Sign in to follow this  
kennedp

More Nights Please!

2 hours ago, kennedp said:

Any chance U2 can come to Toronto? They never miss Toronto!!!!! Maybe another night in Montreal??????

That could be. Let's cross our fingers!

2 hours ago, kennedp said:

Any chance U2 can come to Toronto? They never miss Toronto!!!!! Maybe another night in Montreal??????

There is a chance, but unlikely I think.  If they were planning Toronto, you'd think they'd have included it from the start as they always have in the past. It may be an issue with ACC availability with NHL and NBA playoffs both on at the same time.  If you were at the JT show in Toronto, it was clear that Bono was having a "special night" between the Cohen tributes and talking the rest of the band into an extra encore song, so I doubt they wanted to avoid TO.  Scheduling seems like the most likely explanation, and that won't change in a month or two.

I opted to get tickets in Montreal.  It's a great place to visit anyways!.  I think the best shot at TO dates is if they come back to North American after the European Tour.  That is what they did with 360 and it is possible this time around for sure.  

Their indoor tours since 2001 have followed the same pattern - U.S. in the spring/early summer, Europe for the rest of the summer, and the a return to the U.S. in the fall.  It seems likely that they'd repeat that pattern this time, and that cities missed the first round will get them added then.  I have no inside info of course but historically that's how it's worked.