Citi onsale this morning), and I think that is because of the verified fan process already being a supposed check on scalping. Whether that will be as effective to deter scalping compared to credit card entry, well that remains to be seen; I suspect a big NO on that one.   

They will mail the actual ticket, you still have to check in to the Red Zone only area to get your RZ tag.  The ticket is for the scan into MSG.  

3 minutes ago, theladyA said:

They will mail the actual ticket, you still have to check in to the Red Zone only area to get your RZ tag.  The ticket is for the scan into MSG.  

very strange.  perhaps that is to comply with the transferability law in NY state.  but even still, since you can't get the wristbands, etc without showing the CC or ID, why bother mailing it.  could be it was set up wrong in the system.  I've had that happen with springsteen GA before where they allowed print at home and then changed it after the fact to hard tickets only that had to be picked up at the venue.  who knows.  best of luck!!  but once they hit the stage, all this clusterf**k hopefully will be forgotten!!

19 minutes ago, theladyA said:

Thank you nsheers, such a better and more accurate description than I originally provided.  This is all assuming, of course, that the stage set will be the same as Innocence...I hope like JT, they make some adjustments to the Red Zone areas and allow us closer to the stage (closer than the top part).  Also, for JT some "genius" decided to set up the RZ with the part of the barricade that you can actually sit on or put your leg up on facing the stage so no one could rest any body part.  Really?  How is this ADA compliant too?  

Those barricade steps aren't for your comfort, they're for security to stand on so they can see the crowd better. 

53 minutes ago, cerulean said:

Those barricade steps aren't for your comfort, they're for security to stand on so they can see the crowd better. 

A-ha! good purpose....makes sense, I retract...then I wonder who the "genius" was that had them inverted into the RZ for the Innocence tour ;-).  

5 minutes ago, theladyA said:

A-ha! good purpose....makes sense, I retract...then I wonder who the "genius" was that had them inverted into the RZ for the Innocence tour ;-).  

In that configuration, they use the steps from inside the RZ to see into the main GA crowd. 

1 minute ago, cerulean said:

In that configuration, they use the steps from inside the RZ to see into the main GA crowd. 

Yikes, double retract and mute myself.  Thanks.

22 hours ago, johnbrewer said:

i'd call it more than a glitch

On 11/14/2017 at 10:14 AM, theladyA said:

For the past two tours I was in the first group to purchase tickets.  On my computer and refreshed exactly on time.  Both tours got Red Zone tickets (Innocence and JT in  at the MSG and Meadowlands respectively), today I got on for MSG for Experience and no Red Zone tickets were coming up.  I had to change from "Best Available" to specifically hitting radar button for Red Zone seating.  Had to change number of tickets from 2 to 1.  1 came up available and then switched back to 2 as quantity and got them.  This was at 10:09am.  Took 9 minutes so something was glitchy in the system.  Also no GA tickets were coming up available.  None.  Only VIP $695 party tickets and the same lower section, 115.  The release of tickets for this presale, at least in the first 9 minutes was limited, wonky, glitchy and something is still amiss despite attempts to offer longest term fans a pre-presale, verify fan only through TM and you lower supply to them...??? Something smells fishy.  Hope this helps others who want this "experience" too.  :-) Grateful I found what I'm looking for...

Not sure what the glitch you think you have discovered is.  This happens all the time.  Tickets are unavailable because they are in someone's cart.   people that put in best available get the Red zone tickets.    Then they release the tickets because they don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money.  hence the tickets become available when you search later.   

23 minutes ago, Gjachts said:

Not sure what the glitch you think you have discovered is.  This happens all the time.  Tickets are unavailable because they are in someone's cart.   people that put in best available get the Red zone tickets.    Then they release the tickets because they don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money.  hence the tickets become available when you search later.   

The glitch(es) were multiple.  RZ tickets did not appear as you say and I started explaining at the beginning of this thread.  After you selected Red Zone the type of section/package when you allowed the second seating drop down to default to "Best Available" or selected "Best Available" no Red Zone appeared.  You had to manually select Red Zone which at the bottom of the list.  Second glitch was none were coming up, I had to switch to 1 ticket and 1 was available but in checkout I got 2.  Third glitch, was that sections like GA and seats were limited for a presale that was suppose to be about opportunity for fans. So it was "glitchy".  And certainly as this thread and others specifically about GA show that no GA's were coming up...period.  I've been to every U2 show since 1987 follow directions for tickets, have stampeded Ticketmaster on the phone at old "buying booths" etc...and this was the wonkiest to date...and it was suppose to be about making it easier for super fans/regular fans to have availability to get seats (as if we need to segregate fans or as other threads have now discovered were chosen not my longevity but by a lottery for which presale day fans were allowed to participate) all in all fans were selected by an algorithm for access to tickets that were limited and in some cities, sections/areas that were not available in the TM system.  Comes down to fans being given a disadvantage and lack of information about how the system works, getting an unfair treatment in a system, no monopoly, that is ultimately rigged for the highest bidders (bots, 3rd party resellers, and scalpers).  

Edited by theladyA

21 minutes ago, theladyA said:

The glitch(es) were multiple.  RZ tickets did not appear as you say and I started explaining at the beginning of this thread.  After you selected Red Zone the type of section/package when you allowed the second seating drop down to default to "Best Available" or selected "Best Available" no Red Zone appeared.  You had to manually select Red Zone which at the bottom of the list.  Second glitch was none were coming up, I had to switch to 1 ticket and 1 was available but in checkout I got 2.  Third glitch, was that sections like GA and seats were limited for a presale that was suppose to be about opportunity for fans. So it was "glitchy".  And certainly as this thread and others specifically about GA show that no GA's were coming up...period.  I've been to every U2 show since 1987 follow directions for tickets, have stampeded Ticketmaster on the phone at old "buying booths" etc...and this was the wonkiest to date...and it was suppose to be about making it easier for super fans/regular fans to have availability to get seats (as if we need to segregate fans or as other threads have now discovered were chosen not my longevity but by a lottery for which presale day fans were allowed to participate) all in all fans were selected by an algorithm for access to tickets that were limited and in some cities, sections/areas that were not available in the TM system.  Comes down to fans being given a disadvantage and lack of information about how the system works, getting an unfair treatment in a system, no monopoly, that is ultimately rigged for the highest bidders (bots, 3rd party resellers, and scalpers).  

about sums it up for me

I got red zone. Doesn’t specify 1 or 2. How can I know? Tickets were Will Call only. Had to go through the VIP packages to get them. Was very confusing as Wells Fargo center in Philly makes you buy them from their website. The TM app directs you right there. And you need a login with them! Which I didn’t have and had to create. Also didn’t have my credit card info like TM does on file. Was a crazy afternoon. 

16 hours ago, Morgan13 said:

I got red zone. Doesn’t specify 1 or 2. How can I know? Tickets were Will Call only. Had to go through the VIP packages to get them. Was very confusing as Wells Fargo center in Philly makes you buy them from their website. The TM app directs you right there. And you need a login with them! Which I didn’t have and had to create. Also didn’t have my credit card info like TM does on file. Was a crazy afternoon. 

Was the same on TM for Boston where no experience presale RZ tix seemed to be available (kept getting offered standard GA).  There was a drop down for RZ in the options for the experience presale in the third dropdown box (# of tix, type of ticket, location of ticket).   But selecting that was fruitless.  Then I noticed in the second dropdown box an option for VIP RZ.  I selected that rather than the experience presale group and that was how I got my RZ.  Could be the allotment for experience RZ was temporarily exhausted after about 10 seconds (I got in immediately), but a RZ for the fan club just never popped up for me and I was trying for 10 mins.

Certainly confusing, and arguably glitchy. . . many other things were glitchy, especially for the longtime subscribers that didn't get verified or didn't get a code. ..

On 11/16/2017 at 5:35 PM, Morgan13 said:

How much did you pay? If it was around $390, that’s 1 ticket. 

I think the previous post referred to which section of red zone, rz1 (adam)  or rz2 (edge). I misread it at first as well. But it is true that on the chrome browser it was not clear whether you were getting rz1 or rz2 until after going through the purchase process. I wound up with rz2 which was cool...

On 14/11/2017 at 3:14 PM, theladyA said:

For the past two tours I was in the first group to purchase tickets.  On my computer and refreshed exactly on time.  Both tours got Red Zone tickets (Innocence and JT in  at the MSG and Meadowlands respectively), today I got on for MSG for Experience and no Red Zone tickets were coming up.  I had to change from "Best Available" to specifically hitting radar button for Red Zone seating.  Had to change number of tickets from 2 to 1.  1 came up available and then switched back to 2 as quantity and got them.  This was at 10:09am.  Took 9 minutes so something was glitchy in the system.  Also no GA tickets were coming up available.  None.  Only VIP $695 party tickets and the same lower section, 115.  The release of tickets for this presale, at least in the first 9 minutes was limited, wonky, glitchy and something is still amiss despite attempts to offer longest term fans a pre-presale, verify fan only through TM and you lower supply to them...??? Something smells fishy.  Hope this helps others who want this "experience" too.  :-) Grateful I found what I'm looking for...

I managed to select two RZ tickets for MSG a total of 11 times and each time when I thought I’d was going to buy them they were ‘bought’ by another customer. After 14 minutes of shenanigans I managed to buy and complete on two RZ1 tickets for MSG. Very stressful ...roll on Jun !!!