For the past two tours I was in the first group to purchase tickets.  On my computer and refreshed exactly on time.  Both tours got Red Zone tickets (Innocence and JT in  at the MSG and Meadowlands respectively), today I got on for MSG for Experience and no Red Zone tickets were coming up.  I had to change from "Best Available" to specifically hitting radar button for Red Zone seating.  Had to change number of tickets from 2 to 1.  1 came up available and then switched back to 2 as quantity and got them.  This was at 10:09am.  Took 9 minutes so something was glitchy in the system.  Also no GA tickets were coming up available.  None.  Only VIP $695 party tickets and the same lower section, 115.  The release of tickets for this presale, at least in the first 9 minutes was limited, wonky, glitchy and something is still amiss despite attempts to offer longest term fans a pre-presale, verify fan only through TM and you lower supply to them...??? Something smells fishy.  Hope this helps others who want this "experience" too.  :-) Grateful I found what I'm looking for...

Edited by theladyA
  • Like 1

Had the same issue here, but found the Ticketmaster app on my phone to work so much better. Within 8-9 mins I had RZ 1 for Newark & RZ2 for MSG

SO EXCITED! I have to say, I have done about 6-7 presales and this one was awesome. I was never done in 8 minutes. Usually took me 40-50 mins of screaming and cursing

The past two seemed easier to me.  This was glitchy as I said and unclear.  Perhaps because we just got the info yesterday and the codes this morning so know research prep info was available on the seating/packages etc...we all had to wing it.  I considered seats, but the other thing was the same section kept coming up available.  115 which is kind of to right of stage.  Weird.  In any event, glad I'll be in the RZ again.  I like the vibe there and glad it goes to charity.  I've found the ease has been the resale in groups; giving the longer time fans first access has helped.  Not sure about this "verify fan" thing on TM though.....I was about to get mad that no RZ were available.  I wonder what was happening...??  

Are you referring to the Red Zone VIP area or the General Admission? I usually get tickets for Chicago and have never had a problem getting GA tickets in the presale but I really wanted to see them at MSG but I can't even get 1 GA ticket.

Hey Ashley, it appears that the seating chart is the same from the 2015 Innocence Tour.  I believe we don't know yet where exactly the RZ will be or it will be the same.  For JT 2017 they kind of fixed this and made the RZ to the left and right similarly but we were tighter and closer to the stage.  I am hoping and perhaps we should start a new forum/petition that that will be the case.  At the highest price point of tickets, the RZ used to the be the Heart the Ellipse, the place for the fans, now it's GA and a brawl to get close. I understand the demand of true fans, but some of the RZ should be closer access.  Let's hope it is!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gloveman said:

what is the difference between Red Zone One and Two?  How much does Red Zone cost?

RZ1 is the Edge side and RZ2 is the Adam side, to the left and right of stage.  Price is $395 and the highest premium seat cost was $331.  So $64 difference?

I couldn't find an standard GA tickets for MSG...wound up getting tickets to Newark due to GA availability.  I have never had a problem before with getting GA tickets to MSG

I couldn't get RZ up at all for either Newark or Boston.    So I went for 1GA in Newark & 1 seat in loge 12 in Boston.   I'll try for the MSG RZ next week during the general sale (provided I get "chosen" in the electronic lottery of course).    Have to say - I'm pretty happy with my tickets today!!

16 minutes ago, mc9901 said:

I couldn't find an standard GA tickets for MSG...wound up getting tickets to Newark due to GA availability.  I have never had a problem before with getting GA tickets to MSG

I agree, and I think that is part of the glitch.  I kept asking for best available and no GA were coming up as an option either.  Although I wanted RZ....so the question is why have a presale, split fans into groups for access to presale, go through a new "verified" fan connection between U2.com and Ticketmaster and then not offer enough of the seats to those fans?  Something is still amiss.

47 minutes ago, mc9901 said:

Neither did I ! I have never had a problem before. Either DC and MSG sold out in 60 seconds flat, or they only had a very few available.

3 minutes ago, peggy said:

Neither did I ! I have never had a problem before. Either DC and MSG sold out in 60 seconds flat, or they only had a very few available.

Unfortunately, I think it is the latter and hope a moderator is seeing this. It really is BS that we go through all these hoops to be a verified fan, longstanding, get first access to sales and then the seats fans want most are limited or not available?  I know it's impossible to please everyone and the demand for U2 tickets is off the charts...but....either give it to the fans or don't.  Half-assed and making us figure this out every tour like some mystery of the sphinx is really not fun nor fair.

For Boston, I tried at least 10 times for red zone in the experience presale drop down box and each time no availability; offered me standard GA. Then I realized there was a VIP red zone in the packages section, and got one no problem. Very bizarre. Guess this happened in 2015 as well? 

Edited by hobbes4444
Add city

1 hour ago, theladyA said:

RZ1 is the Edge side and RZ2 is the Adam side, to the left and right of stage.  Price is $395 and the highest premium seat cost was $331.  So $64 difference?

are you POSITIVE R1 is Edge?

Hi hobbes,

Yes, that is what happened to me and I started this forum outlining it.  It was a glitch.  I don't remember it being like that for Innocence in 2015 when I got RZ tickets or for JT this year.  I think this first eastern standard time go around presale has/had issues in the programming end or in the supply chain either way....we can point at TM but it is also the responsibility of U2 who is determining the fan levels/access and amount of tickets sold to whom and when.  

Just now, laurabw said:

are you POSITIVE R1 is Edge?

No I am not positive.  In fact, I don't believe we yet know the stage layout and seating of GA/Red Zone for certain.  If they sold RZ1 and RZ2 unlike JT where there was only one Red Zone, then I think it means there will be two RZ sections.  The seat map shown today is the same as Innocence in 2015 and RZ1 was Edge side.  But...you can go from RZ1 to RZ2 after you get in and the GA's are allowed to stampede.  At least that was the case in MSG in 2015.

10 minutes ago, theladyA said:

Hi hobbes,

Yes, that is what happened to me and I started this forum outlining it.  It was a glitch.  I don't remember it being like that for Innocence in 2015 when I got RZ tickets or for JT this year.  I think this first eastern standard time go around presale has/had issues in the programming end or in the supply chain either way....we can point at TM but it is also the responsibility of U2 who is determining the fan levels/access and amount of tickets sold to whom and when.  

I thought I read a post in another thread that mentioned a similar issue on one of the recent tours with only being able to get RZ through the VIP link. Still got the RZ during the presale timeframe, but technically not the fan club presale, if that makes sense... 

There is a lot of blame to direct at TM.  A good friend of mine is in the same boat as others who didn't get verified despite having been a 15 year subscriber. He is an avid concertgoer, travels all over the US for shows, and suddenly is denied access because some horesh*t TM algorithm apparently deems him a scalping threat. I gave up my other presale ticket to him since he got screwed by TM.  So no 2nd show for me unless I'm really lucky. Yes, scalpers join the fan club to get access to the. That sucks. But turning the distribution over to TM sucks worse.

Just now, ScatterofLight said:

are the tickets re-saleable / transferable this time around?  

No idea...I had to update my CC info in TM and clicked a link that said if I resell them through TM that would be the CC for payment.   Also, for RZ tickets only option was to mail them hard copy (no electronic option this time).  I've read those that got GA got electronic tickets this morning.  Seems like another unclear thing going on...