blueandgoldfan

If you already got tickets...

If you already got tickets, what words of advice can you give us that have yet to go. What should we do ahead of time if anything?

PLEASE dont complain about the process, we all know its never gonna be perfect.

Thanks!

definitely use the link they sent you (copy and paste it into the address bar).  Also, Chrome seemed to work better than Internet Exploder. Chrome gave a seat map where I could pick individual seats, IE did not.  Just being logged into your TM account didn't seem to work very well.

• Like 1

Check to see if tickets are actually being sold by Ticketmaster or by a "partner site." I had everything set up in my TM account, and then it linked to something called AXS where I had to create a brand new account from scratch during the ticketing process. This was for Georgia, so check to see who is actually selling the tickets for your particular show. It might not be TM.

• Like 1

What Hodgeko said.

I had to buy tix for Philly, which was non-ticketmaster.

I went via link in email to ticketmaster, then to philly site, all about 5 minutes to 10. 

Then entered my code on Philly site, and when clock hit 10:00, clicked submit, and breezed through getting tix.

I couldn't believe how fast the process was for the Boston show.  2 GA tix bought and paid for within 4 minutes of the pre-sale starting.  When they announced the whole Verified Fan thing, I admit I was fearing the worst. But, I wound up being very impressed with how smoothly it went.

I used my phone and the TM app for the entire process, and actually took my time & didn't freak out.  The app refreshed right at 10 am CST, and I spent 5-7 minutes going back & forth between price options just to see if better seats popped up after the initial rush (they didn't really - I was able to refresh to get on Edge's "side" instead of Adam's.

My main gripe is that the most expensive seats went all the way up through the nosebleeds.  Basically if you're not GA and you want seats in the middle, plan on paying at least $325.00 a pop.  I opted for the $171.00 version and wound up getting pretty good seats in club level, supposedly looking down on the main stage left side.

I got seats for Boston in Loge 7.  Wanted GA but my friend and I are both short so figured seats might be better. 

Just now, ScatterofLight said:

Are purchased tickets transferable / resalable?  Is it credit card entry this time around? 

No CC entry, at least for East coast shows. Apparently only Will Call or tickets sent to home.  

In my experience, it was a very quick process (less than 2 minutes) and the link from u2.com worked better than the one sent by text. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScatterofLight said:

Are purchased tickets transferable / resalable?  Is it credit card entry this time around? 

I got 2 GA in Nashville and had the option of hard copy tickets, which I selected.  Others report their GA tickets were CC.

2 minutes ago, mchoosier said:

I got 2 GA in Nashville and had the option of hard copy tickets, which I selected.  Others report their GA tickets were CC.

Did you use the TM app or desktop?

People are experiencing glitches with RedZone and GA in some cities (NYC, for sure). Just have your plan all thought out... what's your first choice, second choice, etc. It helps me to think more calmly when the clock is ticking and your heart is racing!

• Like 2

I had no success with the phone.  Used a desktop.  My problem was the Uniondale show was not listed.  so there was no ticket buying page link anywhere.  I ended up getting the link from the venue website.  Some others linked to it from the U2 tour page.  So bypass the whole TM search function.  I got a mobile entry.  So no CC entry.  It was all very strange but once they went on sale it went very smoothly and I got GA and checked out in less than 1 minute.  So prep was a disaster but actual purchase was very easy.  Good luck

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, douglaslange5 said:

Did you use the TM app or desktop?

Desktop. 

It was a bit sketchy.  After the presale started, the Nashville page accessed by the link in the presale text message did not show tickets, it was the same page as before the presale started.  I then checked the Chicago page and it showed tickets.  I kept trying Nashville, refreshing the page, I cleared/deleted Ticketmaster cookies, I searched for U2 from the generic Ticketmaster site instead of using the link in the presale text message, etc.  I finally got a Nashville page that prompted me for my presale code and from then on it was smooth. 

I'm not sure what the key was but I'm thinking clearing my cache of all Ticketmaster cookies was probably the key.  In the past, if I looked at a lot of tickets but did not buy any of them (to evaluate prices, location, etc.) eventually I would get a message in red saying there was a problem, try again.  I found if I cleared/deleted the Ticketmaster cookies, I did not get that message.  I think there must be some counter in one of the cookies that once it gets to a certain number, within a certain period of elapsed time, the site must assume the requests are coming from a bot and prohibits more requests.

Edited by mchoosier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mchoosier said:

Desktop. 

It was a bit sketchy.  After the presale started, the Nashville link from the link in the page accessed by the link in the presale text message did not show tickets, it was the same page as before the presale started.  I then checked the Chicago page and it showed tickets.  I kept trying Nashville, refreshing the page, I cleared/deleted Ticketmaster cookies, I searched for U2 from the generic Ticketmaster site instead of using the link in the presale text message, etc.  I finally got a Nashville page that prompted me for my presale code and from then on it was smooth. 

I'm not sure what the key was but I'm thinking clearing my cache of all Ticketmaster cookies was probably the key.  In the past, if I looked at a lot of tickets but did not buy any of them (to evaluate prices, location, etc.) eventually I would get a message in red saying there was a problem, try again.  I found if I cleared/deleted the Ticketmaster cookies, I did not get that message.  I think there must be some counter in one of the cookies that once it gets to a certain number, within a certain period of elapsed time, the site must assume the requests are coming from a bot and prohibits more requests.

Thanks for the heads up! Trying for Nashville GA tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Hodgeko said:

Check to see if tickets are actually being sold by Ticketmaster or by a "partner site." I had everything set up in my TM account, and then it linked to something called AXS where I had to create a brand new account from scratch during the ticketing process. This was for Georgia, so check to see who is actually selling the tickets for your particular show. It might not be TM.

AGREED. My tickets were not being sold through Ticketmaster. I was directed to the Wells Fargo Center website which I did not have updated with my info. This was for Philly. I am really annoyed by this.

Bought for DC show.

Using the link they texted on my phone produced no GA tickets, right at 10am.

Using my laptop, the Ticketmaster site, and linking through u2.com/tours worked great, 2 GA tix popped right up.

I did not have to register/pay through another site. It was Ticketmaster only, and hard copy.

I used Chrome on a desktop and had two tabs open -- (1) the TM link from the text (already logged in and confirmed that my CC info and address were updated), and (2) U2.com tour page.  When the TM page refreshed at 10:00, it suddenly said that presale opens tomorrow, and I couldn't get any ticket options.  But I was able to switch over to the Tours page and click through from there. 

If you can navigate from the U2 site, then I'm not sure why they bother sending a link.  I'm also not sure why they couldn't just preload our unique codes into our TM accounts, since we had to link them.  

I received the text message  with a link to TM. On the TM page, the link for Montreal did not work. We had to use the link from the U2 Tour page. Also, I got GA for Boston and it seems I can transfer the ticket. Both tickets (GA for Montreal and Boston) are hard tickets.

Edited by Laurent Roy

I had the countdown going on ticketmaster.com on my computer and when it got to zero it said presale starts in 24 hours...but I also had it going on the TM app on my phone and that worked. Got 2 GA tickets for SJ in under two minutes.

Did some dress rehearsals making sure to have credit card info and log in info good to go for App. Copied presale code for easy pasting and was sure to be close to my WiFi router. In and out for 1 RedZone ticket to LA (Inglewood). 3 min total on App. 

Used my regular desktop and went through Ticketmaster rather than the link.  Worked fine.  Purchased GA San Jose, got my purchase confirmation email and logged out of TM all under 4 minutes.  This is the third time I've purchased tickets using this verified fan system and it's been easy every time.  I hope those having problems get some answers quick. 

2 minutes ago, marzidog said:

Used my regular desktop and went through Ticketmaster rather than the link.  Worked fine.  Purchased GA San Jose, got my purchase confirmation email and logged out of TM all under 4 minutes.  This is the third time I've purchased tickets using this verified fan system and it's been easy every time.  I hope those having problems get some answers quick. 

I used the link, worked fine too.  Also in and out in 4 mins for LA show, whole process was seamless for me, whew!  Also hope those with problems get resolution soon!