Sign in to follow this  
mnel13

New batch of tickets?

I had been checking with the tickets available for the boston show since yesterday and it looks to me like they just left the same exact tickets, let alone the fact that it took several minutes to even be given the option to enter an innocence code, and since GA for boston was sold out during the experience sale it looks like they screwed innocence members. Did anyone with innocence get GA for boston today or was it already gone when you got in?

Already gone. I had 2 other friends looking for GA for Boston today with their Innocence codes, too, and nothing.  

Ive been trying on 3 different devices and nothing, but I dont have anything better to do so Im gonna keep trying for at least the next half an hour and update if anything changes, though I doubt it with how this presales been run

No luck on GA for Boston either.  Or any seats that the normal fan could afford.  Wish I could afford $300+ tickets but...life...  Nice job Guy Oseary good job being a crappy band manager.

I've had the same experience as you folks. I had three devices ready, and tried to get GA for the L.A. show. None were available for us "Innocence group" people. I can't afford the $330 seats, which, curiously enough, are the ones the farthest away.

Yesterday Experienced folks reported no more GA tickets for DC. Today I logged in and couldn't find anything in GA. I'm really disappointed but at least I got a pair of tickets. Keep in mind this stage severely limits the number of GA tickets vs other tours.  

This is not fun!  this was supposed to prevent scalpers...well then who is getting all the tickets????  I am sure GA will be all over the scalper sites.  I can't any good seats and I've been trying since 1:00 for Boston!

secured two GA for Long Island within one minute of logging in today with the Innocence group presale.  my code came over my text at 8 am this morning. .  vowed to do a different venue this time, so no Boston NYC or New Jersey.  LONG ISLAND here we come.  not to far a drive from central Connecticut at all.

Also tried at 1pm EST to get GA for DC and nothing. Super disappointing!!!! I am praying they open new tour dates! PLEASE!!!! DC needs another show!! It's super disappointing that as an innocence member there were no GAs left at all. I kept refreshing for 45 minutes and nothing. I even tried Philly and Atlanta even though DC is way more convenient for me and nothing. I can't afford the good seats and honestly after seeing so many shows in GA, I don't ever want to see them any other way.

2 minutes ago, allirogo said:

I am praying they open new tour dates! PLEASE!!!! DC needs another show!!

I think most cities will get a second date.

On the 2015 tour, U2 played two nights in a row in each city, and then had two nights off before their next two nights in a row.  If you look at how the dates are spaced, it looks like they're preparing to do that again:

MAY 2 TULSA - not likely to have an added date since that would give U2 three shows in a row without a travel date

MAY 4 ST LOUIS - could have May 5th added but would only allow one day off between shows so this is probably unlikely

MAY 7 SAN JOSE - could have May 8th added and still have two days off before next show

MAY 11 LAS VEGAS - could have May 12th added and still have two days off before next show

MAY 15 LOS ANGELES - could have May 16th added and possibly a third date (18th or 19th), and still have two days before next show

MAY 22 CHICAGO - could have May 23rd added and still have two days off before next show

MAY 26 NASHVILLE - likely to be the only date in this city for same reasons as Tulsa

MAY 28 ATLANTA - could have May 29th added, could also take two days off after then and add two more shows on June 1st and 2nd, and still have two days off before next show - could also add a new city between Atlanta and Montreal

JUNE 5 MONTREAL - could have June 6th added and still have two days off before next show

JUNE 9 UNIONDALE - could have June 10th added and still have two days off before next show

JUNE 13 PHILADELPHIA - could have June 14th added and still have two days off before next show

JUNE 17 WASHINGTON DC - could have June 18th show added and still have two days off before next show

JUNE 21 BOSTON - could have June 22nd show added and still have two days off before next show

JUNE 25 NEW YORK CITY - could have June 26th show added and still have two days off before next show

JUNE 29 NEWARK - last day of first leg of tour, could add as many additional dates as they want

My guess is if the first show in each of these cities sells out quickly, a second date could be added for almost every venue.  For Los Angeles and Atlanta, we could see more than just one, or another city could be added between Atlanta and Montreal, or after Newark.

The prices on this tour are very high.  In certain markets, like Los Angeles and New York, I don't think that will be as much of an issue, but in other areas I could imagine the price causing tickets to sell more slowly than they had in the past.  It's looking like, for a lot of venues, not only will most of the lower level be $325, but the upper level sections above the lower level $325 sections will be priced at $325 for rows 1-10 or higher in a lot of places.  That could limit demand and may cause an extra show not to be added.  (I think that happened in Los Angeles last year, where they held more dates at the venue than demand could fill - I don't think that Los Angeles had less people who wanted to see U2 from the previous tour, I think it's just that it had less people who wanted to pay to see U2 at the prices being asked.)

So I think we'll definitely see more dates added.  If it's like the 2015 tour again, the dates won't be added instantly but will have separate onsale announcements.  And if Verified Fan general onsale is run for U2's additional dates the way it was for Ed Sheeran this year, there will be a separate registration period for the new dates as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anjlfan said:

This is not fun!  this was supposed to prevent scalpers...well then who is getting all the tickets????  I am sure GA will be all over the scalper sites.  I can't any good seats and I've been trying since 1:00 for Boston!

yeh this afternoon stubhub has almost 200 GA tix for boston  at Triple the price +        I tried & all that came up were upper balcony  ...... good seats were the $650 packages .

I'm surprised that GA allowed for paper tickets in areas where CCE is legal -- in 2015 and 2017, GA were CCE only unless it was in New York state (CCE is illegal in NY).

3 hours ago, vertigojds said:

I'm surprised that GA allowed for paper tickets in areas where CCE is legal -- in 2015 and 2017, GA were CCE only unless it was in New York state (CCE is illegal in NY).

yes I am shocked to find out they are paper tix as well. Disaster!! Thanks for your response above to my plea for another DC date. i do hope you're right and they add dates. Of course now I wonder if I will be able to get GAs even if they do! :(

14 hours ago, allirogo said:

yes I am shocked to find out they are paper tix as well. Disaster!! Thanks for your response above to my plea for another DC date. i do hope you're right and they add dates. Of course now I wonder if I will be able to get GAs even if they do! :(

My experience for trying for GAs in 2015 and 2017 (both in the presale and the general sale) is just to keep trying during the morning they go onsale.  It seems like none ever show up when I try the second the tickets go on sale, and I get that "no tickets left in the section you requested" message, but I've found that if I keep trying for 5-10 minutes, they eventually show up.  My uneducated guess is that it takes a few minutes for the entire ticket inventory for a large event to be "turned on" or to enter the system, but I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, vertigojds said:

My experience for trying for GAs in 2015 and 2017 (both in the presale and the general sale) is just to keep trying during the morning they go onsale.  It seems like none ever show up when I try the second the tickets go on sale, and I get that "no tickets left in the section you requested" message, but I've found that if I keep trying for 5-10 minutes, they eventually show up.  My uneducated guess is that it takes a few minutes for the entire ticket inventory for a large event to be "turned on" or to enter the system, but I could be wrong.

Ok good to know. i definitely did keep manically refreshing for 45 mins during presale and none came up BUT i will definitely try again MOnday morning. It bums me out there was another presale today for citicard holders. UGH! Makes my chances seem less and less. But worth the try.

This is part of what frustrates me. People in presales after fan club members had access to GA tickets. Those tickets still aren't available to fan club members, and our presale ends in just about ninety minutes.

Citibank does a lot of presales for shows I'm interested in besides U2. I ended up getting a Citi card just for that. I never use it for anything other than tickets and pay it off immediately. On one hand, I think it's crazy that I had to get an entirely new credit card to have a chance of getting decent seats to things, on the other hand, that seems to be how it works these days. There is at least one free Citi card that doesn't charge fees to join. Maybe too late now to help with this current sale but might be worth looking into for any potentially added dates or future tour legs.