snorkel

Holy crap... No GA?

GA for Long Island came up right away this morning for this Innocence member.  I thought they would all have been taken up yeasterday,  but there they were in my basket at 10.01 am.  My text code came in morning around 8am, and worked just fine.   i didnt try for any other shows as i bought to for the Nassau Coliseum show,  and thats the limit.  SEE YOU IN LONG ISLAND!!!!!]

1 hour ago, bastee said:

I was more wondering if they add shows to this leg of the tour will there be presales for the added shows, not necessary a second leg of the tour later in the year. Last time Boston started as 1 show if I recall, but they played 3. Could be wrong.  Again, using Boston as an example, they have 3 days before and 3 days after in which they could add shows. In the past, whenever they have played at the Boston Garden they have played multiple shows.

I would think that yes, there will be pre-sales for any shows added to this leg - and if you did not use your code, you are good to go!

1 minute ago, edgeofmars said:

If I used my code to check for tickets, but didn't actually buy tickets, does that count as using my code?

I wouldn't think that would be the case. I used my code trying to get GA to any show and it never locked me out from browsing. I didn't buy anything, so I can't say if that is the defining moment.

Just now, toyoracer said:

I wouldn't think that would be the case. I used my code trying to get GA to any show and it never locked me out from browsing. I didn't buy anything, so I can't say if that is the defining moment.

Thanks, I hope that's the case! I didn't buy tickets with my code yet, and after 2 hours the code suddenly isn't working anymore, although I haven't bought anything.

There definitely seemed to be bots at work today.  I was trying to get 2 RZ tickets for DC.  I saw them on the list at 1:00 EST on the dot, moved pretty much as quickly as humanly possible to select them, and still got the dreaded error message that another fan got them first.  It wasn't even 1:01 yet.

No GA's for the first time since becoming a fan club member.  Wasted my code on limited view seats (no way am I paying over 300-bucks for what really amount to regular seats).

Thing is, those of us who took what we could get on this sale are out in the cold when the additional dates are announced.  Being a real fan just isn't worth it. 

I'll step aside and let the rich folks who have U2 on their concert bucket list take over.   

No GA in Chicago when they went on sale at 12:00.  I have been going to U2 shows since 1981.  If additional shows aren't added and GAs are as rare as this show for the subscribing fan club member, JT '17 will be the last.  Very disappointed in this go round.

And this who doing verified fan and TM to limit tickets getting to scalpers tripe really rings hallow when the right side of the screen is filled with secondary market re-selling of tickets.  That whole idea should be removed from the equation.

Edited by Crazygoji

9 minutes ago, Mikey2650 said:

DO we know for sure all these shows are sold out? Isn't it possible they are releasing GA in batches?

If by batches you mean releasing more for every presale we all assumed so, but it appears to a lot of people as if they did not release many, if any floor tickets to shows for the innocence group today. I've seen two people total on the forums that bought floor tickets as part of the innocence group, along with a whole lot of people that didn't even sniff ga.

Same here. I have been trying for GA on all shows since 10 am (and still am) and not one seen. 6 other friends have not seen one either. For JT, it took about an hour or two before GA suddenly dropped. However, this is seeming to add up to no GA for  iNNOCENCE presale (which is the entire point of why most people purchase presale). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bastee said:

I was more wondering if they add shows to this leg of the tour will there be presales for the added shows, not necessary a second leg of the tour later in the year. Last time Boston started as 1 show if I recall, but they played 3. Could be wrong.  Again, using Boston as an example, they have 3 days before and 3 days after in which they could add shows. In the past, whenever they have played at the Boston Garden they have played multiple shows.

For the Innocence tour there was a pre-sale for the added dates. I got tickets to the Denver show with my code.

Tried to get GA tix at 10 am for L.A.  The powers that be didn’t let that happen. 

For the rose bowl show last year this crap happened as well for us fans, and somehow the GA tix magically appeared an hour after they were supposed to.

i was hoping that would be the case today but they never actually released any GA tix for Los Angeles for the innocence presale.

i named my firstborn Bono.  (I’m a fan). But man, what has happened to my heroes?  I saw that they have tix for $300+   This is madness, and I fear that we the public have fed it.  

Anyway, give me my damn GA tickets and I’ll shut up.

Edited by skinnyfunk

I'm pretty sure they hardly released any GA's for the Innocence group, and I refuse to believe they sold them all in yesterday's pre sale. I guess we will just have to try our luck in the general sale - how do we participate in the general sale if we have an Innocence group code?

Also what is this awful site for the Atlanta show? I can't pick my seats?

9 hours ago, wbdover said:

No GA in Nashville. I was in in the first minute. No chance they sold all of them yesterday. What the hell?

I got mine about 20+ min in after several tries. The first 3 times I checked (including the first minute) there were no GAs. Last tour too this happened and I got lucky during the regular sale. So try again! Good luck!

Worst presales I’ve ever experienced.  Refuse to pay $700 for my son and I to go to a show.   All that was available for the innocence group in Boston were over priced VIP tickets.   

17 hours ago, Tracy M said:

My recollection is that, if you have not used your presale code, you would be able to use it for presales for future shows that are added. For example, I could have chosen to sit on my code this time and hold out for shows in Toronto on a future North American leg, using my presale code at that time. I went into this presale with that exact thought - that if I didn't get GAs for the show of my choice on this leg, I wouldn't be upset because I would just hold out for the second leg. I guess maybe that was an easier thing for me because I am in Ontario and there are NO Canadian shows except Montreal - so I am flying or driving a minimum of 9 hours no matter what show I chose for this leg. 

I am hoping for exactly that. Also in Ontario and holding out for a Toronto show.

6 minutes ago, DrGreg said:

I am hoping for exactly that. Also in Ontario and holding out for a Toronto show.

Last time this happened was in 2005 with Vertigo. We used the lack of a Toronto show in the spring as an excuse to visit NYC and take in a show at Madison Square Gardens, as it coincided with our Victoria Day weekend. This time, we are going to Nashville. We considered Montreal, but I was really nervous about dealing with a non-ticketmaster venue in addition to all the other changes for the presale this time around - and my husband spends so much time there on business that he is really NOT a fan of the city. I am quite sure that Toronto will be added on another leg....with any luck, right around my 50th birthday lol! Of course, I'll have to take my chances with the regular sale, but so be it.

1 minute ago, Tracy M said:

Last time this happened was in 2005 with Vertigo. We used the lack of a Toronto show in the spring as an excuse to visit NYC and take in a show at Madison Square Gardens, as it coincided with our Victoria Day weekend. This time, we are going to Nashville. We considered Montreal, but I was really nervous about dealing with a non-ticketmaster venue in addition to all the other changes for the presale this time around - and my husband spends so much time there on business that he is really NOT a fan of the city. I am quite sure that Toronto will be added on another leg....with any luck, right around my 50th birthday lol! Of course, I'll have to take my chances with the regular sale, but so be it.

I love Montreal, but it is a midweek show and my wife is a teacher, so that was a nonstarter. And you are correct to be wary of the Bell Centre's ticketing system. I had bad experiences with them on earlier Bruce Springsteen tours.

$716 for a pair of tickets?  I am dumbfounded.  Who pays more than $350 a ticket for 3 hours of performance?  In Washington, the only tickets offered that were not $350 are behind the stage or in the 400's.  No GA.  Very disappointing, and there are already an enormous number of tickets on offer on Craigslist, and all the ticket scalping sites, so I'm assuming the Fan Verified Ticketmaster was not the only way tickets were sold.

13 minutes ago, DrGreg said:

I love Montreal, but it is a midweek show and my wife is a teacher, so that was a nonstarter. And you are correct to be wary of the Bell Centre's ticketing system. I had bad experiences with them on earlier Bruce Springsteen tours.

Strangely, that makes me feel even better about my decision lol! I know people complain about Ticketmaster, but I still trust them far more than any other ticketseller, even if that is not saying much. For us, Montreal is a 9-hour drive and Nashville is 10, so we figured what the heck! And since it will be spring, we don't have to worry about bad roads. We drove to NYC in January last year for one kid's university experience, and to Chicago from west of Toronto in early February last year for the other kid, so at least this time the drive is about US (and U2 of course.)

The page reloaded 2 minutes after 10 AM for the Experience pre-sale and all GAs were gone.  It's official:  U2 Start has declared this the worst presale since the Vertigo Tour in 2005

12 minutes ago, TheLoungeFLy said:

The page reloaded 2 minutes after 10 AM for the Experience pre-sale and all GAs were gone.  It's official:  U2 Start has declared this the worst presale since the Vertigo Tour in 2005

I think it was about 2 or 3 minutes in that I found my GAs. They were not immediately apparent, that's for sure. I think I just got lucky. I would say it was not as easy as other presales, and part of that was the unknown. I think the only thing that saved my bacon was that I did not panic in the middle of purchasing. which I have done in the past. The other thing that was interesting was that I had logged into my TM account on both my TM app on my phone, and on my desktop, with the intent to use whichever device got through first. Turned out it was my desktop. And yet, when I went for tickets in this same fashion (Verified Fan presale) for another artist last month, I had to use my phone because I was at work, and it was super fast and smooth. I almost went just with my phone. Thank goodness I didn't, because my phone was still trying to access the page when I was checking out with my tickets on my desktop.

Edited by Tracy M
adding info