Wakebird

Best presale ever

35 minutes ago, Wakebird said:

I'm sorry to the innocence group but if the experience group bought all of them that means that the most "real fans" got the tickets.

What you are doing is insensitive, rude, lacking class and humility.

Plenty of real fans did not end up being as fortunate as you. Enjoy the show. Stop while you're ahead.

• Upvote 1

I just mean for the system they have determined to know who true fans are and not just people that signed up for the fan club last week. That's why I put "real fans" in quotation marks. I know it doesn't really mean real fans. It just means the system's way of determining them. I'm sorry if that was rude. If a show sells out with only the longest term fans then the system is working. What I'm angry about is if these tickets end up somehow on secondary market.

21 minutes ago, Wakebird said:

I just mean for the system they have determined to know who true fans are and not just people that signed up for the fan club last week. That's why I put "real fans" in quotation marks. I know it doesn't really mean real fans. It just means the system's way of determining them. I'm sorry if that was rude. If a show sells out with only the longest term fans then the system is working. What I'm angry about is if these tickets end up somehow on secondary market.

Except a ton of "longest term fans" didn't get a code to purchase tickets in the experience presale which means the verified fan presale didn't work the way it should have worked. When thousands of tickets show up on secondary sites then it also shows that the verified fan presale was an unmitigated disaster. It did nothing to keep scalpers from buying the tickets. Furthermore, ask the mods if they think this was the best presale ever. Then you'll have a more educated answer.

3 hours ago, Wakebird said:

I'm sorry to the innocence group but if the experience group bought all of them that means that the most "real fans" got the tickets.

Oh really...

1 hour ago, Wakebird said:

You're making it worse. You don't know what your going on about. The problem is the lottery system 'real true fans' didn't know about and getting shut out of the pre-sale altogether. Also ones that got codes in most cases there was no GA but offered high price seating instead. Not cool :unsure:

Edited by utwothefly

I wasn’t able to look at the presale until this evening for the Las Vegas show. Only 2 tickets I can find are in the upper level at $330 each totaling over $700 with fees and taxes. 

I must not be a “real fan” because in my opinion that is way too much for nosebleeds. I’ll just sit back and wait for the “Special Gift” that my $40 purchased.  I sure as heck won’t be renewing my membership next year  

4 hours ago, seanclv said:

I wasn’t able to look at the presale until this evening for the Las Vegas show. Only 2 tickets I can find are in the upper level at $330 each totaling over $700 with fees and taxes. 

I must not be a “real fan” because in my opinion that is way too much for nosebleeds. I’ll just sit back and wait for the “Special Gift” that my $40 purchased.  I sure as heck won’t be renewing my membership next year  

It is unfortunate that circumstances kept you from looking for tickets until hours after the presale opened. That is no one's fault -and certainly not the band's or U2.coms, or even TM. I am fortunate that I make my own work schedule, so I could take the morning off to be at home, on my computer, at 11 a.m. my time to get the tickets I wished. I realize not everyone has that opportunity, but it only makes sense that the most popular tickets (GAs) will sell out in minutes.

• Brilliant 1

Glad to hear it went well for you. I am also one of the fortunate ones. That said, I don't see how anyone can call this the "best presale" given the size and scope of well documented issues people encountered.

Not a good presale.... glad knowing the citi card holders scored plenty of GA tixs to multiple venues.  Glad to know fan club is limited to two and citi card to 4.  Greta pre-sale for citi card holders.

What is missing is data.  It is one thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets, and 2,500 were bought by 1,500 Experience group fans on day 1, and the remaining 500 went in the first minute of the Innocence group.  It is altogether a different thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets at a venue and 400 went to Experience group, 400 to Innocence group and 2,200 are going to other buyers.  I'm making the numbers up, but the principle is that some transparency and facts might solve some of the anger... 

The absence of transparency and facts fuels speculation and suspicion. If the facts show the most prized tickets went to the Experience group, and that the Innocence group had the next shot at the best seats ahead of Citigroup and general sales, no one would have much to complain about.  But if that is really the case....why don't they report it as such?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BillHenderson said:

What is missing is data.  It is one thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets, and 2,500 were bought by 1,500 Experience group fans on day 1, and the remaining 500 went in the first minute of the Innocence group.  It is altogether a different thing if there are 3,000 GA tickets at a venue and 400 went to Experience group, 400 to Innocence group and 2,200 are going to other buyers.  I'm making the numbers up, but the principle is that some transparency and facts might solve some of the anger... 

The absence of transparency and facts fuels speculation and suspicion. If the facts show the most prized tickets went to the Experience group, and that the Innocence group had the next shot at the best seats ahead of Citigroup and general sales, no one would have much to complain about.  But if that is really the case....why don't they report it as such?

Excellent point.  Not that this helps much, but just curious:  does anyone know how many paid/eligible presale fans there are...is there a total membership count posted?

On 11/14/2017 at 1:16 PM, Wakebird said:

This was by far the smoothest, fastest and most pain-free presale I've been a part of and I've done pretty much all of them. Thanks to U2 and even thanks to the evil institutions that helped make it possible.

Happy for you. Sadly, not a good time for me. 

If you, or anyone reading this, got GA tickets, did you find them thru the app or online;? And did you find them by clicking on GA  Best Available, Best Seats or by price?  

Down but not out.

2 hours ago, sped said:

Happy for you. Sadly, not a good time for me. 

If you, or anyone reading this, got GA tickets, did you find them thru the app or online;? And did you find them by clicking on GA  Best Available, Best Seats or by price?  

Down but not out.

I think I did Best Available when the GAs were not readily apparent on the screen, and then they popped up. I thought that was unusual, because traditionally, Best Available were always the top priced "Gold level" seats. 

16 hours ago, Tracy M said:

It is unfortunate that circumstances kept you from looking for tickets until hours after the presale opened. That is no one's fault -and certainly not the band's or U2.coms, or even TM. I am fortunate that I make my own work schedule, so I could take the morning off to be at home, on my computer, at 11 a.m. my time to get the tickets I wished. I realize not everyone has that opportunity, but it only makes sense that the most popular tickets (GAs) will sell out in minutes.

There's a whole thread in this same forum called something like "Was anyone in the Innocence group able to get GA for Vegas"  where people went on at sale time and weren't able to get GA tickets, so I would have been more peeved if I took paid time off from work to go through that .

My commentary was also about the significant increase in ticket prices. I'm not going to pay $40 for the opportunity to pay $300 again, actually next time it probably be $400. . I guess I am just not that big of a fan. 

Well anyways, I'm over it. Have fun at the show!!

Edited by seanclv

On 11/15/2017 at 5:51 PM, Mikey2650 said:

Best presale ever? Thanks for rubbing it in. As you can see, no one in the innocence group got any GA tickets...

I was in the innocence group and bought 2 GA tickets for the LA show.. it took me an hour, but finally 2 popped up.... Couldn't on my computer (kept getting an error message from TM) but got through with my phone. 

7 hours ago, seanclv said:

There's a whole thread in this same forum called something like "Was anyone in the Innocence group able to get GA for Vegas"  where people went on at sale time and weren't able to get GA tickets, so I would have been more peeved if I took paid time off from work to go through that .

My commentary was also about the significant increase in ticket prices. I'm not going to pay $40 for the opportunity to pay $300 again, actually next time it probably be $400. . I guess I am just not that big of a fan. 

Well anyways, I'm over it. Have fun at the show!!

To be honest, I didn't look that closely at the prices. I noticed they were somewhat higher, but for the GAs, by the time I did the exchange from Cdn to US, it wasn't a huge increase. But you are right, they are higher. But so is the price of everything else, gas, milk, bread. I think the highest price I ever paid was $250 for gold-level seating for one show in Toronto in 2005. My daughter's Ed Sheeran tickets for this coming August, on the floor with seats, were $160.

The only thing easier than the experience pre-sale was the Citicard pre-sale.  I think it took about 7 minutes total to get 2 tickets on Tuesday and 4 more GAs on Thursday.  

So far the verified fan system is working. 

4 hours ago, Gjachts said:

The only thing easier than the experience pre-sale was the Citicard pre-sale.  I think it took about 7 minutes total to get 2 tickets on Tuesday and 4 more GAs on Thursday.  

So far the verified fan system is working. 

The citicard thing actually makes me mad. I think it's pretty awful to try to get your fans to pick up another credit card or change their banking system just to get tickets. That's not working towards a healthy view of how we use money that I would think the band would care about.

Hey and I apologize to everyone. I didn't mean to rub it in. My bad. I accept the heat I'm taking here and I'm sorry.

• Like 2

Need to add an extra show to each  city the demand is there 2 shows for each city...!

20 hours ago, Wakebird said:

The citicard thing actually makes me mad. I think it's pretty awful to try to get your fans to pick up another credit card or change their banking system just to get tickets. That's not working towards a healthy view of how we use money that I would think the band would care about.

Hey and I apologize to everyone. I didn't mean to rub it in. My bad. I accept the heat I'm taking here and I'm sorry.

Well done.

On 11/16/2017 at 5:51 PM, BillHenderson said:

Yep. This has always been the dirty little secret of the concert industry. Hold backs, presales, diversions, all secret unless some type of lawsuit happens and even then I don't think the data is ever made public. There was a huge outcry in 2007 and 2012 over springsteen Tix being diverted and fans being redirected to TMs resale site. I know some legislators in NJ were looking into what happened, and some fans (including me) were actually given an opportunity to buy tickets that were held back.  but I don't think any actual data on holdbacks or actual sales was ever released. The data is certainly there with TM.  And with public funds paying for some of these buildings where the events take place, you'd think citizens should have a right to know what's going on. 

But you are absolutely right that transparency would make these entities more accountable to concertgoers...

Edited by hobbes4444

Maybe for th Experience group. Husband got 2 Forum GA tixs for us with his membership and I was going to get 2 more for my son and my father in law (Innocence group) but never got anything below 300dlls. Screw this presale..this is the first time we cannot get GA tixs during a fan presale. 

I was in the Innocence group and I did in fact get 2 GA for Montreal right at 1pm.

I can't help but think the verified fan process works similar for both the fan club pre-sales and the general onsale, in the sense that the number of verified fans given an access code is directly proportional to the number of fan club tickets being released/general on sale tickets being released.  

This is how they control the bottleneck at the moment of sale.

Everyone got a chance to buy tickets.  However, now instead of a free-for-all at the moment of sale when luck of the draw/timing determines your luck, now that happens when the "draw" of codes happens with those that have been verified.

I also realize that those of us pleased with the process feel that way because we got tickets, and if we hadn't, we'd feel differently.

On 14/11/2017 at 6:23 PM, svoot said:

Couldn't agree more! This was quick and painless. Didn't really feel pressured at all. This is a great way to do things! Hope everyone else had just as easy a time!

Agreed. Managed to get Red Zone for MSG with no problems at all. Feeling blessed !!!

Most of the Experience group was shut out of GA in the Presale. In the major cities. NY DC