bchamberlin

This site and the admin team can go f*** yourselves (moderated)

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ballardmama said:

I have always felt very appreciative of the mods. I have had a few issues and questions over the years With my membership. Either they’ve answered me directly or I’ve gotten my answer by reading their response to someone else. When I recently posted a question about the Citi presale, they posted within a few minutes that they were working on getting my answer. That was at a super crazy busy time and I was totally shocked at the fast response I got. In this day and age, I don’t expect much customer service from any organization/business so I was completely surprised to get actual personal attention. Thanks to the mods for doing heroes work over the last several days (and really years). These guys aren’t paid????  That’s ridiculous. I for one am glad I have you working on my behalf. 

very touched by all the support, I know the OP was angry, we all are about this. Yes mods volunteer a lot of our time, and also yes there are a few perks. Its always been a huge honour for me to be associated with doing something for the band I love. 

Mods are not angels (speaking for myself here, although I think Max & Mich just might be angelic :). I have had the most incredible year getting off my arse and following the JT around here and there. Amazing things have happened by being 'in the room' (often a big room with 50,000 others).

I have also had the chance to do other things for the website and beyond, this year and in previous years. Most of that of course is top secret ;)

Some changes ahead, some stuff to post soon about the interactions and chats we mods have had /are having with each other, / other fans / other fan site leaders about recent events, will post up on the zoo boards as soon as we can. 

At them moment, its great these boards are here to let people have their say on the official fan forum, we hope that that can continue for a long time to come.

Blessings x

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigwave said:

very touched by all the support, I know the OP was angry, we all are about this. Yes mods volunteer a lot of our time, and also yes there are a few perks. Its always been a huge honour for me to be associated with doing something for the band I love. 

Mods are not angels (speaking for myself here, although I think Max & Mich just might be angelic :). I have had the most incredible year getting off my arse and following the JT around here and there. Amazing things have happened by being 'in the room' (often a big room with 50,000 others).

I have also had the chance to do other things for the website and beyond, this year and in previous years. Most of that of course is top secret ;)

Some changes ahead, some stuff to post soon about the interactions and chats we mods have had /are having with each other, / other fans / other fan site leaders about recent events, will post up on the zoo boards as soon as we can. 

At them moment, its great these boards are here to let people have their say on the official fan forum, we hope that that can continue for a long time to come.

Blessings x

Ditto Ballardmama & Hear Hear BigWave, Max & Mich, keep up the awesome work, Don't let the Bastards grind you Down!! :)

Edited by passenger789

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

adding to the support for the mods.  I PM'd them Tuesday morning after Mich did reply to my post about having troubles with the Long Island show.  This was before tickets went on sale.  Being at work I had missed Mich's follow to my post and then sent him the PM.  By about 15 minutes later I recall the small thought of "What is Mich's problem?  Not getting right back to me right away, not cool."  Then as things fell apart it was easy to see why I didn't get a "prompt" reply.  And very quickly realized those guys are going to have a rough day.  Keep up the good work guys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dwenn said:

adding to the support for the mods.  I PM'd them Tuesday morning after Mich did reply to my post about having troubles with the Long Island show.  This was before tickets went on sale.  Being at work I had missed Mich's follow to my post and then sent him the PM.  By about 15 minutes later I recall the small thought of "What is Mich's problem?  Not getting right back to me right away, not cool."  Then as things fell apart it was easy to see why I didn't get a "prompt" reply.  And very quickly realized those guys are going to have a rough day.  Keep up the good work guys!

we have around 19 pages of PMs about the issue - that's the reason she wasn't able to contact you and basically anyone else. Apologies for that...

the general answer would be that you should go to customer services with your inquiry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No apologies necessary!  Save for my apology to "her" and not "him"  :D  For me everything worked out great as I was able to get a proper link to work and I have a success story of pulling GA and being done in literally one minute total transaction.  Hoping Monday goes well for all of you and all of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Support for the moderators from here aswell. They´ve been always so helpful. For example on Tuesday they promptly answered my e-mail and solved that issue and I got the code on time. Many thanks for you guys. Really appreciate your work. Love & peace :POP_Heart_02:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kaber said:

The 'verified fan' appears to nothing to do with preventing scalpers - it's all about making more money - TM grabbed phone numbers on top of data they already hold and can mine data for their benefit not ours. As has always been the case not all tickets are on sale at once. What a wonderful business model... 

 

 

Yep, sad but true. Now they have all our mobile numbers, which they will probably sell to telemarketers. Grrr...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

still is...

Max, Mich and Big  Wave,

I suspect I know the answer to this, but it would be great to get the people responsible to admit to their mistakes and talk about what they will do to fix it next time.  As you know better than all of us, every presale has had big problems, although this one appears to have taken them to new heights. In what appeared to have been an attempt to fix some of the past problems they created even more this time.  Acknowledging it and talking about how to fix it won't change anything for the hundreds of people who lost out this time - but it would still be the right thing to do.

Also, this time the screw up was large enough that the band really should say something.  Previous times most of the anger was directed toward Ticketmaster and Live Nation.  This time there has been, to my recollection at least, a real change.  A lot more people are calling out the band.  If, as a previous poster indicated, they sold off a lot of the tour and merchandise side of the business, perhaps they need to admit their disappointment with how it has worked.  They at least need to let their most loyal fans know this isn't acceptable to them.  

Those of us who have been long time fans know that one of the things that always used to differentiate the band was how they treated and cared about their fans.  Most of us have first or second hand stories about things they've done to prove that.  But remaining quiet on this one would suggest that either they don't care the way they used to; aren't aware of how many of their serious fans have been f@cked over this time; or they have some kind of contractual gag order about commenting about TM and LN..  This one was big enough the band should say something - either on these forums or in a post on the site like the "This we never imagine" one recently.  

If the guys in the band still care, and I would like to believe they do, they should spend a bit of time reading through the forums,  This royal screw up is not the only thing over the past few years that suggest they may have slipped out of touch with how fans are feeling. 

Ideally people are working hard to get those who got screwed out of tickets proper compensation.  But most of us will doubt that is happening.  And the deafening silence from the "powers that be" just raises the question of whether anyone other than the three of you know and care. Thanks for all you have done and try to do.  No need to respond. All I ask is that you pass this along.  What TM, LN and U2 do next will tell us what they really think of it. 

(Note: I say all this as a fan that had a really good experience this time.  My concern is not personal.  It is a concern for other fans and a concern that a cornerstone of what I have always really admired about the band seems to be slipping away.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just adding my support for the moderators. It is clear how dedicated you all are to U2 and their fans. Thank you so much for your hard work and endless patience and good humor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dwenn said:

No apologies necessary!  Save for my apology to "her" and not "him"  :D  For me everything worked out great as I was able to get a proper link to work and I have a success story of pulling GA and being done in literally one minute total transaction.  Hoping Monday goes well for all of you and all of us!

No worries from the "her" of the bunch. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BillHenderson said:

Max, Mich and Big  Wave,

I suspect I know the answer to this, but it would be great to get the people responsible to admit to their mistakes and talk about what they will do to fix it next time.  As you know better than all of us, every presale has had big problems, although this one appears to have taken them to new heights. In what appeared to have been an attempt to fix some of the past problems they created even more this time.  Acknowledging it and talking about how to fix it won't change anything for the hundreds of people who lost out this time - but it would still be the right thing to do.

Also, this time the screw up was large enough that the band really should say something.  Previous times most of the anger was directed toward Ticketmaster and Live Nation.  This time there has been, to my recollection at least, a real change.  A lot more people are calling out the band.  If, as a previous poster indicated, they sold off a lot of the tour and merchandise side of the business, perhaps they need to admit their disappointment with how it has worked.  They at least need to let their most loyal fans know this isn't acceptable to them.  

Those of us who have been long time fans know that one of the things that always used to differentiate the band was how they treated and cared about their fans.  Most of us have first or second hand stories about things they've done to prove that.  But remaining quiet on this one would suggest that either they don't care the way they used to; aren't aware of how many of their serious fans have been f@cked over this time; or they have some kind of contractual gag order about commenting about TM and LN..  This one was big enough the band should say something - either on these forums or in a post on the site like the "This we never imagine" one recently.  

If the guys in the band still care, and I would like to believe they do, they should spend a bit of time reading through the forums,  This royal screw up is not the only thing over the past few years that suggest they may have slipped out of touch with how fans are feeling. 

Ideally people are working hard to get those who got screwed out of tickets proper compensation.  But most of us will doubt that is happening.  And the deafening silence from the "powers that be" just raises the question of whether anyone other than the three of you know and care. Thanks for all you have done and try to do.  No need to respond. All I ask is that you pass this along.  What TM, LN and U2 do next will tell us what they really think of it. 

(Note: I say all this as a fan that had a really good experience this time.  My concern is not personal.  It is a concern for other fans and a concern that a cornerstone of what I have always really admired about the band seems to be slipping away.)

I couldn't agree more with what Bill writes in this post. I, too, had a mostly good experience this time, so I don't have any complaints for myself. However, I am saddened by the fact that the members of U2 allow crap like this to happen over and over again EVERY time tickets go on sale. The ticket prices are exorbitant; fans can't get tickets; the software/customer service is never adequate to handle the demand. But it doesn't have to be like this. U2 could demand that LiveNation and Ticketmaster do things differently. They, probably more than any other band in the world, have the power and the clout to get Ticketmaster and LiveNation to treat their devoted fans better. I wish I could just blame it all on LN and TM, but some of the responsibility for this needs to be laid at the feet of our beloved boys. I makes me sad that I am starting to have these glimmers of resentment towards this band I love so much. I don't want to feel taken advantage of when Bono thanks fans for "giving them a great life" -- It's time for U2 to step up and make this right for their fans.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.