snorkel

Holy crap... No GA?

What is this additional verified presale happening on 11/20 that everyone is talking about?

No GA for the Boston show either.  And just to actually view the whole screen you had to pay $200+ for one ticket.  I've been a member and had many years of tickets success but this new "experience" is beyond awful for fans of the band for years.  I'm going to have to pray that the general presale has tickets that I can afford.

1 minute ago, bastee said:

What is this additional verified presale happening on 11/20 that everyone is talking about?

from U2.com, you need to register like right now

VERIFIED FAN GENERAL ONSALE / MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20

REGISTER NOW

I dont know why people keep calling it a presale, It is not a presale, it is the general public onsale. Unlike in the past any fan, even for public onsale fans have to register for the ticketmaster verified sale. That is why people refer to it as a presale, however it is not a presale at all, like I said it is the general public sale.

Did ANYBODY get GA for the innocence group? Clear that they hardly released any, which is bullshit. Not buying anything today, those crazy expensive seats aren’t going anywhere. Just hope they release more GA soon. 

3 minutes ago, zerokul175 said:

from U2.com, you need to register like right now

VERIFIED FAN GENERAL ONSALE / MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20

REGISTER NOW

Thanks....but since anyone can do it without a subscription to u2.com, it is basically like a general onsale, right?

Just now, bastee said:

Thanks....but since anyone can do it without a subscription to u2.com, it is basically like a general onsale, right?

It IS the general onsale. Not a presale.

3 minutes ago, wbdover said:

Did ANYBODY get GA for the innocence group? Clear that they hardly released any, which is bullshit. Not buying anything today, those crazy expensive seats aren’t going anywhere. Just hope they release more GA soon. 

I got GA for St Louis and am heading there from the tour opener in Tulsa (husband got GA to that show yesterday during experience pre sale)

That said, I didn't get GA for the show happening 15min away from my house (Los Angeles) so I went St Louis instead. I'm going to try for LA tomorrow during Citi and the public on sale after that if it doesn't work out. Arg.

Don't forget, in the past there have almost always been GA ticket drops the day before and day of shows as a last minute resort if you don't want to go StubHub

Edited by lukylsp

I'm sad that I got on today at 10:00 a.m. for the Innocence group, and couldn't get GA. The other tickets available are at the top of the arena, and it's hard to rationalize $330 a piece for the ones that are farthest away.

Yeah. I don’t understand why selling tickets is so complicated. It’d be one thing to have signed on at five in the afternoon, but I jumped on right away and they were all gone.

32 minutes ago, pacifica422 said:

Sad, isn't it? Yet if you go to StubHub or SeatGeek (thieves), there are GA tickets, for like $395.00. So much for "keeping scalpers out". 

Currently 99 GAs available for the NY show at MSG.  Glad to see tickets are getting into the hands of the fans :angry:

20 minutes ago, mnel13 said:

It IS the general onsale. Not a presale.

Actually ticketmaster lists general onsale and "verified fan" presale as going on at the same time. Not sure what the difference is,  but they are listed separately fwiw

42 minutes ago, lukylsp said:

For the first time ever I didn't get GA in my hometown (Los Angeles) with pre-sale - crossing my fingers for Citi and then public I guess. Such a bummer, never had that happen before.

More shows will be added for LA I'm sure.

Just now, greenpower said:

I'm sure there will be however, in the past I've gotten GA for ALL of them with no issues with the codes (and sometimes luck). It's a bummer.

Actually ticketmaster lists general onsale and "verified fan" presale as going on at the same time. Not sure what the difference is,  but they are listed separately fwiw

Im not sure where you're seeing that as I cant see any of the sale times on ticketmaster, however if you go to http://www.u2.com/soe_na which is the advertising for the tour before you enter the site, underneath where it talks about the presale it says "Verified Fan Onsale/Monday November 20" and then has the link to register. Either way I registered because as far as I can tell they didn't even offer ga to innocence members for the Boston show. 

Just now, greenpower said:

I think the same if we look dates between each city, looks like there will be more dates added like the past Innocense and Experience tour !!
Wait your codes there's no reason to buy anything expensive or in different location !

Does anyone recall as shows were added if there were corresponding fan presales for these shows? I can't remember how it worked last time there were multiple shows as I always used my code for the first show and got GA. Never had to worry about other shows being announced. If more dates are announced and they have another innocence/experience presale for the added shows, that would solve a  lot of the backlash.

I finally got an Experience code about 20  minutes ago, but there are no GAs. Still a bust.

Does anyone know/has anyone noticed if they are doing afternoon drops?  I, too, am looking for GA in LA and getting nothing.  For JT, I was able to get 4 GA after about an hour of trying in the presale, but no such luck today.  Wondering if I should keep trying/if they will drop more Innocence tickets, or if I should just hold out hope for shows to be added (which seems likely).

5 minutes ago, bastee said:

Does anyone recall as shows were added if there were corresponding fan presales for these shows? I can't remember how it worked last time there were multiple shows as I always used my code for the first show and got GA. Never had to worry about other shows being announced. If more dates are announced and they have another innocence/experience presale for the added shows, that would solve a  lot of the backlash.

My recollection is that, if you have not used your presale code, you would be able to use it for presales for future shows that are added. For example, I could have chosen to sit on my code this time and hold out for shows in Toronto on a future North American leg, using my presale code at that time. I went into this presale with that exact thought - that if I didn't get GAs for the show of my choice on this leg, I wouldn't be upset because I would just hold out for the second leg. I guess maybe that was an easier thing for me because I am in Ontario and there are NO Canadian shows except Montreal - so I am flying or driving a minimum of 9 hours no matter what show I chose for this leg. 

NO GA available for the first hour of the presale, but finally was able to buy 2 GA for the LA show! So much stress, now I have a headache!!!!! Relieved though;)

Still haven't been able to buy any GAs for LA...they better open another show or I'm going to be really sad... :(

Haven't missed a tour in years!!

My question is... What are the boys going to do for their long time fans (like since 1978) who tried for over an hour to purchase tickets, codes didn't work and when they finally worked we got error messages to try again later?  By the time tickets popped up they were way too expensive for shitty seats!  This verified code shit is ridiculous!  BOYS....Please give us another chance to get tickets...many real fans didn't get tickets at all. I certainly cannot afford 331.00 per ticket, for crappy seats no less. WTH U2??????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tracy M said:

My recollection is that, if you have not used your presale code, you would be able to use it for presales for future shows that are added. For example, I could have chosen to sit on my code this time and hold out for shows in Toronto on a future North American leg, using my presale code at that time. I went into this presale with that exact thought - that if I didn't get GAs for the show of my choice on this leg, I wouldn't be upset because I would just hold out for the second leg. I guess maybe that was an easier thing for me because I am in Ontario and there are NO Canadian shows except Montreal - so I am flying or driving a minimum of 9 hours no matter what show I chose for this leg. 

I was more wondering if they add shows to this leg of the tour will there be presales for the added shows, not necessary a second leg of the tour later in the year. Last time Boston started as 1 show if I recall, but they played 3. Could be wrong.  Again, using Boston as an example, they have 3 days before and 3 days after in which they could add shows. In the past, whenever they have played at the Boston Garden they have played multiple shows.