bchamberlin

This site and the admin team can go f*** yourselves (moderated)

Not sure I agree with your choice of words bchamberlin but got to agree that this whole pre-sale thing is a mess and there are already tickets on secondary websites so it hasn't stopped that. Add to this the fact that the ticket prices are completely extortionate and ripping the fans off and I get why you're not best pleased.

Until they figure out how to strip it down and give true fans access to a great experience without such hassle and expense, I feel the same way about whoever is in control of ticket buying process. I appreciate the mods / middle-men who only try to help. 

Edited by Nickford0074

25 minutes ago, Nickford0074 said:

Until they figure out how to strip it down and give true fans access to a great experience without such hassle and expense, I feel the same way. Who controls this? 

nobody on the touring side cares about fan experience..  it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2 hours ago, bchamberlin said:

Seriously.  Literally go fuck yourselves.  

I wouldn't lump everyone in the same boat. The mods here went above and beyond the call of duty. Ticketmaster, Live Nation, U2.com's help staff, U2's management and anyone involved in this presale? Woof. Total incompetence on their part.

12 minutes ago, 2000_man said:

I wouldn't lump everyone in the same boat. The mods here went above and beyond the call of duty. Ticketmaster, Live Nation, U2.com's help staff, U2's management and anyone involved in this presale? Woof. Total incompetence on their part.

Agree with this - yesterday and today had nothing to do with the Mods and they have no control or access to fix any of this apart from being able to potentially pass along feedback and information from us to folks who may be able to help. For The Joshua Tree tour there was a problem with the Chicago GA tickets not dropping right away. We posted about it, the mods seemingly passed that along and it was fixed quickly and they alerted us to the fix. I remember there being instances of similar communication during past tours. This time it seems the problems are much bigger than an issue with a single show and that's a lot to put on the mods to be responsible for.

bschamberlain, that is just unfair.  Being abusive to the moderators here is seriously offside.  Try to put yourself in their shoes.  All they can do is pass feedback on.  They don't control anything other than these forums - and the fact they haven't shut you out speaks to how hard they work to try to make up for deficiencies at ticketmaster, scalpers, and other issues with presales and sales.     Search the forums and you will see they have always done a great job of trying to sort things out for people by directing them where they need to go, and making issues know to "the powers that be".  I can tell you they have helped me out with issues a number of times.  You owe them an apology.

By all means, be abusive to ticket master.  95% of the world will agree with you. Feel free to rant about the band's management. Lots will agree with you. They clearly tried to solve an ongoing problems with scalper's bots, and the solution had serious problems.  At one time or another, we've all been super frustrated by a presale. Blowing off steam at those responsible who should have done a better job is fair.  But leave the moderators out of it.

• Like 2

These moderators are volunteers. Frankly, I don't know how they dealt with yesterday's debacle AND worked at their real jobs. Seriously, think about that for a moment.

I got shit on my presale today - didn't even get my code until 10:20 - but any frustration I have is directed towards TM, LN, and frankly, the band themselves. 

Mods are blameless, IMO.

bchamberlin,

I know you are blowing off steam. Believe me, I am livid as well.

But I am fairly certain the mods are not sitting in ticketmaster HQ choosing email addresses to send codes to. (...if I am wrong bigwave, there are three whole crisp one dollar bills, and a McDonalds Gift Certificate in it for you if you can send me a code...wink wink, nudge nudge)

Live to fight another day man. And for the love of heaven.... shave that baby's beard!

You realize the moderators have positively NOTHING to do with the sale of tickets or the management of this website as a whole or the distribution of fan privileges in any way shape or form. They're volunteers who moderate this forum. They're all fans like you and I. 

If you have a legitimate complaint and you feel the U2.com paid staff (that being Live Nation and Fanfire) are not adequately addressing said complaint, take it up with the Better Business Bureau. Leave the mod staff alone.

If you want their help, ask nicely and if they are able to they'll help you or direct you to someone who can. But not if you behave like a child and mouth of profanities at them. 

Also, get a grip. Find another way to vent your frustrations. Like...Twitter? Facebook? running? exercise? 

And really all of this goes for anyone... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2000_man said:

Agreed. I know for a fact that bigwave, mich40 and the other mods tried really hard, under totally crap circumstances beyond their control, to help as many and as much as they could until the site went down.  A thankless proposition and I feel really bad for them as I feel bad for us...I still didn’t get my code from TM/The powers that be.  But the mods did nothing but try hard to help and get blasted. 

Yes, it feels like 2005 all over again. I’m not happy with u2 dot com’s lack of customer service either, I STILL can’t get through and haven’t received an answer to my question/plea submitted online. Ticketmaster? There is a special place in hell for them. Telling them to fuck off, THAT I’m totally behind 100%!!! But the mods don’t deserve abuse. What if that was your kid or loved one working that volunteer position and having abuse heaped on them? Think of it that way...

~Sue

Just wanted to thank you all for your wonderful support.  We did and will continue to do whatever we can.  It's been a hard 2 days but we are here for you guys as much as we can be.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, bchamberlin said:

Seriously.  Literally go fuck yourselves.  

Mate, the mods got fucked on. Everyone got fucked on. 

LN and TM are the problem. The sub pre-sale lottery is a disgrace to all long time subbers. VF doesn't seem like it works seeing there's loads on secondary sites. Hardly any GA for innocence pre-sales and pushing poor or expensive seats instead. Waiting on citi presales to see how that goes which is a lottery but that was known beforehand. 

• Like 1

To me the only ones coming out of this with any credit are the moderators. So well done and thank you bigwave, mich40 and Max Tsukino.  There is an awful lot of justifiable anger out there and that anger should be directed at Live Nation, Ticketmaster & I'm sad to say U2

• Like 1

The Mods have done a sterling job.  Unfortuanetley I can't see a solution to pre sale tickets entering onto the secondary market shortly afterwards. Anyone can pay the U2 membership fee and if their one of the fortunate ones snag tix through the pre sale and then sell those at inflated prices on the secondary market.  Something needs to be done to police the secondary market i.e. something along the lines of limiting the value of tickets on the secondary at face value + any admin charges the purchaser oringinally incurred. 

This is wider issue and not entirely U2's fault.  This is more for Live Nation, Ticketmaster, AXS and others to sort with the secondary market.  

Hey Chamberlin, here’s a solution: move to Australia and you’ll never have to worry about buying U2 tickets ever again!

• Like 2

The 'verified fan' appears to nothing to do with preventing scalpers - it's all about making more money - TM grabbed phone numbers on top of data they already hold and can mine data for their benefit not ours. As has always been the case not all tickets are on sale at once. What a wonderful business model... 

The  Powers at  be are  the ones  who should  get   the  complaints,  the mods here are a  decent lot. i feel   the fans and the mods, all have  been  let down  by   the powers at  be.
any  anger, and i do fully understand,should  be  directed  at  the  ones who  can  sort out  this   crap about  no  codes  and  Fan verification  crap  for  subbers,  and that  is  Livenation.

I Have  a  running complaint,still running and  i doubt  it  will ever  be resolved,  the  mods have  Tried, tried   to help, but sadly  it is out of   their  hands, they  do  try  to  help and i appreciate   them for   that.

Yes, the mods are definitely top notch. Must have been incredibly stressful for them 

1 minute ago, kaber said:

Yes, the mods are definitely top notch. Must have been incredibly stressful for them 

still is...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

still is...

I can only imagine.  Hats off to all three of you. It's so clear you are working hard to help fans how you can, and that you are in tough positions. Thank you.

I have always felt very appreciative of the mods. I have had a few issues and questions over the years With my membership. Either they’ve answered me directly or I’ve gotten my answer by reading their response to someone else. When I recently posted a question about the Citi presale, they posted within a few minutes that they were working on getting my answer. That was at a super crazy busy time and I was totally shocked at the fast response I got. In this day and age, I don’t expect much customer service from any organization/business so I was completely surprised to get actual personal attention. Thanks to the mods for doing heroes work over the last several days (and really years). These guys aren’t paid????  That’s ridiculous. I for one am glad I have you working on my behalf.