Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wakebird

Best presale ever

Recommended Posts

This was by far the smoothest, fastest and most pain-free presale I've been a part of and I've done pretty much all of them. Thanks to U2 and even thanks to the evil institutions that helped make it possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would agree. I was worried there would be tons of problems or connection issues like I had for JT, but I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wakebird said:

This was by far the smoothest, fastest and most pain-free presale I've been a part of and I've done pretty much all of them. Thanks to U2 and even thanks to the evil institutions that helped make it possible.

Couldn't agree more! This was quick and painless. Didn't really feel pressured at all. This is a great way to do things! Hope everyone else had just as easy a time!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt have any issues either, verified fan setup, email last night, text at 450 this morning, and had tix within 4 mins once it started.  Bummer that some people are having issues, I guess just luck of the draw?  Keep trying, don't give up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto for me...am I the only one who stared at their phone afterwards feeling I must have missed something because it went so smoothly?

Fingers crossed for all still trying!

Edited by javinski
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I wen to get Vegas tickets it showed NON available.  I had to go back a number of times, but finally got 2 GA.  It was easy, once I got my tickets.  How come there was only GA offered.  No seats to pick from.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an easy time too for DC.  However, still wondering how sites such as Stub Hub and Ticket Liquidator seem to be offering a lot of tickets already.  I thought these hurdles were to prevent this.  My biggest wish is they would sell the first 5-10 rows to long-time fan club members at a discount.  $325 is getting a little expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SS33 said:

I had an easy time too for DC.  However, still wondering how sites such as Stub Hub and Ticket Liquidator seem to be offering a lot of tickets already.  I thought these hurdles were to prevent this.  My biggest wish is they would sell the first 5-10 rows to long-time fan club members at a discount.  $325 is getting a little expensive.

Some of the verified fans weren't fans at all, apparently. Then we have people who are real fans who didn't get codes and thus, no tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went great for me as well - 2 GA tickets for Montreal in three minutes. Hope the regular Verified Fan works as well next week ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Wakebird said:

This was by far the smoothest, fastest and most pain-free presale I've been a part of and I've done pretty much all of them. Thanks to U2 and even thanks to the evil institutions that helped make it possible.

Agreed. I feel for the fans who have had difficulty, but I can't help but feel that in many cases, it's because they didn't follow instructions or simply don't like change. As long as we live technology, scalpers will continue to try to find new ways to screw people, and bands will continue to try to find ways to reduce the risk.... the systems will continue to evolve in response to this. I am quite sure next time will be slightly different from this one again. Kudos to the band and U2.com for their efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tracy M said:

Agreed. I feel for the fans who have had difficulty, but I can't help but feel that in many cases, it's because they didn't follow instructions or simply don't like change. As long as we live technology, scalpers will continue to try to find new ways to screw people, and bands will continue to try to find ways to reduce the risk.... the systems will continue to evolve in response to this. I am quite sure next time will be slightly different from this one again. Kudos to the band and U2.com for their efforts.

I followed all the instructions and still got screwed. Only ever had one account, renewed subscription, received verified email and then later an email with a retraction. Sucks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really didn't have any issues getting my tix. 1 GA for LA and 1 GA for Boston

Edited by Kappler
oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wawa049 said:

Glad you are happy!  my pre-sale starts in 6 minutes and I haven't gotten my code yet!

Did you make sure you linked your cell phone number and have it on SMS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wawa049 said:

Glad you are happy!  my pre-sale starts in 6 minutes and I haven't gotten my code yet!

And - check your email again.   My phone number didn't work but TM sent me an email with code & link about 40 min before presale started yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, toyoracer said:

I followed all the instructions and still got screwed. Only ever had one account, renewed subscription, received verified email and then later an email with a retraction. Sucks.

Did you link your TM account to your U2.com account AND your cell phone all in advance? What exactly did the retraction email state? I'm asking because seeing some of the horror stories on here makes me worried for future shows as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tracy M said:

Did you link your TM account to your U2.com account AND your cell phone all in advance? What exactly did the retraction email state? I'm asking because seeing some of the horror stories on here makes me worried for future shows as well. 

Yep, as soon as the tour was announced on 11/1.  this is the wording of the retraction email:

 

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Thank you for registering for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale. Unfortunately, we mistakenly sent you a confirmation email earlier tonight. Contrary to the email you were sent earlier, we are unable to offer you access to the presale. 

While presale access is only one benefit included with your U2.com subscription, we recognize that it is important to many Subscribers. 

If you would like a refund of your subscription, please contact us using the Contact Us form on the Help page, and select 'Verified Subscriber Refund Request' from the dropdown menu.

We apologize for the confusion.
The U2.com Team 

#U2eiTour  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all the issues, i was worried but this was an awesome experience! I was able to get exactly the tickets i wanted right by the red zone. So excited! Let the countdown begin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, That is definitely disturbing, as it would have been nice if they could have explained WHY you were excluded, and provided you an opportunity to correct any missing steps. I admit, I was quite worried about the whole process when I realized that we would not be getting our emails until the night before the presales for our designated groups, as that did not give any window for corrections. The only thing I can think of here is that they intentionally did not want to give scalpers a similar window of opportunity to figure out how to bypass. Perhaps what they should have done (maybe they have??) is hold back some tickets to provide opportunity to correct misses? Sorry for all your troubles! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tracy M said:

Agreed. I feel for the fans who have had difficulty, but I can't help but feel that in many cases, it's because they didn't follow instructions or simply don't like change. As long as we live technology, scalpers will continue to try to find new ways to screw people, and bands will continue to try to find ways to reduce the risk.... the systems will continue to evolve in response to this. I am quite sure next time will be slightly different from this one again. Kudos to the band and U2.com for their efforts.

No, can't agree re fan competence. I too was lucky. Wasn't last tour but prepped perfectly. The system is fraudulent and the inability- rather seemingly unwillingness to solve the problem should be criminal.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tracy M said:

Did you link your TM account to your U2.com account AND your cell phone all in advance? What exactly did the retraction email state? I'm asking because seeing some of the horror stories on here makes me worried for future shows as well. 

Turns out my workplace service just SUCKS!!!  I got the email as I drove out of the parking lot of work about 2 1/2 hours after pre-sale began.  I guess I work in a dead zone.  I could get email thru my work computer but not a text......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to the innocence group but if the experience group bought all of them that means that the most "real fans" got the tickets.

  • Haha 2
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Wakebird said:

I'm sorry to the innocence group but if the experience group bought all of them that means that the most "real fans" got the tickets.

Real Fans?  First tour I will miss since 1981.  Doesn't get much more real than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...