Sign in to follow this  
mnel13

Will tickets be re-stocked with different presale waves?

I am in the innocence group and without an experience code can view the tickets available for Boston on ticketmaster, so i was looking to get an idea of the prices, but it looks like theres not a ton of General Admission left due to the lighter shade of blue for GA. Will they re-stock and at least add more GA tickets before the innocence presale tomorrow or do we only get access to whatever was left after the experience presale?

The way presales generally work, and I am using round numbers here, 

Each presale is given like 10% of the venues ticket allotment in various sections/price points. So the Experience ones would be a different offering than the Innocent (but about the same section). So lets say the sections close to the stage are Adam's side is section 130 and Edge's side is 1114. The Innocent presale will get rows 1-6 in 130 while the Experience might get the section across from 114 rows 1-6.

The Citi presale will get whatever isn't sold, but a worse collection. By that I mean, section 130 row 20-28. These are all general numbers and row numbers. 

Each presale gets a percentage (we have 3 presales (Experience Innocence Citi). So about 30% of the tickets will be sold out before general on-sale. Then about 5-10% are held back by the promoters for business reasons (tickets for U2 guests, friends of the promoters, say Bill Gates wants to see U2 in Tulsa and knows the owner of Live Nation,  press, celebrities, athletes, friends of the corporate sponsorship on the arena, etc). 

So honestly, before Monday (general onsale) about 50% of the tickets are already gone. The numbers could be lower because some artists demand that their fan club has access to 20-25% of the tickets available (Pearl Jam/DMB). This is why the U2 tickets sell out fast - high demand, and the general public is fighting over about 25-50% of the ticket availability. 

I had a long winded response, but essentially what I am telling you is that todays presale has no bearing on the access to tomorrow's tickets access. There will be the same number of GAs offered today that were offered tomorrow, similar sections and price points. 

Now, whether you get those tickets or not is up to the random draw of the ticketing service. 

If it's anything like the last pre-sale you could actually see the tickets they were holding back for the next wave when you looked at what was available. At the Rose Bowl every other row was not available for the first pre-sale when I was looking and then my sister, who had the second pre-sale, was able to see those rows as available. So, I would guess that half of the fan club allotment for every section and GA would be available for the first group and the other half for the second group.

Okay thanks a lot for clearing that up, I was worried when I saw GA sell out for a bunch of the venues. Now I just get to worry about whether or not I'll actually get a code or if I'll get screwed tomorrow.