Sign in to follow this  
Asyska

If Anyone Got Screwed Royally Its' Experience Members

If anyone got screwed here royally its the Experience Members that did NOT get a code. How do you do that to the members that have been here the longest? They gave Innocence members (people who could have signed up yesterday for the very first time) a chance to purchase tickets before members who might have been here since U2.com inception. That makes absolutely no sense to me. I was a member of Propaganda magazine where you had to mail in your ticket request order with a money order for crying out loud. A real disservice to the members that have been here the longest and quite frankly I am shocked that a decision was made to allow Experience members to possibly not get a ticket purchase opportunity. Still shaking my head....

• Like 2

yeah it is pretty bad. embarrassing for the band. i paid u2 .com about a thousand bucks and have no ticket. but i have a code ....a code that doesn't work....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Asyska said:

If anyone got screwed here royally its the Experience Members that did NOT get a code. How do you do that to the members that have been here the longest? They gave Innocence members (people who could have signed up yesterday for the very first time) a chance to purchase tickets before members who might have been here since U2.com inception. That makes absolutely no sense to me. I was a member of Propaganda magazine where you had to mail in your ticket request order with a money order for crying out loud. A real disservice to the members that have been here the longest and quite frankly I am shocked that a decision was made to allow Experience members to possibly not get a ticket purchase opportunity. Still shaking my head....

I.m from Ireland and in the experience group . I think u2.com should  go on how long people are in the fan club and guarantee them tickets or the best seats . We pay 40 dollars to join plus ticket prices . Can.t understand why they don.t go on how long ur membership is for tickets 

While I can't justify paying for a membership every year, I can say I have spent thousands of dollars on U2 tickets, merchandise, music, etc. through the years. I am a die hard fan, but I have always felt that I should not have to pay for a fan club membership every year to show my appreciation for their music, nor to reap the rewards of being a real fan. Some of us have a hard enough time just paying the bills. That being said, those who do join every year should get some perks. I just don't know if it's justifiable to say poor people who can't pay for an ongoing membership should not have the same chance for great seats at a low price. The whole fan club system to me is just not the best way to reward your real fans. 

19 minutes ago, Nickford0074 said:

While I can't justify paying for a membership every year, I can say I have spent thousands of dollars on U2 tickets, merchandise, music, etc. through the years. I am a die hard fan, but I have always felt that I should not have to pay for a fan club membership every year to show my appreciation for their music, nor to reap the rewards of being a real fan. Some of us have a hard enough time just paying the bills. That being said, those who do join every year should get some perks. I just don't know if it's justifiable to say poor people who can't pay for an ongoing membership should not have the same chance for great seats at a low price. The whole fan club system to me is just not the best way to reward your real fans. 

we do get perks as long term members.. priority access to tickets BEFORE everyone else, including newly signed up members who sign up after the tour announcement.  it has always allowed me to pretty much get the exact tickets I desire..  until this time, of course, when we were booted from the experience presale for no reason.  i just received my code a couple hours ago.  AFTER the experience and innocence presales started.  i should have had first crack at tickets, and now i'm stuck with overpriced leftovers.  absolutely terrible.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nickford0074 said:

we do get perks as long term members.. priority access to tickets BEFORE everyone else, including newly signed up members who sign up after the tour announcement.  it has always allowed me to pretty much get the exact tickets I desire..  until this time, of course, when we were booted from the experience presale for no reason.  i just received my code a couple hours ago.  AFTER the experience and innocence presales started.  i should have had first crack at tickets, and now i'm stuck with overpriced leftovers.  absolutely terrible.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lmnoiu said:

your story sounds like mine.

It's really disappointing to see this happening to Experience members.  They need to find a way of making it right.  And they need to figure the whole presale thing our better.  Every tour it is the same.  Things just don't work they way they should.  I think a LOT of the problem is Ticketmaster and LiveNation.  They have little incentive to really fix things, as they get paid either way. FInding a solution to this simply can't be that hard - it's not like U2 is the only band that people get so excited about going to see and where they need a good solution to Scalper's Bots.   

I had problems on the 360 preorder, Innocence went smoothly, then JT was a big problem.  This one was actually the best experience I've ever had.  Got the codes, and got the tickets I wanted with less wait time and hassle than ever before.  But that clearly isn't everyone's experience...but it should be!

One of the new sign ups from earlier this year for JT.  Had to renew for this tour was happy to do so, figuring I'd ave a chance for GA.  NO GAs in DC, big bummer.

Keep the faith gordohk.  Next time round (and odds are they'll do a second swing through North American on this tour) you will likely move up to the first presale group, and there are always GA's for that group.  Also, you could register for the general fan sale and maybe pick up some GA's for this tour that way, if you get lucky.  Especially if they add nights at some of the locations.  Lastly, keep your eyes on the forums in the month or two before the actual show.  There will often be people who have had plans change and have to unload some tickets.  And here it is always at list price.  

13 minutes ago, JasonGrooms said:

Add a second show to as many dates as possible - tix only for u2.com members :)

That's kinda what the Dave Matthews Band does with their ticketing for some of their shows - their fan club gets first crack at tickets, and only the remaining tickets get used for the public onsale.  I love their ticketing system.  You might get slightly less control over the seat location than you would with other fanclubs where you select the tickets directly on Ticketmaster, but I've always gotten in and it's never been stressful.  I might be willing to trade a few rows of U2 closeness for the stress relief :D