Wakebird

Best presale ever

2 hours ago, peggy said:

Most of the Experience group was shut out of GA in the Presale. In the major cities. NY DC

Most? Really?  

Do you have any actual facts to back up that statement? 

Experience fan here. Followed all instructions. Signed in right at the start. No GA available. Only tickets offered were behind the stage. (Chicago) Never had an issue for other tours. Looks like this may be the first tour I miss in 30 years.

I'd say that in terms of fan club presales, this was as bad as Vertigo 2005 and possibly worse.  Both times the band tried to fight scalpers, bots and agencies and just ended up pissing of their own fans. 

However, the Citi presale appeared to go off swimmingly. It's a shame that those experiences couldn't have been reversed. 

I can understand the concept of the lottery thing for the fan club presales because we have no idea how many ticket scalping agencies have snapped up relatively inexpensive (for them) fan club memberships in order to get first crack at tickets. However, this obviously negatively affected many long-time fans. 

They would've  been a lot better off doing the whole "quiz" idea to see if you were a real fan or just a scalper. That would've been a lot easier,solved a lot more issues, and not pissed as many people off.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:46 PM, Wakebird said:

I'm sorry to the innocence group but if the experience group bought all of them that means that the most "real fans" got the tickets.

Many of the "Experience" members, like myself, were not even given the opportunity to purchase tickets. I didn't receive a presale code until 6 hours AFTER the Innocence presale began. I was also not "chosen" to buy tickets for ANY of the cities that I registered for in the general public onsale. The vast majority of fans were completely screwed over. The Innocence group wasn't given a chance for GA tickets because TM didn't load them into the system for all of the shows. The entire process has been a disaster with many, many fans of both groups not receiving the tickets they wanted or any tickets at all. If you want to get an idea as to what went wrong I urge you to read through the thread on here called "Out of Luck on the Presales?"

Edited by popfly

On 11/19/2017 at 5:33 PM, Gjachts said:

Most? Really?  

Do you have any actual facts to back up that statement? 

I personally know about 60 fans very well. About 75% of them (45) are in the Experience group. About 20% (12 of them) are in the Innocence group and 5% are not members at all. Of those 45 Experience members that I personally know about 6 of them received GA tickets in the Experience group. NONE of 12 who were in the Innocence group received GA tickets. The likelihood that I personally know THAT many people who were not able to get tickets, never received a code, etc... is ridiculously high. If the majority of fans had no problems with tickets then that ratio of people I know would be much much lower as well.

31 minutes ago, popfly said:

I personally know about 60 fans very well. About 75% of them (45) are in the Experience group. About 20% (12 of them) are in the Innocence group and 5% are not members at all. Of those 45 Experience members that I personally know about 6 of them received GA tickets in the Experience group. NONE of 12 who were in the Innocence group received GA tickets. The likelihood that I personally know THAT many people who were not able to get tickets, never received a code, etc... is ridiculously high. If the majority of fans had no problems with tickets then that ratio of people I know would be much much lower as well.

Thanks for this perspective, very interesting.

Just one question - for the 54 folks that did not get GA tickets out of the 60 you noted, how many of them got 'No ticket option' or just "No GA option"?

I agree fans should be getting the tickets, but 10% got GA, and I'm just curios if the rest just didn't want the tickets they were offered, or if they were not able to get ANY tickets.

Again, thanks for sharing the numbers.

~Peace

5 minutes ago, U2FanInVT said:

Thanks for this perspective, very interesting.

Just one question - for the 54 folks that did not get GA tickets out of the 60 you noted, how many of them got 'No ticket option' or just "No GA option"?

I agree fans should be getting the tickets, but 10% got GA, and I'm just curios if the rest just didn't want the tickets they were offered, or if they were not able to get ANY tickets.

Again, thanks for sharing the numbers.

~Peace

It was a mix. Many of us, myself included, were not able to purchase tickets because of some internal computer error which wasn't corrected until the day after the Innocence presales. So by the time I received my Experience code there were no GA tickets available. But again, I wasn't able to try for tickets until hours after the presales had been going on. Based on the messages I received from these friends I would say it was about 1/3 of us who had no option to purchase tickets and 2/3 of these people were not able to get GA tickets. All of these people were trying only for GA tickets. All of these people followed all of the instructions and completed their profile setups correctly.

Several other fans that I know, who are not part of the 60 friends that I have, were able to secure GA tickets for many of the shows that they wanted during the Citi presale. 

Does that help?

6 minutes ago, popfly said:

It was a mix. Many of us, myself included, were not able to purchase tickets because of some internal computer error which wasn't corrected until the day after the Innocence presales. So by the time I received my Experience code there were no GA tickets available. But again, I wasn't able to try for tickets until hours after the presales had been going on. Based on the messages I received from these friends I would say it was about 1/3 of us who had no option to purchase tickets and 2/3 of these people were not able to get GA tickets. All of these people were trying only for GA tickets. All of these people followed all of the instructions and completed their profile setups correctly.

Several other fans that I know, who are not part of the 60 friends that I have, were able to secure GA tickets for many of the shows that they wanted during the Citi presale. 

Does that help?

Yup, thanks, I was just curios if the discord was more around not getting any tickets...or not getting GA tickets.

But with the price of non-GA tickets...I imagine for many not getting GA means not being able to afford to go.