Sign in to follow this  
BVB65

Ticketmaster Sucks

Recommended Posts

The presale started at 10:00 am. Tried to buy tickets and already a message comes up stating tickets are unavailable. Tried to purchase for other shows and the same message comes up. Dozens of you must be calling to complain, as I tried calling them directly and a message stated that due to high call volume, no representatives are available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, U2macphisto said:

Yeah, I've never had this happen.  No GA tickets in Washington available?  Really?

My TM link wasn't immediately working on my laptop, so at 10am I attempted to get GA tickets to Washington on my phone. Three times I was told, "None available." I then switched over to my Ticketmaster account on my laptop again, and my request for GA went through. Not sure why this was the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to get 1 MSG GA, and it was a disaster.  I'd have one selected, click to buy, and it would say "another fan beat me to it" and make me start all over again. I did this 20 or so times and gave up.  Got GA in Newark and Boston no problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great, gives me little confidence when tix go on sale on the west coast! Was hoping there wont be another snafu like JT where tix didnt show up for over an hour. You'd think TM could fix this crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BVB65 said:

The presale started at 10:00 am. Tried to buy tickets and already a message comes up stating tickets are unavailable. Tried to purchase for other shows and the same message comes up. Dozens of you must be calling to complain, as I tried calling them directly and a message stated that due to high call volume, no representatives are available.

Same problem, GA unavailable at most venues. It will be so irritating tomorrow to see people in the next presale group get GA tickets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as the band is trying to get the tickets to the fans, I can gaurantee that the tickets will appear on ticketmasters secondary sites at higher prices. I believe it's ticket master is holding back a lot of rickets. It is so unfair. It's 2 tickets per purchase. How can they all go in a matter of minutes

Edited by BVB65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kept getting only offered corner sections for MSG, so either a side/rear view of main stage or the far end, but nothing in the prime spots.  Kept refreshing for 10+ minutes and wasn't getting anything better, and at work so couldn't keep trying indefinitely.  I got sec 119, so not nosebleeds by any account, but a little bummed that's as close first presale group gets you.  Fingers crossed for Citi presale...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only got corner sections for Nassau Coliseum on the first 2 tries (sections weren't even listed on the seating chart!). Did a quick google for general Nassau seating chart, did a 3rd tickets search and still got a corner, but at least it's full view and in the lower level (which didn't show at all on the ticket page seating chart). Tulsa was FAR more straightforward - excellent, full view seat, near the stage but just enough down to get good view of screen and b-stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update!!! If you have ticketmasters app installed on your phone, uninstall it. I did this and allowed the link to go thru my phones browser. Once I did this, I was able to purchase some great seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scoot430 said:

I am trying for LA and all I get is "There was an error.  Please try again later."

Weird, I was in and out in 4 mins using my browser.  Keep trying.  Seems like some have problems, others don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, scoot430 said:

I am trying for LA and all I get is "There was an error.  Please try again later."

I had to use the app on my phone to get it to work for LA. IE and Edge did not work for me on laptop.

Las Vegas was a joke. GA gone in under 30 seconds. At least LA offered tickets for sale. Overall not impressed at all with the ticket buying experience.  And U2 should have had all venues go on sale at same time. The 10AM local time zone gave east coast people a huge advantage. If they couldn't get in on local shows they could try going west, that option not available to those on the west coast. Very poorly thought out.

Edited by surferdad
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there are many GA tickets on stub hub for LA Forum already.  Aren't these supposed to be paperless tickets / show your ID?

Not pleased that I had to renew my subscription early (why?) and jump through all these bizarre text hoops, all so a bunch of scalpers could get tickets.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, zoomcat said:

Weird, I was in and out in 4 mins using my browser.  Keep trying.  Seems like some have problems, others don't. 

You're lucky.

I see GA tickets listed, "Experience Group," but every time I select and try to buy, I get the same error message.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, scoot430 said:

I am trying for LA and all I get is "There was an error.  Please try again later."

 

11 minutes ago, scoot430 said:

You're lucky.

I see GA tickets listed, "Experience Group," but every time I select and try to buy, I get the same error message.  

SAME HERE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, scoot430 said:

You're lucky.

I see GA tickets listed, "Experience Group," but every time I select and try to buy, I get the same error message.  

Looks like you finally got them, per the other thread?  Thats a relief!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, scoot430 said:

Looks like there are many GA tickets on stub hub for LA Forum already.  Aren't these supposed to be paperless tickets / show your ID?

Not pleased that I had to renew my subscription early (why?) and jump through all these bizarre text hoops, all so a bunch of scalpers could get tickets.

i thought the same  

why all the rigor to get a paper ticket  kind of defeats the purpose  just saying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, surferdad said:

I had to use the app on my phone to get it to work for LA. IE and Edge did not work for me on laptop.

Las Vegas was a joke. GA gone in under 30 seconds. At least LA offered tickets for sale. Overall not impressed at all with the ticket buying experience.  And U2 should have had all venues go on sale at same time. The 10AM local time zone gave east coast people a huge advantage. If they couldn't get in on local shows they could try going west, that option not available to those on the west coast. Very poorly thought out.

Local time means local to the venue.  East coast had no advantage, if they wanted west coast tix, they'd buy them at 1pm EST (=10am PST).   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zoomcat said:

Local time means local to the venue.  East coast had no advantage, if they wanted west coast tix, they'd buy them at 1pm EST (=10am PST).   

It gave them the advantage of trying local and if no luck to go elsewhere. West coast if they couldn't find local had way fewer options to look elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, surferdad said:

It gave them the advantage of trying local and if no luck to go elsewhere. West coast if they couldn't find local had way fewer options to look elsewhere.

See your point that they had a bunch of venues to try at once, and maybe east coasters would try for west coast if they got shut out.  But west coast people could have entered the east coast sales at 7am PST (=10am EST), then tried different venues as the 10am onsale times moved west.   The problems in Vegas might have more to do with they system they were using than some east coast advantage?  Just speculating here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scoot430 said:
3 hours ago, scoot430 said:

Looks like there are many GA tickets on stub hub for LA Forum already.  Aren't these supposed to be paperless tickets / show your ID?

Not pleased that I had to renew my subscription early (why?) and jump through all these bizarre text hoops, all so a bunch of scalpers could get tickets.

Unfortunately not this time. When purchasing your tickets, you had several options. Have them mailed to you, pick them up day of concert (Will Call) or go mobile/print from home. You can even transfer the tickets to someone else via your TM account. So it is certain there are some who aren't interested seeing the band, who are going to capitalize on this and look to sell the tickets they bought. Your credit card being your ticket was ingenious. They should have stuck with that method also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.